Who Are The Conservatives?

Old 05-15-2011, 03:56 PM
n/a

Default Who Are The conservatives

I agree with VK's opening...I will not define myself with one word terms because people and the issues that matter are too complex. I will read, listen and evaluate and when it is time to vote I will vote for the individual I believe best serves "we the people" The only certainty I have now is that Obama never was and never could be that person. In fact he diminshes America.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:48 PM
n/a

Default Interesting that the Villages allows

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
i am not familiar with herman cain but have heard many good things about him...he is speaking i believe at mulberry grove on thursday, may 19 but not sure of ticket information...just FYI
all these conservatives to speak here, yet never do we have the opportunity to hear a candidate from the other side. Even if you disagree with a candidate, it is nice to be able to listen to other viewpoints.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:11 PM
n/a

Default None of the usual ones

We need Alan West, Herman Cain, or Chris Christie. Straight-talking men with brains, guts and INTEGRITY.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
all these conservatives to speak here, yet never do we have the opportunity to hear a candidate from the other side. Even if you disagree with a candidate, it is nice to be able to listen to other viewpoints.
It looks like weakness in local Democratic party leadership. They are the ones who should bring them to speak.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
It looks like weakness in local Democratic party leadership. They are the ones who should bring them to speak.
I'm guessing that you don't know that the Republican Leadership has little to NOTHING to do with all of the Conservative speakers. It's the developer with the deep pockets that bring them here. I heard Beck and O'Reily joking about it on O'Reily's show when he was trying to figure out what Beck was going to do after Fox fired him. Beck said he was aware of the woman to man ratio in The Villages.

Xavier
Old 05-15-2011, 06:30 PM
n/a

Default The Rule Of Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
...i like bloomberg personally but i did not think he did anything to prevent the mosque being built so close to ground zero, in fact he endorsed it....
I don't know ChaCha, I don't recall that he endorsed the planned construction of the mosque. I recall that he did endorse the laws and regulations of the State and City of New York. I recall him saying that he thought it wouldn't be wise for the developer to build a Muslim cultural center and mosque that close to the scene of 9-11. But he said that the laws and zoning would permit such a project and that he didn't think the property owner should be subjected to limitations not in the law just because of a religious affiliation.

Heck, Michael Bloomberg is a Jew...why would he defend Muslims other than being consistent with his role as the chief executive of NYC and one with primary responsibility for upholding its laws and regulations?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:37 PM
n/a

Default Nobody Would Qualify

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
...Lawyers, career politicians, wealthy & extremely wealthy or incumbents are not good candidates for America!!...
Holy cats! If we eliminated all those categories, would any of those who ran for President in the last half-dozen or so elections have run?

I'm trying to think but I think every single candidate--those that got the nomination as well as those who didn't--all fell into one of those categories or in several cases more than one. I don't think even one of the current group who have been mentioned as possible candidates for the GOP would pass your screen.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:17 PM
n/a

Default FYI - Gingrich was born in

GERMANY!!!....Isn't that a hoooot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
Mr. Kahuna

First, all presidential candidates must have a valid birth certificate. I feel so much better that Trump proved Obama is a valid President.

Secondly, Newt has the experience to be in the oval office but his personal life is a train wreck. But hey, the conservatives will understand and forgive his flaws if they think he has a chance to win.

Thirdly, I may vote for Obama knowing that he is a valid certified American, thanks to Trumps investigation.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
FYI, Gingrich was born in GERMANY!!!....Isn't that a hoooot!
Where did you come up with that one? Since when is Harristown Pennsylvania in Germany. I'm pretty sure is just west of New Jersey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich
Old 05-16-2011, 02:58 AM
n/a

Default ooops!

I was sure that they said that on the tube last night.....Should have done my research!....Both of us were watching some show on tube, wish I could remember, and we could not believe what we heard, "How could that be, Speaker of the House"....Bad bad bad, should have checked this out, must have had brain fart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Where did you come up with that one? Since when is Harristown Pennsylvania in Germany. I'm pretty sure is just west of New Jersey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich
Old 05-16-2011, 09:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I was sure that they said that on the tube last night.....Should have done my research!....Both of us were watching some show on tube, wish I could remember, and we could not believe what we heard, "How could that be, Speaker of the House"....Bad bad bad, should have checked this out, must have had brain fart!
Happens to the best of us.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.