When Will We Feel Pain

Old 12-15-2017, 09:10 PM
n/a

Default When Will We Feel Pain

Congress is on the edge of approving a large tax cut that in the opinions of many, including myself, will not result is large wage increases and a return of $30 an hour manufacturing jobs as 52 republican senators promise. The initial revenue neutral idea made sense but our leaders realized you could not lower corporate taxes without raising them somewhere else. The decision ahead of the mid term elections was then to add something for everyone. When does this uncontrolled spending by our government start causing pain. US bond rating is still great but how can that be with no mathematical way to pay back the debt? Before anyone tries to answer this please don’t blame blacks or Mexicans as the don’t approve any spending I am aware of.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Congress is on the edge of approving a large tax cut that in the opinions of many, including myself, will not result is large wage increases and a return of $30 an hour manufacturing jobs as 52 republican senators promise. The initial revenue neutral idea made sense but our leaders realized you could not lower corporate taxes without raising them somewhere else. The decision ahead of the mid term elections was then to add something for everyone. When does this uncontrolled spending by our government start causing pain. US bond rating is still great but how can that be with no mathematical way to pay back the debt? Before anyone tries to answer this please don’t blame blacks or Mexicans as the don’t approve any spending I am aware of.
It'll never come back...we can't pay for the promises made to those BEFORE the jobs moved.

Bullsh!t...STOP believing their lies...they already spend over a $ trillion more than they bring in.

I don't know...are you feeling pain with interest rates below 1%? They're that low ONLY so the government can pay the "minimum" interest payment.

You're right...it'll NEVER be paid back...EVERY man woman and child "owes" over $60,000 each...and it's been going up over $3,000 EVERY year. HOW long CAN it go on? NOT forever that's for sure.

They approve it at the local and state level when THEY are the majority in many cities and some states. They WILL soon be the majority of the country and then they WILL approve the spending. We spend over a $ trillion each year on the poor who ARE mostly blacks and mexicans. THEY are the new majority...we SHOULD blame them. America falls as their numbers rise. This isn't the first time this has happened.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:59 AM
n/a

I'd say wait and see. Analysts have been wrong about so many things lately. I don't think that we'll feel any pain. If anything, at the very least, this will making filling out our tax returns a lot easier.

But I don't believe that anything will change dramatically unless the income tax is eliminated and The Fair Tax is instituted. This is the only thing that will change anything for the citizens of The United States. As long as the IRS exists, Congress remains too powerful.

Pass the FAIRtax | FAIRtax
Old 12-16-2017, 08:04 AM
n/a

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#1fcb60324d63

Would have to do a lot of research on this.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#1fcb60324d63

Would have to do a lot of research on this.
Instead of getting a job? BUDDY, just go to McDonald's for a job, Skype is too hard for interviews, even For a man with multiple degrees.

Graciegirl can perhaps get you an interview there. Ask her on Facebook.... nevermind she blocked you.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'd say wait and see. Analysts have been wrong about so many things lately. I don't think that we'll feel any pain. If anything, at the very least, this will making filling out our tax returns a lot easier.

But I don't believe that anything will change dramatically unless the income tax is eliminated and The Fair Tax is instituted. This is the only thing that will change anything for the citizens of The United States. As long as the IRS exists, Congress remains too powerful.

The fair tax is a scam too. It kills the poor. Adding 15% to the cost of EVERYTHING is NOT the way to do it. UNEARNED income must be the thing taxed IF you are going to tax people.

Let me you in on a secret...EVERY tax a corporation pays...YOU paid it...when you bought their product. EVERY cost they incur...is priced into that product.

Why do you think Chinese crap is so cheap? No "cost of manufacture" expenses. Low wages AND low taxes.

I bought an adapter the other day on Ebay...it was $1.47 with free shipping. It's coming from China. The TAX would have been more than that here in the US where they cost around $10-20.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:28 AM
n/a

Anybody out there really understand this bill ? Example married filing joint was $12600 standard deduction plus $8000 ($4K each) exemption for a total deduction of $20600. Yesterday's bill I believe ups the standard deduction to $24000 and removes the personal exemptions thus a +$3400 increased net deduction. Also looks like the tax tables will slightly decreases thus looks like a gain for a normal moderate income retiree. However what is the proposal for counting Social Security income. It's a graduated scale today. Low to moderate incomes get only around half of that counted as income (1040 line 20 A). If they are removing that the net will be moderate retirees will be paying more income taxes after this cut. I did a rough calculation on a case around $70K ($35K SS and $35K other income). If the SS deduction is taken away the taxes will increase more than $1000. Where are the facts ?
Old 12-17-2017, 01:33 AM
n/a

Quote:

Are you saying there is no downside? If that is the case why not eliminate all taxes and just print money?
Old 12-17-2017, 01:49 AM
n/a

Quote:

Is this more touch-feely Femo crap?

Meanwhile, for those still capable of reasoned argument (not the personal attack of upset female) here is the crux of the problem, legally:

The Structure Of Politics: Type 1 vs. Type 2 laws

Femo-Fascism 101

The corporate income tax is basically a giant SALES TAX, stupidly discussed ...

Anyone who debates tax details does not understand DOUBLE TAXATION OF INCOME.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:29 AM
n/a

The tax bill is being refined to satisfy the egos of every republican representative and so what should be is going to be modified to what has to be .

