Warning for Political Posters

Old 03-08-2017, 08:47 AM
n/a

Default Warning for Political Posters

One of the reasons the original political forum was discontinued was the spillover of acrimonious posts into main forum discussions. In the intervening months, there were numerous threads and posts asking for the return of the political forum. To concerns about political comments and attitudes entering main board discussions, many assured us that wouldn't happen. The use of "Guest" as the ID for all participants was an attempt to ward off spillover to the main section by keeping participants anonymous. Unfortunately, an app not supported by TOTV revealed posters actual ID increasing member on member hostility.

We are now seeing significant incidences of posters bringing their hostility toward other members into main board threads through direct responses and comments that may outwardly appear innocuous but are intended to antagonize. This must stop NOW.

The existence of the political forum and posting privileges may be at risk if this continues.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:53 AM
n/a

I for one have gotten sick and tired of all the nasty posts on the Political Forum. I almost never go there anymore.

I'd really love to have rational discussions about differences in policies and philosophies, but that has become impossible because of a small number of people whose only objective seems to be to insult and annoy people.

Some people really need to get something else in their lives. I have really begun to feel sorry for them. They are evidently in so much emotional pain that they feel the need to do this on a regular basis.

if it gets cleaned up and these few are denied privileges, maybe we can get back to having a serious political forum.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I for one have gotten sick and tired of all the nasty posts on the Political Forum. I almost never go there anymore.

I'd really love to have rational discussions about differences in policies and philosophies, but that has become impossible because of a small number of people whose only objective seems to be to insult and annoy people.

Some people really need to get something else in their lives. I have really begun to feel sorry for them. They are evidently in so much emotional pain that they feel the need to do this on a regular basis.

if it gets cleaned up and these few are denied privileges, maybe we can get back to having a serious political forum.
Let's do it... Can't you ignore them?

This is a true BASTION of FREE SPEECH. Do NOT let it fall.

You know...if we had a "men only" forum...ALL this stupid bickering would stop. It's the women causing these problems.

Give us men our own forum...they have theirs. They would complain about us "polluting" "their area", their "safe space". Why should we allow their bickering to ruin our space?
Old 03-08-2017, 10:05 AM
n/a

Possible solutions...

-Make totv compatible with tapatalk, possibly with a software upgrade to totv.

-Allow more free speech. Maybe even penalties for unwarranted complaints by these thing skinned wackadoodles that constantly report to mod. It must be very time consuming for mods when one poster complains so often.

-Other boards require a minimum of 500 or 1000 posts before allowing posts in the off topic or political forums. Everyone would be exposed and only long timers could post, keeping it more civil. It would also preserve the great image of the villages and not turn off newbies. Friends from up north have said they have a different opinion of the villages after reading the political forum. The political forum has a small percentage of posters, but unfortunately presents a bad Village image.

Thank goodness for the unmoderated political forum, the only place for free speech without moderation.

Of the persons I have polled, no one has seen this spillover hostility, anyone else?
Old 03-08-2017, 10:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
Let's do it... Can't you ignore them?

This is a true BASTION of FREE SPEECH. Do NOT let it fall.

You know...if we had a "men only" forum...ALL this stupid bickering would stop. It's the women causing these problems.

Give us men our own forum...they have theirs. They would complain about us "polluting" "their area", their "safe space". Why should we allow their bickering to ruin our space?
One can only guess who this poster might be! The resident sexist!
Old 03-08-2017, 10:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

The mod is not talking about the nasty political forum, but spillover of posts into the general forum of "innocuous" posts but are intended to antagonize.

in·noc·u·ous
iˈnäkyo͞oəs/Submit
adjective
not harmful or offensive.

Maybe the problem is the one complaining about in·noc·u·ous posts. Lol
Old 03-08-2017, 11:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
One of the reasons the original political forum was discontinued was the spillover of acrimonious posts into main forum discussions. In the intervening months, there were numerous threads and posts asking for the return of the political forum. To concerns about political comments and attitudes entering main board discussions, many assured us that wouldn't happen. The use of "Guest" as the ID for all participants was an attempt to ward off spillover to the main section by keeping participants anonymous. Unfortunately, an app not supported by TOTV revealed posters actual ID increasing member on member hostility.

We are now seeing significant incidences of posters bringing their hostility toward other members into main board threads through direct responses and comments that may outwardly appear innocuous but are intended to antagonize. This must stop NOW.

The existence of the political forum and posting privileges may be at risk if this continues.

Thank You
Old 03-08-2017, 11:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by copuff View Post
One can only guess who this poster might be! The resident sexist!
You don't have to guess and you don't need Tapatalk to know who the poster is. Just click quote and scroll down the page.

I don't comment much in the main board, it seems like groundhog day...dog crap thread, golf cart path thread, Comcast charging too much thread...

I am not a sexist but maybe a men's forum would be a good idea, less drama sounds good for me.

