Is Herman Cain worth considering?

Old 06-11-2011, 02:27 PM
n/a

Default Is Herman Cain worth considering?

He's not a DC Beltway insider.
He does not owe anything to any special interest group.
He is in favor of dumping the IRS and all of the loopholes and replacing it with the FairTax.
He has business executive experience.
He seems to be a man of Faith
He knows where he came from and how his parents lived the American Dream.
He speaks plainly and does not require a teleprompter.

He has stated positions on the issues.

Does he have international affairs experience. No, but neither has any President since Gearge HW Bush.

What do folks think?

Check him out at:
http://www.hermancain.com/
Old 06-11-2011, 10:44 PM
n/a

Hancle, I am impressed with Herman Cain. I looked your link to his website – hermancain.com. Your link does not work because you used http twice.

After examining his website and a number of other sites I could find that dealt with Herman Cain, I concluded the following:

1 His chance of winning the Republican nomination is nearly zero. He has no major endorsements and his on-the-ground organization is essentially nonexistent.
2 He has no political experience.
3 He not only believes in America and the American dream – he has lived it.
4 He has an incredible, verifiable record as a turnaround executive.
5 The USA is in desperate need of a turnaround leader; one who will tell the truth about our economic situation and present real, although painful ways that deal with it.

Herman Cain’s position reminds me of that of Marco Rubio, an honest, virtually unknown who decided to run for the US Senate against Charlie Crist. Crist, then Governor of Florida had the endorsements of the RNC and virtually the entire Republican establishment. I examined their background, experience, accomplishments and beliefs. I decided that Marco Rubio would make a better Senator than Charlie Crist shortly after his announcement in May 2009.

I supported Marco Rubio with my donations, very limited, from that point on. I did this because I believed he would be a better US Senator. I’ve never met either Marco Rubio or Herman Cain, nor do especially wish to. I’m not a groupee, nor does a ‘thrill go up my leg’ when I watch him. Sorry, I’m a conservative person who supports reality. A few minutes ago, I sent my first donation to Herman Cain. The amount is only two figures. If Herman Cain is elected, the support will have come from individuals, not corporate or party support.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:10 PM
n/a

I like Herman Cain a lot, but like BBQ I have serious doubts of his ability to go far in the primaries. But, as already been mentioned, he speaks from experience and he speaks from the heart. I think he adds a dialogue to the primary debate that will force the leading candidates to address issues important to the voters, in a more direct way, the longer Mr. Cain is in the campaign.

I hope he sticks it out for a while. He's a very good speaker, and audiences who hear him speak cannot walk away unimpressed.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:11 PM
n/a

Herman Cain supports the "fair tax". It is a terrible idea. They want to send everyone a "pretax" check to everyone every year to make up for the taxes they "would" have spent on things like food and medicine and then have a national sales tax. The LAST thing we need is the government sending checks to everyone every year. They would constantly want to raise it to buy votes, the checks would get "lost", send to prisoners, dead people, and crooks, the liberals would want to "means" test it, another big agency and a bunch more spending. If you want to replace income tax with sales tax, just omit taxes on those items when they are purchased and forget sending the checks.
Cain also supported tarp bank bailouts
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol45PnAIFRU[/ame]
Old 06-12-2011, 07:47 AM
n/a

I like Herman Cain, but I don't think he has a chance to get the nomination. I wouldn't be upset to see the GOP nominee pick him as VP, though.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:45 AM
n/a

Default He's Not Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Herman Cain supports the "fair tax". It is a terrible idea...
So does Michelle Bachmann. Check out her extensive interview in this weekend's edition of the Wall Street Journal.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...mann+interview
Old 06-12-2011, 05:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
So does Michelle Bachmann. Check out her extensive interview in this weekend's edition of the Wall Street Journal.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...mann+interview
I retained my copy of that article bcause I intend to follow her campaign and want to see how close to script she remains.

I am an opponent of the fair tax because politicians will never allow their source of income to flow from that one tax alone. I do agree with activity which will eliminate capital gains taxes and compress coroporate and individual income taxes, etc. becuase the economy is too complex to have a one size fits all.
My concern is to have Palin and Bachmann both run at the same time because they will cancel each other out. OK Bachmann/ Palin haters charm in
Old 06-12-2011, 06:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I retained my copy of that article bcause I intend to follow her campaign and want to see how close to script she remains.

I am an opponent of the fair tax because politicians will never allow their source of income to flow from that one tax alone. I do agree with activity which will eliminate capital gains taxes and compress coroporate and individual income taxes, etc. becuase the economy is too complex to have a one size fits all.
My concern is to have Palin and Bachmann both run at the same time because they will cancel each other out. OK Bachmann/ Palin haters charm in
I don't understand the logic of being against the FairTax because "politicians will never allow" it. What??????
Old 06-12-2011, 09:13 PM
n/a

JimJoe,

You stated that the government should not send checks to all the people.

Hey, look at Alaska. They send checks to all of the Alaska citizens each year. Do you think there no fraud, waste, and abuse going on there?

If your teaparty darling had no problem with it, why do you?

(good looking beagle in your avatar - yours?)
Old 06-12-2011, 09:24 PM
n/a

A black democrat (Obama) vs a black republican (Cain). That would be interesting. I'd vote for Cain. Maybe he'll bring change we can believe in.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:01 PM
n/a

What do folks think?

Check him out at:
http://www.hermancain.com/[/QUOTE]

I think he has as good a chance as some others who are running. His resume is top-notch and on a personal level he imparts a genuine concern for the welfare of our country. His message resonates well Americans who are fed up with Obama, Pelosi and Reid and the damage they have done to our economy.
His pleasant demeanor is a huge plus as well.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:23 PM
n/a

Herman Cain is much more noteworthy than Obama was when he took up space on the list of 'D' candidates.
Herman Cain is much more out spoken on the issues and what he would do about ANY one of them compared to the low(est) of profiles Obama held for much of the early 'D' campaign.

Herman Cain is by far a better speaker than Obama...he has no fear of taking and stating his position without waiting to see which way the political winds are blowing.

I personally look forward to Herman Cain gaining momentum and coming from the shadows (like Obama) as the campaign gets further along.

I fully intend to watch and support Herman Cain until such time as somebody with more to offer comes along.

He certainly has more to offer for consideration than Obama had or has currently.

btk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.