War on ISIL

Old 02-05-2015, 01:28 PM
n/a

Default War on ISIL

This is a very tough call on how to accomplish our goals relative to fighting this group.

Hard to fight a group of maybe 50 to 60 thousand total, but all commando type warriors with no help from many of the countries that they are physically interred. Syria has been killing each other for a few years and these ISIL guys are just another killing machine.

Bombing seems a bit frustrating without PRECISE ground intel.

Seems we need to make a choice on this. It has grown into a group with resources that needs to be addressed.

Is it our fight ? In my opinion, it sure is. The world is so small right now, and if ignored it may cost us more money and lives when and if we need to confront it.

What does everyone think......very hard call to make
Old 02-05-2015, 02:23 PM
n/a

Our government needs to realize, and realize it quickly, that these are people you cannot reason with. We had better sit up and pay attention or for the first time since the Civil War, we will see battle...not just suicide bombings, etc., but actual atrocities and combat right here on our own soil. What is happening there is just a sampling of what is to come if they get here.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:28 PM
n/a

I'm a liberal Democrat, I know a rarity in the villages. That said there comes a time when we just have to say, Enough! We need to go after these barbarians with everything we have, and then clean up that little mess in Africa where they are butchering children.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm a liberal Democrat, I know a rarity in the villages. That said there comes a time when we just have to say, Enough! We need to go after these barbarians with everything we have, and then clean up that little mess in Africa where they are butchering children.
I do not believe you are a rarity at all. I have lived here for 15 years and while there is no doubt more Republicans than Democrats (I do not know the registration numbers) it is more mixed than many think. DO NOT JUDGE anything by what you read on here. It does not reflect reality.

On the fight with ISIL, this will play into those who think this is all about bashing the President.

First, I do not envy the spot he is in now. It is a very tenuos and difficult situation figuring out how to fight this.

BUT, If he had been less political and allowed the occupation of Iraq to continue, and he could have no matter what he says, no ISIL. Had he gotten involved even just a little...no ISIL. They filled the vacuum created by our inaction.

Having said that, I pray that someone comes up with a plan. I think the situation needs a big BOOM from us to show the world we mean it. I think the President thinks the problems in the mid east will stay there if we just leave it alone. I do not know, but what a gamble not use our best weapon..our military force.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:10 AM
n/a

it did not take the king of Jordan many hours to make good on his threat and response. Less than 24 hours.

There is no wat that could happen here in the USA under the current mentality of those in control. The well worn pattern of let's wait and see, let's study it further, let's not rush to accuse or hurt some elements feelings, let's wait and see what others do/think.

The let's go on national television and talk....and talk...and talk some more.

I have said it before and will state it again here.....i trul beleive the "WH" actually feels they have addressed the issue by talking about it. No actions No accountability.

We the people have become accustomed to the routine, hence some of our expectations are truly depressed.

The enemy have also become accustomed to the pattern and style. Hence they are emboldened to do as they may.

A good example? The long and painful decision to start to bomb ISIS' march across Iraq. The speech announcing we are going to do so full of rhetoric how we will slow ISIS down and ultimately destry them.
Has there been an update how we are doing? We know by the news every day how ISIS is doing. They are alive and well and CONTINUING with no fear of the USA.

And that is not going to change until there is a change in the attitude of the "WH" about who our enemies are and what to do about it.

For starters give Jordan what they need to win their response.....do not study it for weeks to decide.....the enemy knows that is what we do.
Not the king of Jordan.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:25 AM
n/a

Cool

I believe the President is asking congress for the authority to use the military on this issue....
Old 02-06-2015, 11:42 AM
n/a

what we do not have in this administration, congress included is a sense of urgency.

The king of Jordan responded in less than 24 hours. We have been at the discussion level for days and based on past performance there will be no decision to do anything any time soon. That is the modus operendi.....those who would harm us or our allies/friends know this all too well.

So on this one he needs to ask the congress.....I won't hit the rolling on the floor lauging icon.....but I am laughing-again!
Old 02-06-2015, 11:47 AM
n/a

Sounds as some posters want American troops on the ground fighting ISIS or flying bombing runs.

ISIS would absolutely love to capture a few American soldiers. They would be executed in a horrible way and the video played worlwiide.

After a few or several of those horrible executions, do you think the average American would have the mindset to petition the government to withdraw or would a tougher resolve? In my viewpoint, it would weaken the will of most people and we the people would want to leave ISIS to the mid-east.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Sounds as some posters want American troops on the ground fighting ISIS or flying bombing runs.

ISIS would absolutely love to capture a few American soldiers. They would be executed in a horrible way and the video played worlwiide.

After a few or several of those horrible executions, do you think the average American would have the mindset to petition the government to withdraw or would a tougher resolve? In my viewpoint, it would weaken the will of most people and we the people would want to leave ISIS to the mid-east.
Good luck with that thought process. Unfortunately, i don't think it will be able to be contained there - eventually it will spill over to the US. Then what will we do?
Old 02-06-2015, 01:41 PM
n/a

Who are we the people? It certainly is Not Tea Party extremists.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:50 PM
n/a

Quote:

Please take your head out of the sand. We are already at war and should be leading this fight. Doesn't necessarily means boots on the ground. We have more military knowledge then any of these countries and would be a tremendous support to their efforts.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:03 PM
n/a

Quote:

I do not think that is the case...wanting all you say the posters want.

I think what we want is a plan...all we have had are lectures based on generalizations.

I totally understand that providing details is not smart and that is not what I am talking about. Some days we fly and bomb....some days we do this and that. It is tough to make that call , I understand.

I would be scared to death of groundtroops for sure.

Keep in mind, we lost an american woman today, who was in Syria working with the poor children, many of which were slaughtered, raped and maimed while we stood silent, EVEN AFTER DRAWING A RED LINE.

How do you think these people came into such power ?

I will be honest....I do not have the answer......I have fears of ground troops and too much involvement.

HOWEVER, our President was warned about the consequences of leaving Iraq as he did when he had options....our President was warned about the consequences of ignoring Syria when he had options. So now we have what we have.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:06 PM
n/a

Quote:

HOWEVER, our President was warned about the consequences of leaving Iraq as he did when he had options....our President was warned about the consequences of ignoring Syria when he had options. So now we have what we have.
This mess would not be happening if our previous president had not invaded Iraq under the LIES of weapons of mass destruction. What a buffoon he was.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
This mess would not be happening if our previous president had not invaded Iraq under the LIES of weapons of mass destruction. What a buffoon he was.
Gee...have your read the thread on here about respect ????????

Whether you are right or wrong is not the question of the minute. Would welcome a fun fame of taking each problem issue and go back in time to try and determine what had to change to eliminate the current problem.

There are words and writings for people who think in this manner !!!

Reliving the Iraq war is similiar to reliving why it took us so long to enter the second world war and how many lives might have been saved.

An exercise in total futility
Old 02-06-2015, 05:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
Gee...have your read the thread on here about respect ????????

Whether you are right or wrong is not the question of the minute. Would welcome a fun fame of taking each problem issue and go back in time to try and determine what had to change to eliminate the current problem.

There are words and writings for people who think in this manner !!!

Reliving the Iraq war is similiar to reliving why it took us so long to enter the second world war and how many lives might have been saved.

An exercise in total futility
The Iraq Invasion cost over 4,000 dead Americans, thousands maimed, and thousands more psychological wounded - all for NOTHING.

Can anyone disprove that?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.