Next question is how are we going to decide what is a man?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2017, 12:12 PM
n/a

Show real names or at least familiar screen names. I show mine. If you don't want to, then that shows you might be an anonymous bully. I understand (kind of) the feeling of fear that a person might have of their information being hacked, but I also say that being anonymous seems to escalate the bullying on the part of some people. NOT you Rubicon, or you Polar Bear, or you Yvonne, or a number of posters who are outspoken but fair and don't use demeaning and hateful posts to stir the pot. Grace Gantner

P.S. I am guilty of getting angry on here but some people always make their point without rancor and hateful rhetoric. I so admire them.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:36 PM
n/a

Quote:

Yes. Thanks for that. I will put my worst nemesis on the Ignore List yet again and hope people will alert me if I need to go to the Moderator again about this poster who will remain on the Ignore List. I believe pretty much any regular Poster on the Political Forum knows who I have been having rather troublesome problems with for the past six weeks or so. And many of the people on the regular board probably also know of whom I speak. Calling someone a dork and a retard (directed at me) should give a clue to whom I complained about whose attacks on me are anything but innocuous. They may look that way to someone who knows not know my back story but this man or woman seems to and continues to make personal attacks on me.

And the Ignore List seems to make Political Forum posts as well out of my sight. I would have booted this person a long time ago from Talk of the Villages if I had any control over the matter.

Looks like the Ignore List still works on the Political Forum.

Signed-- Jon Hoppensteadt or Taltarzac725
Old 03-08-2017, 01:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Yes. Thanks for that. I will put my worst nemesis on the Ignore List yet again and hope people will alert me if I need to go to the Moderator again about this poster who will remain on the Ignore List. I believe pretty much any regular Poster on the Political Forum knows who I have been having rather troublesome problems with for the past six weeks or so. And many of the people on the regular board probably also know of whom I speak. Calling someone a dork and a retard (directed at me) should give a clue to whom I complained about whose attacks on me are anything but innocuous. They may look that way to someone who knows not know my back story but this man or woman seems to and continues to make personal attacks on me.

And the Ignore List seems to make Political Forum posts as well out of my sight. I would have booted this person a long time ago from Talk of the Villages if I had any control over the matter.

Looks like the Ignore List still works on the Political Forum.

Jon? I always thought you were a woman?

I hope you are not Danish, would hate to share any DNA with you.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackadoodle View Post
I will put my worst nemesis on the Ignore List yet again and hope people will alert me if I need to go to the Moderator again about this poster who will remain on the Ignore List....I would have booted this person a long time ago from Talk of the Villages if I had any control over the matter.

This is exactly the drama this forum could do without. This individual acts like a punching bag for aggresive posters and then whines about the abuse he receives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2017, 01:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
This is exactly the drama this forum could do without. This individual acts like a punching bag for aggresive posters and then whines about the abuse he receives.

I would use a different adjective than "aggressive" here. There are posters on the Political Forum who are racist, mean-spirited, women-hating and just plain dishonest.

And any "abuse" should not be acceptable.

I do point these traits out as any decent person should. And other actual Christians on here do the same. Trump has brought out the worst in many people and he has polluted political discourse by making personal attacks acceptable rather than talking about the actual policies and the like. These attacks are irrelevant and illogical for the most part but they did work for Donald Trump.

I think any decent person knows who on the Political Forum should be banned and who should be able to stay. There are fair minded Republicans, Independents as well as Democrats on Talk of the Villages.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post

Perhaps things might be different if he were not so stupid as to make personal attacks against Trump supporters and expect people not to say bad things back at him, all while telling every retarded detail of his life on totv and all over the Internet. Then if some innocuous remark is made that resembles his life he runs to the mod and plays the wackadoodle, I am a protected class card.

Stay the fu(k out of the political forum if you can't take the heat.

Keep your wackadoodle ass in the regular forum and start a million threads which are usually not responded too. You are the king of one post threads.

Are you proud your mommy is still going to "my child is a retard support group."

Don't throw stones when you are made of defective glass.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Perhaps things might be different if he were not so stupid as to make personal attacks against Trump supporters and expect people not to say bad things back at him, all while telling every retarded detail of his life on totv and all over the Internet. Then if some innocuous remark is made that resembles his life he runs to the mod and plays the wackadoodle, I am a protected class card.

Stay the fu(k out of the political forum if you can't take the heat.

Keep your wackadoodle ass in the regular forum and start a million threads which are usually not responded too. You are the king of one post threads.

Are you proud your mommy is still going to "my child is a retard support group."

Don't throw stones when you are made of defective glass.
Back on the Ignore List. I just wanted to make a note and a record of the kind of garbage contributed by Affald. That is the last post of this rotten person I am going to look at. And if anyone finds this innocuous they should look at a dictionary. The person is just plain nasty. Affald (probably a he) contributes bile and hatred on here.

Signed-- Jon Hoppensteadt or Taltarzac725.

Tags
forum, main, political, posters, threads

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.