Whats wrong with this picture

Old 05-28-2011, 09:22 PM
n/a

Not to argue with you, Talk Host, but my home in Glenbrook was built in
2002. That would have been pretty hard to do if Glenbrook Village was a dirt field in 2003. Maybe you just have your dates mixed up.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:41 PM
n/a

Default Obama signed Stimulus Bill in Denver, at "by invitation only" event

Maybe Democrats condemning the procedures at this event in TV should question this, linked below. Seems to be the same thing from what I can see.

www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11726570
Old 05-29-2011, 06:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Maybe Democrats condemning the procedures at this event in TV should question this, linked below. Seems to be the same thing from what I can see.

www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11726570
I looked all through this story and I couldn't see where it said the president "leased" private property for this signing. I think it said it was at a museum. Did I miss something?
Old 05-29-2011, 06:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Not to argue with you, Talk Host, but my home in Glenbrook was built in
2002. That would have been pretty hard to do if Glenbrook Village was a dirt field in 2003. Maybe you just have your dates mixed up.
I made a mistake.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:01 AM
n/a

Well my life is enhanced. I have a uy in the white House and a guy in the Governor's mansion neither of whom I like or voted for and who continue to hog sound waves at every opportunity. Its enough to make me yearn to be a trappist monk.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Well my life is enhanced. I have a uy in the white House and a guy in the Governor's mansion neither of whom I like or voted for and who continue to hog sound waves at every opportunity. Its enough to make me yearn to be a trappist monk.
Do trappist monks take a vow of silence? Go for it!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 11:27 AM
n/a

There are a few of (us) that should try that vow of silence more than what we do.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Well, guys, at least we know what happens at any political event unlike Talk Host or Nittak.
I never posted on this thread - and if you are going to talk about me, get my name right!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
There are a few of (us) that should try that vow of silence more than what we do.
Agree totally.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:24 PM
n/a

Gosh, Nitakk, sorry that I spelled your name wrong. Got it close, though.

However as to you not posting to this thread - another post that was on the same subject and was actually moved from General Discussion to Political Discussion - you did post and it went something like:

"According to the latest Quinnipiac poll, Scott's approval rating is down to only 29% so I guess he decided to come to about the only place in Florida that still likes him. He couldn't have just signed that piece of crap in his office and saved we taxpayers a bit of that precious money? The only reason to move the people who protested was because of the news coverage of the event - we can't have any dissention in TV, can we?"

Once again, I have to say, if you were not there in person to actually see what went on firsthand, believe those who were there. Do not rely on a piece of tripe written by a biased columnist or from an upset protester who got moved 100 feet away.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:40 PM
n/a

Talking

Quote:
KatzPajamas and others -

In order to know what went on here with Rick Scott signing his budget at The Villages - you actually have to be here. If you read the slanderous column in the Orlando Sentinel, you will think that The Villages is filled with greedy old people who do not give a hoot about kids or education. Nothing is further from the truth. Most of our civic groups volunteer a lot of time and donate a boatload of money to schools, youth organizations and functions, food banks, etc.

Secondly, any protesters were asked to move about 100 feet across the street from the town square. It was not far. They could still see and hear just fine.

I do not know if you are seasonal residents, potential Villagers, or just interested in this forum - but to be fully informed - you have to see something firsthand in order to draw the proper conclusion.

Richie, Thanks! Took me awhile to find this thread again. We are not residents, but are visiting in the fall to decide if The Villages will become our new home. We have been researching and learning as much about the place as possible in the last year, and what you say about the generosity towards youth, schools, etc, sounds more like the place and people that we have surmised The Villages and Villagers to be.
I am old enough to know how the media can portray things quite differently than they truly are. So to even ask the question...duh, what was i thinking. Maybe I should change my name to PollyAnna?!?
btw-did you leave me a private message? If so, it did not show up.
Thanks again.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.