In that I ignore what's in the papers and will do so until a bill is passed signed and delivered because right now its speculation and all noise

consider, the GAO has always been lousy at prediction. All one has do is look back at Obamacare predictions.

Its abundantly clear that corporations and all small businesses have to be given better tax rates less regulations ,etc because they are the ones producing jobs.

As to manufacturing jobs can we really ever go back? So many industries have a global presence that we clearly are not looking at 1950-60's style manufacturing jobs. Add to that technology and add to that the numerous technical skills lost along the way. Workers possessing trade skills are a premium in this nation today.

Some are obsessed about taxing the rich more. The rich will always create ways to escape their tax responsibilities.

Beside even if you could, taxing the rich more does not really put more money in the average Joe's pocket. Politician like to sell that trope but in reality it just isn't so

Budgets have been and are so overstated that a claim of a tax cut really doesn't pan out to the stated claim. Essentially it is all smoke and mirrors

Spending is the really big issue and spending is what drives the need for taxes but have you noticed there is never much talk about responsible spending.

And spending is a result of well defined goals, priorities and objectives. Presently we have half of Congress not even participating and too many folks obsessed over Trump the man vis a vis Trump the President and hence not a healthy climate.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 12-17-2017, 06:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
Are you saying there is no downside? If that is the case why not eliminate all taxes and just print money?
They're WELL on their way...they spend 1/4 of the budget...over a $ trillion more than they take in. They print with abandon already.

Over $20 trillion so far...printed without tax money to pay for it.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
The tax bill is being refined to satisfy the egos of every republican representative and so what should be is going to be modified to what has to be .

In that I ignore what's in the papers and will do so until a bill is passed signed and delivered because right now its speculation and all noise

consider, the GAO has always been lousy at prediction. All one has do is look back at Obamacare predictions.

Its abundantly clear that corporations and all small businesses have to be given better tax rates less regulations ,etc because they are the ones producing jobs.

As to manufacturing jobs can we really ever go back? So many industries have a global presence that we clearly are not looking at 1950-60's style manufacturing jobs. Add to that technology and add to that the numerous technical skills lost along the way. Workers possessing trade skills are a premium in this nation today.

Some are obsessed about taxing the rich more. The rich will always create ways to escape their tax responsibilities.

Beside even if you could, taxing the rich more does not really put more money in the average Joe's pocket. Politician like to sell that trope but in reality it just isn't so

Budgets have been and are so overstated that a claim of a tax cut really doesn't pan out to the stated claim. Essentially it is all smoke and mirrors

Spending is the really big issue and spending is what drives the need for taxes but have you noticed there is never much talk about responsible spending.

And spending is a result of well defined goals, priorities and objectives. Presently we have half of Congress not even participating and too many folks obsessed over Trump the man vis a vis Trump the President and hence not a healthy climate.

Personal Best Regards:
You make some valid points but no constructive suggestions for resolving. Your post implies you are one of the majority pointing at the other side, whomever that is. Therefore you are locked into the status quo as is the country, except both side fully support deficiet spending. IMO
Old 12-18-2017, 09:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'm not sure what your question is. No downside to what? The tax bill or The Fair Tax.

The only downside that I see to passing the current tax bill is that revenues to the government will increase and Congress will overspend just like they always have.

The jury is still out on whether the tax bill will add to the debt so there's no point in even discussing that. Studies and polls have been wrong about so much recently that they really should be ignored. Most start out with an agenda and questions are asked and information input to support a specific conclusion.

Government spending is what causes deficits. There is simply way too much pork spending. We also have the federal government involved in too many areas that our founders never intended it be in control of.

We don't have an income problem, we have a spending problem. And most of the spending is done with an eye toward being re-elected and/or keeping a particular party in power. Don't be fooled by believing that people in Congress have the best interest of the American people in mind. They are interested in taking as much money as possible from us so that they can take credit for giving it back. It's all a big game.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'm not sure what your question is. No downside to what? The tax bill or The Fair Tax.

The only downside that I see to passing the current tax bill is that revenues to the government will increase and Congress will overspend just like they always have.

The jury is still out on whether the tax bill will add to the debt so there's no point in even discussing that. Studies and polls have been wrong about so much recently that they really should be ignored. Most start out with an agenda and questions are asked and information input to support a specific conclusion.

Government spending is what causes deficits. There is simply way too much pork spending. We also have the federal government involved in too many areas that our founders never intended it be in control of.

We don't have an income problem, we have a spending problem. And most of the spending is done with an eye toward being re-elected and/or keeping a particular party in power. Don't be fooled by believing that people in Congress have the best interest of the American people in mind. They are interested in taking as much money as possible from us so that they can take credit for giving it back. It's all a big game.
Yes it is Jim...and the taxpayers get stuck with the check. Over $3,000 a year for EVERY man woman and child.

The ultra wealthy have taken over $20 trillion so far...and left US with the bills. We work...they profit.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:14 PM
n/a

Quote:

You can tell your children and grandchildren the jury is still out on whether tax cut will add to their debt but please don’t tell me that. That is one dumb jury if that is the case. Again Republicans are getting ready to pass a giant tax giveaway and will very soon after approve a even bigger spending bill that also will get pass down to your children and grandchildren, assuming you have them. If you don’t have children I understand your position and have no quarrel with you.

Tags
large, spending, pain, don’t, government

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.