The Wall

Old 01-10-2018, 05:14 PM
n/a

Default The Wall

Trump campaigned on building a very high wall across the entire southern border of the USA and the battle cry was "Mexico will pay for the wall."

Mexico will not pay for a wall. Trump wants billions of dollars for the USA to pay for a much scaled down wall.

I have a strong feeling that Trump will be paid very well by a contractor of a wall or it will be one of his own companies.

Why is it that the uneducated rabble that make up his base cannot see the fleece being pulled over their eyes? Basically, the. Trump base is a mindless herd of sheep and Trump is going to shear them.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Trump campaigned on building a very high wall across the entire southern border of the USA and the battle cry was "Mexico will pay for the wall."

Mexico will not pay for a wall. Trump wants billions of dollars for the USA to pay for a much scaled down wall.

I have a strong feeling that
Trump will be paid very well by a contractor of a wall or it will be one of his own companies.

Why is it that the uneducated rabble that make up his base cannot see the fleece being pulled over their eyes? Basically, the. Trump base is a mindless herd of sheep and Trump is going to shear them.

Your conceit is disgusting.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:12 PM
n/a

Quote:

Can you dispute the FACT that Trump had a campaign promise of a very tall wall across the southern border of the USA and that "Mexico will pay for the wall?"

Can you dispute that Mexico said they will not pay for the wall? Can you dispute that Trump is demanding billions of US money to pay for a scaled back wall?

Can you dispute the fact that the uneducated lower class are the main force of Trump's base? Yes, older males also are part of the base but not the main force of it.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Can you dispute the FACT that Trump had a campaign promise of a very tall wall across the southern border of the USA and that "Mexico will pay for the wall?"

Can you dispute that Mexico said they will not pay for the wall? Can you dispute that Trump is demanding billions of US money to pay for a scaled back wall?

Can you dispute the fact that the uneducated lower class are the main force of Trump's base? Yes, older males also are part of the base but not the main force of it.
I can understand the basis for the first half of your post, but am wondering where you get your facts for that last question. I know a lot of people who are well educated that supported and voted for Trump, both male and female. In fact, I would find it more likely that a larger percentage of uneducated, lower income voters voted for Clinton since they tend to support more of the Democratic party agenda. I'm thinking a large portion of Trump supporters were working class whom I don't consider uneducated or lower class.

I'm sorry, I don't have any stats to back that up, but am wondering if you could post your info on that.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:56 PM
n/a

Quote:

I have a strong feeling that Trump will be paid very well by a contractor of a wall or it will be one of his own companies.

And Obama gave the wealthy $10 trillion. And we got the bill...ecach of us...every man, woman, and child owes $30,000 for what Obama alone gave away.

Quote:

Her ignorance and naiveté are astounding.

Really Sandy? You REALLY believed that he was going to get Mexico to pay for a wall? Mexico supplies us with a lot of oil...Mexico could squeeze us easier than we can squeeze them. Close to 1/3 of our population is Hispanic now. Our cities are becoming a majority Hispanic. We're becoming Mexico II.

Bush started te horrendous deficits when he gave the banks a $ trillion to "bail them out". The banks MAKE f@cking money. You KNOW WHY they need to be bailed out??? They GAMBLE. They make leveraged bets and when they go bust...they "owe" a LOT. WHY do they make leveraged bets? Because making 6% isn't good enough to give everyone who works there a $ million bonus.

We're ALL being f@cked by the wealthy and it DOESN'T matter which side is in power. The wealthy own both sides.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
I can understand the basis for the first half of your post, but am wondering where you get your facts for that last question. I know a lot of people who are well educated that supported and voted for Trump, both male and female. In fact, I would find it more likely that a larger percentage of uneducated, lower income voters voted for Clinton since they tend to support more of the Democratic party agenda. I'm thinking a large portion of Trump supporters were working class whom I don't consider uneducated or lower class.

I'm sorry, I don't have any stats to back that up, but am wondering if you could post your info on that.
When people think of "the stupid voters who voted for Trump" they think of white red-necks. But red-necks are a SMALL portion of the white race.

