watching lpga pga and WISHING Condoleezza Rice was potus

Old 07-02-2017, 03:28 PM
n/a

Default watching lpga pga and WISHING Condoleezza Rice was potus

Or John Kasick, or Colin Powell. I'm sure, that if given another choice we would not be looking at such incompetence right now. If "if's" were wishes, who would you choose?
Old 07-02-2017, 03:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Or John Kasick, or Colin Powell. I'm sure, that if given another choice we would not be looking at such incompetence right now. If "if's" were wishes, who would you choose?
Drink much?
Old 07-02-2017, 03:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidbitch View Post
I would choose Trump again, thanks for asking...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2017, 03:39 PM
n/a

The one time Mitt Romney would have been a lock he doesn't run.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2017, 03:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Condi Rice has been my pick ever since W's term ended. Unfortunately, she did not wish to run. What a shame as she would have been an excellent candidate. And then we could have gotten past all this "first" stuff in one shot and been proud. Her qualifications, intelligence, and temperament, collectively, are hard to beat. We can only hope she may reconsider in the future.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
The one time Mitt Romney would have been a lock he doesn't run.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
You say that, but I still think it had to be someone like Trump to break up the 3 ring circus that politics had become after Obama's reign. If you're going to go head to head with the likes of Obama and the Clinton's, you have to be ready and willing to get your hands dirty - real dirty. Hopefully we all learn from this and change in the future. For now, we have President Trump. I'm not happy with a lot of what I see on the surface, but he's a doer, and I like that. Regardless of what you and many of your cohorts say, I think he does love this country and wants to preserve what it stands for. We could not continue going down the path we were going economically or otherwise without fundamental changes that many in this country do not want to occur. We, as a country, are different and unique for a reason - I don't think I'm in the minority in saying that.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
You say that, but I still think it had to be someone like Trump to break up the 3 ring circus that politics had become after Obama's reign. If you're going to go head to head with the likes of Obama and the Clinton's, you have to be ready and willing to get your hands dirty - real dirty. Hopefully we all learn from this and change in the future. For now, we have President Trump. I'm not happy with a lot of what I see on the surface, but he's a doer, and I like that. Regardless of what you and many of your cohorts say, I think he does love this country and wants to preserve what it stands for. We could not continue going down the path we were going economically or otherwise without fundamental changes that many in this country do not want to occur. We, as a country, are different and unique for a reason - I don't think I'm in the minority in saying that.
What I question, is your comment, "he is a doer". Potus wants repeal ACA, maybe "later" replace, what??? (32 million with no insurance). Depends on what you want potus to do! Trillion dollar wall, when a $20 ladder nullify that. I won't even go into his twitter attacks on women, and there is more..... wishing 2020 was tomorrow, I feel confident that I'm not alone.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Trump is not a doer UNLESS IT WILL benefit him personally.

Signing EO's and this pertains to the last president, is just stupidity for our country. The next guy will reverse them as this guy is doing.

We need meaningful legislation a lot of areas internally and a measured prudence in foreign affairs, none of which we are getting and this President is drifting further and further away from reality.

I not happy with Barrack Obama but do not understand what you mean by "Trump to break up the 3 ring circus that politics had become after Obama's reign.".

When you say AFTER as you did, you imply something but not sure what it might be. The circus was/has been and continues to be Donald Trump.

I go back further in time to what I think began this downfall. When we had the Supreme Court decide the 2000 election, it gave rise to resentment and hate on both sides, temporarily abated by 9/11, and the unification that followed. Then it began....BOTH PARTIES BY THE WAY...no matter what the progressives and the Tea Party might say....it was both sides of the aisle and not one.

We now have the worst possible scenario in the WH.....a person who is NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A LEADER OR DOER. He has NEVER EVER LED anything or anyone, nor even practiced community service or given one ounce of anything to this country.

He found a way to make lies become truth and have a group of Americans actually buy into that. He is living in and attempting to create his own little false reality, which he is known to have done so many times in the past (making up characters for him to play in secret to tout himself, etc). I am afraid he is destroying our presidency totally, and frankly not sure we ever escape this.

Just thinking about how congress voted 97-2 to sanction Russia and OUR PRESIDENT IS ACTUALLY LOBBYING ON BEHALF OF RUSSIA with his own congress. How in the world is that love of country ?
Old 07-02-2017, 05:58 PM
n/a

A good example of how our national character and reputation is being damaged.

One of the Justice Department’s top corporate crime watchdogs has resigned. She resigned because the administration is engaging in activities that she would not tolerate, ethically, in any company. Can't hold companies to standards that the White House was not living up to.

"Trying to hold companies to standards that our current administration is not living up to was creating a cognitive dissonance that I could not overcome," Chen wrote. “To sit across the table from companies and question how committed they were to ethics and compliance felt not only hypocritical, but very much like shuffling the deck chair on the Titanic. Even as I engaged in those questioning and evaluations, on my mind were the numerous lawsuits pending against the President of the United States for everything from violations of the Constitution to conflict of interest, the ongoing investigations of potentially treasonous conducts, and the investigators and prosecutors fired for their pursuits of principles and facts. Those are conducts I would not tolerate seeing in a company, yet I worked under an administration that engaged in exactly those conduct. I wanted no more part in it.”

