Where does the leadership of ISIS come from?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-26-2016, 12:30 PM
n/a

Default Where does the leadership of ISIS come from?

Unlike many Islamic State commanders, Qaduli came from Osama bin Ladenís al Qaeda rather than the dissolved Baath party of Saddam Hussein, who was toppled by a U.S.-led invasion in 2003.

He was arrested several times under Saddam because of his extremist religions opinions and went to Afghanistan in 1998, where he met bin Laden, Hashimi said.

Bin Laden wanted him to take over command of the groupís Iraq franchise in 2010. But Baghdadi, already settled in as the local commander, turned against al Qaeda in 2013 and declared himself caliph a year later, winning the backing of Qaduli, Hashimi said.

Apparently from Hussein's Baath Party which dissolved when the US attack Iraq.

Islamic State Dealt Hefty Body Blow With Death Of Top Aide: Officials

Old 03-26-2016, 12:34 PM
n/a

Here another source:

http://theweek.com/articles/589924/brief-history-isis

Where did they come from?

ISIS was born out of the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003. When U.S. administrators, under Paul Bremer, decided to "de-Baathify" the Iraqi civil and military services, hundreds of thousands of Sunnis formerly loyal to Saddam Hussein were left without a job ó and they were mad. Al Qaeda chose to capitalize on their anger and established al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) to wage an insurgency against U.S. troops in Iraq (Saddam was secular, but his intelligence and military supporters were able to make common cause with the jihadis of al Qaeda).
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2016, 02:04 PM
n/a

I read your links. Most of the threads take the form of a debate. Is there a debate here that I missed?
Old 03-26-2016, 05:13 PM
n/a

This an interesting subject.
The following article discusses a shift in policy fighting ISIS/ISIL by increasing military operations. They lost Qaduli. They said that before they were asking their soldiers to come home and fight and now that are asking them to stay put and create terror where they are. We may see more operations like the one in Brussels. They felt was are making progress.

Raid that killed an Islamic State leader marks a shift in U.S. strategy - LA Times
Old 03-27-2016, 07:13 AM
n/a

It's too little, too late. Obama's policies are only half-@ss. He does not listen to military advisors on how to fight this scum. His ego is such that he thinks he knows everything. He is a paper tiger.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:21 AM
n/a

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Bakr_al-Baghdadi

I do not see the supposed leader of ISIS as having much of a connection to past wars in Iraq. He looks like a bloodthirsty religious zealot modeling himself on some medieval Muslim warrior.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest;120***8
I read your links. Most of the threads take the form of a debate. Is there a debate here that I missed?
I would say yes because posters here blame everything on Obama. Mainly, I think, because he called them ISIL instead of ISIS and because the right wing believes him to be Muslim.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/coded...-instead-isis/

Limbaugh EXPOSES Why Obama Says "ISIL" Instead Of "ISIS" - Shocking!

What Is ISIL? Why President Obama Won't Call The Islamic State 'ISIS'
Old 03-27-2016, 09:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It's too little, too late. Obama's policies are only half-@ss. He does not listen to military advisors on how to fight this scum. His ego is such that he thinks he knows everything. He is a paper tiger.
The American public at large does not want ground troops in the region. End of story.

Bomb them as much as you want but no boots on the ground unless the draft is re-enstated so we all share the risks and the loss.

I have one nephew leaving for Afghanistan this fall. His brother has 5 tours in the region and the Purple Heart.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
I would say yes because posters here blame everything on Obama. Mainly, I think, because he called them ISIL instead of ISIS and because the right wing believes him to be Muslim.

The Coded Message Obama Delivers When He Says ISIL Instead Of ISIS

Limbaugh EXPOSES Why Obama Says "ISIL" Instead Of "ISIS" - Shocking!

What Is ISIL? Why President Obama Won't Call The Islamic State 'ISIS'
ISIS and ISIL are acronyms. Do you know what word each letter stands for? This should be easy for you.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Technically, Obama IS a Muslim from birth. Whether he is a practicing Muslim or not does not change the fact that if his father was Muslim then he is Muslim. If a mother is Jewish, then the child is born Jewish. You can't change that, no matter how you try to argue it. So, yes Obama is Muslim. Live with it. You are just upset because you think you might have made a mistake by voting for him. He has been a failure and an embarrassment, so I can't blame you for that.

Tags
bin, baath, dissolved, iraq, party, saddam, hashimi, qaeda, qaduli, laden, baghdadi, settled, wanted, groupís, franchise, command, husseins, apparently, backing, attack, winning, turned, commander, local, declared