What they FAIL to account for is MORE than half of the D party are minorities. And the minorities are the stupid ignorant blacks and Hispanics. The millions who live in the inner cities.

The D party ALSO has the smart...but they just take advantage of the minorities.

The D party is probably 80% ignorant inner city minorities and 20% white women. ALL gullible and easily led.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:06 PM
n/a

Quote:

Quote:

For just having a strong feeling (how's that for validation or authentication!!) an awful lot of boisterous partisan rabble rousing.

Some of us have a feeling as well.
What can we do to help get some over the fact they lost the sure thing, against all odds election?
What can we do to help some understand that trying to hold just one politicians feet to the promise fire Trump.....just ain't fair.....when it is common practice goes with the job of politics.

If some are going to only single out Trump for bending/swapping, dodging/weaving, breaking promises....how about improving one's credibility and list all the other abusers of the same BS!

I have a feeling there is a one way measuring system, partisan blindness, obedient marching to the weekly talking points directives.....it is just a feeling mind you!!
Old 01-10-2018, 07:09 PM
n/a

Quote:

While I am not overwhelmed by generalizations, and not sure I see a correlation with the wall, but the poster makes a point, and I offer a few links for you to consider...

The educational rift in the 2016 election

Behind Trump's victory: Divisions by race, gender and education | Pew Research Center

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump | FiveThirtyEight

I would make my point that he "conned" the American voter based on his cabinet appointees, the recent tax cuts, and a number of things. While I can argue it based on stats as I present, it is much easier to make that point based on actions.

This is an interesting and telling quote from the man who actually wrote the "Art if the Deal"

"If Trump is elected President, he warned, “the millions of people who voted for him and believe that he represents their interests will learn what anyone who deals closely with him already knows—that he couldn’t care less about them.” ♦

Good reading but doubting you will actually read it.

Donald Trump’s Ghostwriter Tells All | The New Yorker
Old 01-10-2018, 07:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
While I am not overwhelmed by generalizations, and not sure I see a correlation with the wall, but the poster makes a point, and I offer a few links for you to consider...

The educational rift in the 2016 election

Behind Trump's victory: Divisions by race, gender and education | Pew Research Center

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump | FiveThirtyEight

I would make my point that he "conned" the American voter based on his cabinet appointees, the recent tax cuts, and a number of things. While I can argue it based on stats as I present, it is much easier to make that point based on actions.

This is an interesting and telling quote from the man who actually wrote the "Art if the Deal"

"If Trump is elected President, he warned, “the millions of people who voted for him and believe that he represents their interests will learn what anyone who deals closely with him already knows—that he couldn’t care less about them.” ♦

Good reading but doubting you will actually read it.

Donald Trump’s Ghostwriter Tells All | The New Yorker
The OP stated - "the uneducated lower class are the main force of Trump's base"

Maybe had he worded it differently, it wouldn't have come across as so offensive. To me it sounded like the typical elitist attitude of so many liberals.

And btw, you shouldn't be so quick to judge yourself, I already read that article.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
For just having a strong feeling (how's that for validation or authentication!!) an awful lot of boisterous partisan rabble rousing.

Some of us have a feeling as well.
What can we do to help get some over the fact they lost the sure thing, against all odds election?
What can we do to help some understand that trying to hold just one politicians feet to the promise fire Trump.....just ain't fair.....when it is common practice goes with the job of politics.

If some are going to only single out Trump for bending/swapping, dodging/weaving, breaking promises....how about improving one's credibility and list all the other abusers of the same BS!

I have a feeling there is a one way measuring system, partisan blindness, obedient marching to the weekly talking points directives.....it is just a feeling mind you!!
Allow me to speak to this......

Today, Trump created one of his false realities....something every single person who wrote about him...his biographers and co writers have mentioned.

We all know, and don't be insulting asking for proof about his totally scary lying, and his many false felonious allegations (OBama wiretapped him, Cruz's dad involved in Kennedy assisanation as two examples).