Justice Department's Corporate Crime Watchdog Resigns, Saying Trump Makes It Impossible To Do Job | International Business Times
Old 07-02-2017, 06:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
What I question, is your comment, "he is a doer". Potus wants repeal ACA, maybe "later" replace, what??? (32 million with no insurance). Depends on what you want potus to do! Trillion dollar wall, when a $20 ladder nullify that. I won't even go into his twitter attacks on women, and there is more..... wishing 2020 was tomorrow, I feel confident that I'm not alone.
Believe me, I know how you feel......I felt that way for the past 8 years!
Old 07-02-2017, 06:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Trump is not a doer UNLESS IT WILL benefit him personally.

Signing EO's and this pertains to the last president, is just stupidity for our country. The next guy will reverse them as this guy is doing.

We need meaningful legislation a lot of areas internally and a measured prudence in foreign affairs, none of which we are getting and this President is drifting further and further away from reality.

I not happy with Barrack Obama but do not understand what you mean by "Trump to break up the 3 ring circus that politics had become after Obama's reign.".

When you say AFTER as you did, you imply something but not sure what it might be. The circus was/has been and continues to be Donald Trump.

I go back further in time to what I think began this downfall. When we had the Supreme Court decide the 2000 election, it gave rise to resentment and hate on both sides, temporarily abated by 9/11, and the unification that followed. Then it began....BOTH PARTIES BY THE WAY...no matter what the progressives and the Tea Party might say....it was both sides of the aisle and not one.

We now have the worst possible scenario in the WH.....a person who is NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A LEADER OR DOER. He has NEVER EVER LED anything or anyone, nor even practiced community service or given one ounce of anything to this country.

He found a way to make lies become truth and have a group of Americans actually buy into that. He is living in and attempting to create his own little false reality, which he is known to have done so many times in the past (making up characters for him to play in secret to tout himself, etc). I am afraid he is destroying our presidency totally, and frankly not sure we ever escape this.

Just thinking about how congress voted 97-2 to sanction Russia and OUR PRESIDENT IS ACTUALLY LOBBYING ON BEHALF OF RUSSIA with his own congress. How in the world is that love of country ?
I will agree with you that it went back as far as 2000. However, you will never convince me that Obama was not the great divider. In my opinion, it escalated with him. He created political division, racial division, and even division between the citizenry and the police. He may have spoken more eloquently and "acted" more dignified, but again in my opinion, he is no better than what you all complain about regarding Trump.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
A good example of how our national character and reputation is being damaged.

One of the Justice Department’s top corporate crime watchdogs has resigned. She resigned because the administration is engaging in activities that she would not tolerate, ethically, in any company. Can't hold companies to standards that the White House was not living up to.

"Trying to hold companies to standards that our current administration is not living up to was creating a cognitive dissonance that I could not overcome," Chen wrote. “To sit across the table from companies and question how committed they were to ethics and compliance felt not only hypocritical, but very much like shuffling the deck chair on the Titanic. Even as I engaged in those questioning and evaluations, on my mind were the numerous lawsuits pending against the President of the United States for everything from violations of the Constitution to conflict of interest, the ongoing investigations of potentially treasonous conducts, and the investigators and prosecutors fired for their pursuits of principles and facts. Those are conducts I would not tolerate seeing in a company, yet I worked under an administration that engaged in exactly those conduct. I wanted no more part in it.”

Justice Department's Corporate Crime Watchdog Resigns, Saying Trump Makes It Impossible To Do Job | International Business Times
Yes, and I also know personally a government employee who resigned for the very same reason under Obama and Hillary's watch. I guess a big deal wasn't made about that. Maybe he went quietly, or maybe the media wasn't interested in reporting it. You've got to admit, the media is acting like a completely different animal than when Obama was President. You would have thought that he walked on water for goodness sake!
Old 07-02-2017, 06:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
I will agree with you that it went back as far as 2000. However, you will never convince me that Obama was not the great divider. In my opinion, it escalated with him. He created political division, racial division, and even division between the citizenry and the police. He may have spoken more eloquently and "acted" more dignified, but again in my opinion, he is no better than what you all complain about regarding Trump.
My response is two fold Abbey.

First, I share this with you from an article in 2010

Here’s John Boehner, the likely speaker if Republicans take the House, offering his plans for Obama’s agenda: “We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

The GOP's no-compromise pledge - POLITICO

And we all know what happened to any cooperation between parties after a short time in Iraq.

Second thing is I can tolerate differences of opinions, I can tolerate differences in vision. We have a person acting on our behalf that, in addition to lobbying on behalf of Russia with his own congress has shown himself to be a self serving, mean spirited liar. His attempt to create false narratives is simolyntgat...creating a false narrative.

This is absolutely, and I have no doubt about this at all, if it continues, going to destroy our presidency forever, it has already begun to absolutely destroy our world standing. We cannot be trusted, we lie and cheat, and he speaks for all of us.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yes, and I also know personally a government employee who resigned for the very same reason under Obama and Hillary's watch. I guess a big deal wasn't made about that. Maybe he went quietly, or maybe the media wasn't interested in reporting it. You've got to admit, the media is acting like a completely different animal than when Obama was President. You would have thought that he walked on water for goodness sake!
The media is reporting what our President does and what he says.

They have never made anything up ever.

He knows what he is doing. He wants you and all his followers to listen to him and him alone. First step is isolate the media and try to convince you they lie, yet he can never ever ever prove anything at all.

He adores the conspiracy theories (see Alex Jones, National Enquirer, and any alt right conspiracy theory) and promotes these things. He is playing everyone but the consequences of his "game" are very serious.

I am not defending OBama in anyway, but this threat to our basic democracy is real.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Really ? More please...the top Justice ethics person is a pretty big deal.

Tags
choice, rice, potus, condoleezza, wishing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.