Hope?

Old 04-18-2011, 09:15 PM
n/a

Default Hope?

Ya know every once in a while something happens that gives just a glimmer of hope that sanity can be restored to government and our society.
Did everyone notice that Arizona Governor Brewer vetoed the recently passed 'birther' bill and the bill that would have allowed guns to be carried freely on college campuses? Wonders never cease, at least for the moment.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:28 PM
n/a

Default Jan Brewer goes sane!

Just when you thought all sanity had leached out of the Republicans, Jan Brewer actually did something reasonable. She called the birther bill "a bridge too far" and vetoed it. Good going, Jan.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:12 PM
n/a

I have to agree with you on the birther bill. But we disagree in the right to carrry guns on campus. Any place that has a sign NO FIREARMS ALLOWED I will not do business with. They are what we in the firearms training business call "Target Rich Enviroments." Ciminals will carry a gun into place like this because they have an outstanding chance that they will be the only ones with a firearm. Besides they have no respect for the law so the sign means nothing to them to start with.

Have you ever noticed that as soon as resistance is directed at the jerk that is shooting unarmed shoppers they either run away or turn their gun on themselves.

If you where a shop owner would you rather have someone who has had a criminal background check, some training in the handing of a firearm or would you rather have a bunch of gang bangers who don't care about the law invade your place of business and start shooting your customers.

Why do you think that Walmart took the "No Firearms Allowed" signs down. If you keep me or anyone else legally authorized to carry concealed no right to protect myself or my family, I will be seeing you in court, bring your check book because you will need it.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:09 PM
n/a

Boy howdy, there's no place on earth I'd rather NOT be than a Wal Mart with a bunch of idiots with guns. The more, the merrier, right? With little to no training on the proper use of a firearm, anyone can carry one and that certainly scares the crap out of me. The police are trained in their use and when to use them in a crowded situation, not Bubba shopping at the Wal Mart for his beer or the kid at the register of the Kangaroo. I have lived a long and safe life without a gun and have never had a need or use for one. If you want one, fine - go to the target range and have a ball. But don't shop next to me!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:23 PM
n/a

Default nitak, when we refer to being able to "carry" we are talking

people like me who are licensed to carry and do have the training of how and when to use or not use deadly force. There is no reference to let anybody (Bubba as you purport) to willy nilly carry a gun.

Let's hope the day never comes that you would need one of us trained and licensed to carry nearby.

Those of us who do carry view it just like you do insurance. You have it and if you are lucky you will never use it!!

btk
Old 04-20-2011, 07:06 PM
n/a

Well, here in Florida, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon into a place that serves alcohol. Just let me see anyone with a concealed weapon at a bar and I will turn your butt in to the cops so fast your head will spin. Big fines and bigger attorney fees for you as well as a criminal record.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:58 PM
n/a

Those of us licensed to carry are well versed on where one is NOT allowed to carry.
If anyone is carrying in a bar you can bet with certainty they are not licensed.
And if they are carrying concealed nobody is going to see it anyway.

If we have a permit/license....we are the good guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

btk
Old 04-21-2011, 04:38 PM
n/a

Tbug, as a certified instructor I am with you if I see someone carrying ileagally I would be the first to turn them in. Don't need any idiots carrying when or where they should not be carrying.

NHAKK, I guess that you don't shop much. I know lots of folks that carry in Walmart and other stores. Did you notice that at one time Walmart had a sign, "No Fireams Allowed." Know why then took it down. A gentleman here in Albuquerque, New Mexico saved one of there employees life when her ex-husband was stabbing her to death. Lawyers told Walmart they had to protect their customers and employees, so it was easier to take the signs down and cost effective to let those that have legally the right to carry concealed shop in their stores.

Know what areas that have signs that say "No Firearms Allowed" are called. Target rich envirorments. Notice that when Joe Dirtbag is shooting people who can protect themselves that at the fist sign of resistance good ole Joe turns the gun on himself or runs away. Ever wonder why?

Another thing that you need to think of is that a firearm is the only thing that makes all people equal. A 98 pound woman is on even par with a 250 pound man. So I guess that you would say that the woman found raped and strangled in an alley is morally superior to the still alive lady explaining to the police and her family how Joe Dirtbag ended up with several holes in his chest when he tried to rape and kill her.

The 2 Amendment is the only thing that keeps the other 9 Amendments from being meaningless along with the rest of the Constitution of the United States. So I guess that you can keep your Change and Hope and I will keep my guns and bullets.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica View Post
Tbug, as a certified instructor I am with you if I see someone carrying ileagally I would be the first to turn them in. Don't need any idiots carrying when or where they should not be carrying.

NHAKK, I guess that you don't shop much. I know lots of folks that carry in Walmart and other stores. Did you notice that at one time Walmart had a sign, "No Fireams Allowed." Know why then took it down. A gentleman here in Albuquerque, New Mexico saved one of there employees life when her ex-husband was stabbing her to death. Lawyers told Walmart they had to protect their customers and employees, so it was easier to take the signs down and cost effective to let those that have legally the right to carry concealed shop in their stores.

Know what areas that have signs that say "No Firearms Allowed" are called. Target rich envirorments. Notice that when Joe Dirtbag is shooting people who can protect themselves that at the fist sign of resistance good ole Joe turns the gun on himself or runs away. Ever wonder why?

Another thing that you need to think of is that a firearm is the only thing that makes all people equal. A 98 pound woman is on even par with a 250 pound man. So I guess that you would say that the woman found raped and strangled in an alley is morally superior to the still alive lady explaining to the police and her family how Joe Dirtbag ended up with several holes in his chest when he tried to rape and kill her.

The 2 Amendment is the only thing that keeps the other 9 Amendments from being meaningless along with the rest of the Constitution of the United States. So I guess that you can keep your Change and Hope and I will keep my guns and bullets.
Just curious - does your user name (Figmo Bohica) go along with your hand gun avatar?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=figmo

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bohica

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:12 PM
n/a

?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.