What is US strategy?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-16-2015, 02:24 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default What is US strategy?

I hear this from conservatives, which I am one, all the time. I am very troubled by how our "leaders" address this. We have an enemy that is planning very quietly and secretly how to do as much damage to us as possible with very limited resourses. At a time when our leaders should be putting aside their Dem/Rep ideals and working together they instead are running to any TV camera or microphone they can find and spilling their guts out as to why the other party does not know what they are doing. This ISIS seems to be able to protect their leader and even the guy doing the beheadings using their approach. We also have a long line of ex-military officers on TV daily trying to convince us what we are doing is all wrong. This open debate is just plain wrong when we have soldiers in the field fighting.
  #2  
Old 02-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I hear this from conservatives, which I am one, all the time. I am very troubled by how our "leaders" address this. We have an enemy that is planning very quietly and secretly how to do as much damage to us as possible with very limited resourses. At a time when our leaders should be putting aside their Dem/Rep ideals and working together they instead are running to any TV camera or microphone they can find and spilling their guts out as to why the other party does not know what they are doing. This ISIS seems to be able to protect their leader and even the guy doing the beheadings using their approach. We also have a long line of ex-military officers on TV daily trying to convince us what we are doing is all wrong. This open debate is just plain wrong when we have soldiers in the field fighting.
I share your concerns and agree we have no discernible strategy other than to issue platitudinous verbal statements about how much we deplore "random violence" blah blah.

But, I see no issue with former military talking about this topic. They aren't going to spill any serious (ie classified) beans and how else will we encourage the Jokester in Chief to get off his duff and come up with something ... although I really don't think he wants to "win" in a military sense ...just wants to deflect the heat and temporize etc
  #3  
Old 02-16-2015, 03:41 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I hear this from conservatives, which I am one, all the time. I am very troubled by how our "leaders" address this. We have an enemy that is planning very quietly and secretly how to do as much damage to us as possible with very limited resourses. At a time when our leaders should be putting aside their Dem/Rep ideals and working together they instead are running to any TV camera or microphone they can find and spilling their guts out as to why the other party does not know what they are doing. This ISIS seems to be able to protect their leader and even the guy doing the beheadings using their approach. We also have a long line of ex-military officers on TV daily trying to convince us what we are doing is all wrong. This open debate is just plain wrong when we have soldiers in the field fighting.
I believe I understand what you say.

Example....we are discussing an AUMF that supplies cut off dates, how we will use or not use ground forces. Should this pass, we are stuck. If we give the President he can control an open AUMF which I think he needs.

Why does he not want that ?? For political races is my belief. If I am wrong, someone correct me.
  #4  
Old 02-16-2015, 03:58 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I believe I understand what you say.

Example....we are discussing an AUMF that supplies cut off dates, how we will use or not use ground forces. Should this pass, we are stuck. If we give the President he can control an open AUMF which I think he needs.

Why does he not want that ?? For political races is my belief. If I am wrong, someone correct me.
Obama is easy to figure. He will ONLY do something that has a political gain....legal or illegal has no bearing.

He will do nothing that has an ounce of political risk......to him personally.

He will not make a commitment.

Unlike the King of Jordan he will not take the lead.

The above are just a few well known markers of Obama.
  #5  
Old 02-17-2015, 11:27 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Obama is easy to figure. He will ONLY do something that has a political gain....legal or illegal has no bearing.

He will do nothing that has an ounce of political risk......to him personally.

He will not make a commitment.

Unlike the King of Jordan he will not take the lead.

The above are just a few well known markers of Obama.
I think you give Obama too much credit. We have 535 additional "leaders" who are refusing to put the country ahead of their political careers and we will put them back into office next time they are up.
  #6  
Old 02-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I think you give Obama too much credit. We have 535 additional "leaders" who are refusing to put the country ahead of their political careers and we will put them back into office next time they are up.
I wouldn't disagree with that BUT Obama, unfortunately, is the "Commander in Chief" ... a title he disrespects and is obviously incapable of filling. When push comes to shove, our security is in his hands.

Wow ... are we screwed.

I will give him credit for one thing ... he's really good at saying he deplores things (like heads being chopped off, burned in a cage etc). I'm sure that strikes cold fear in the hearts of ISIS leadership.
  #7  
Old 02-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In case some haven't notice Obama spend more time focusing on "course management then he does his presidential responsibilities.

I have seen this sort of behavior before in the corporate world. An individual reaches for senior management level not to become an effective leader for the company brand but because of the perks. they spent more time refining those sort of things then strategic planning.

What is worse our leaders apparently never heard the term "loose lips sink ships" I am literally taken aback when I read articles about recent advanced aircraft where they are being built by whom for what etc etc

Our national government is becoming just plain stupid
  #8  
Old 02-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
In case some haven't notice Obama spend more time focusing on "course management then he does his presidential responsibilities.

I have seen this sort of behavior before in the corporate world. An individual reaches for senior management level not to become an effective leader for the company brand but because of the perks. they spent more time refining those sort of things then strategic planning.

What is worse our leaders apparently never heard the term "loose lips sink ships" I am literally taken aback when I read articles about recent advanced aircraft where they are being built by whom for what etc etc

Our national government is becoming just plain stupid
In all fairness, we don't know what we don't know... I don't believe anyone is going to outline a strategy that could be used against us.

Everyone is complaining about not knowing, but there's likely a good reason you don't know.
  #9  
Old 02-17-2015, 06:52 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I share your concerns and agree we have no discernible strategy other than to issue platitudinous verbal statements about how much we deplore "random violence" blah blah.

But, I see no issue with former military talking about this topic. They aren't going to spill any serious (ie classified) beans and how else will we encourage the Jokester in Chief to get off his duff and come up with something ... although I really don't think he wants to "win" in a military sense ...just wants to deflect the heat and temporize etc
  #10  
Old 02-17-2015, 06:55 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
In all fairness, we don't know what we don't know... I don't believe anyone is going to outline a strategy that could be used against us.

Everyone is complaining about not knowing, but there's likely a good reason you don't know.
I wish this were true, but if there is a strategy is sure as hell isn't working so they might want to go back to the drawing board.
  #11  
Old 02-17-2015, 06:55 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Obama is easy to figure.

…….


He will not make a commitment.


…….
Now, now… in all fairness he's made quite a commitment to his golf game!
  #12  
Old 02-17-2015, 07:43 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
In all fairness, we don't know what we don't know... I don't believe anyone is going to outline a strategy that could be used against us.

Everyone is complaining about not knowing, but there's likely a good reason you don't know.
No offense, but I think that is kind of like believing in the Tooth Fairy ...

Besides, the strategy per se should be open and public ... the details of implementing it would be classified.

President Reagan was asked his strategy for the Cold War ... he said "we win, they lose"

The strategy here for ISIS is simple conceptually ... the US pledges to eradicate ISIS from the face of the earth, now matter where we have to go or what we have to do to achieve it.
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.