So today, Trump takes aim at our countries libel laws, so people are not falsely accused....you know like by the President on a world wide stage.

The President's focus on America's libel laws isn't about fairness, it's about silencing and intimidating reporters and critics alike. It's part of a broader pattern of assaulting the free press and free expression. It is unamerican

What he is doing, and what he is creating has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with "partisan rabble" nor is it begun by or promulgated by anyone but himself. How you can imply the Democrats have anything to do with our President being so clearly able to simply switch realities, I do not understand. It has nothing to do, in any way with the media, the opposing party or any if that. He was not forced to say these things.....
Old 01-10-2018, 07:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
The OP stated - "the uneducated lower class are the main force of Trump's base"

Maybe had he worded it differently, it wouldn't have come across as so offensive. To me it sounded like the typical elitist attitude of so many liberals.

And btw, you shouldn't be so quick to judge yourself, I already read that article.
I judged nobody. I simply supplied to you the links you were looking for, and even said I am opposed to generalities.

Not sure why you want to "fight " about something like this, but since you do, please supply links or credible information when you take a poster down

I assume by "judging" you refer to my comment and doubt you would read the link. If you are insulted by that, sorry, but I note most of the links I supply are not read and obvious because the responses are to to any facts but always about Clinton/OBama or the year old election. Glad you read it, but if I recall you consider most negative Trump,stories to be fiction, while embracing whatever he says.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:41 PM
n/a

Quote:

You should have down research before challenging this poster, who stated, albeit without back up, a common theme for the past year.

I oppose the generalization and question the relativity to the wall, but in general the poster was correct 100%, speaking down to him/her was not the proper response.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
I judged nobody. I simply supplied to you the links you were looking for, and even said I am opposed to generalities.

Not sure why you want to "fight " about something like this, but since you do, please supply links or credible information when you take a poster down

I assume by "judging" you refer to my comment and doubt you would read the link. If you are insulted by that, sorry, but I note most of the links I supply are not read and obvious because the responses are to to any facts but always about Clinton/OBama or the year old election. Glad you read it, but if I recall you consider most negative Trump,stories to be fiction, while embracing whatever he says.
I'm sorry, I think you took my comment toward you a little too seriously - no fight intended. I debated about putting a smiley or something after my statement so you would realize I was being facetious when I commented about you doubting me. Hope this makes sense, but sorry for the misunderstanding. Sometimes I hate the written word vs face-to-face.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
You should have down research before challenging this poster, who stated, albeit without back up, a common theme for the past year.

I oppose the generalization and question the relativity to the wall, but in general the poster was correct 100%, speaking down to him/her was not the proper response.
Obviously, from your response to this I am totally lost to this whole conversation. I did not challenge the OP regarding what he initially said. In fact, I think I said I understood that part, it was only in questioning how he viewed Trump supporters. I don't think I was speaking down to him at all, just telling him what I thought and asking how he came to his conclusion. (my first post directed at the OP)

When I responded to you (my second post on this thread) and said that I thought the reference was offensive, it was only because you posted all these links to voter's education level and I went on to say that wording it differently may have been more appropriate vs "uneducated lower class".

I have no problem apologizing to you or the OP if I talked down to either of you, but I'm still trying to figure out if you're confused or I am. Are you sure you're not making a mountain out of a molehill here? I don't know, I'm just asking.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:42 AM
n/a

To validate the OP's point, which was that Trump voters are being fleeced.

THE SWAMP term, which Trump threw around so much began with the EARMARKS used in congress, outlawed a few years ago.

NOW....

'Drain the Swamp' Trump suggests reviving 'earmarks' in Congress

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump unexpectedly suggested on Tuesday that bringing back congressional “earmarks,” spending habits that were banished six years ago from the federal budget process, might help an often deadlocked U.S. Congress get things done."

'Drain the Swamp' Trump suggests reviving 'earmarks' in Congress | Reuters

THIS was, I think, the OP's point

Tags
pay, wall

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.