Boeing Loses Contract to Airbus

Old 03-06-2008, 03:39 PM
n/a

Default Boeing Loses Contract to Airbus

There are a lot of details involved fairly well covered in this morning's Sun.
However the one aspect that impressed me was the French said getting the contract was all about new jobs and employment for it's people. On the other hand Boeing asserts the bid had nothing to do with jobs, bur getting the order to maintain it's production schedule....INSTEAD...of offering their new Dreamliner (tanker version)....and oh by the way the Pentagon told Boeing they did not want the same old tanker...they wanted the new technology and capability...Boeing ignored that request.
Now that they have lost the contract. Boeing is protesting that he French have created an un level playing field as the French government, concerned about jobs, subsidized the program.
I understand the free enterprise concept, however, Boeing screwed up by putting the needs of the company ahead of the needs of the customer. And since there are usually not many secrets in the bidding for huge government jobs, both Boeing and the Pentagon would have known what they were up against......
Why does it sound to me the French did it right....offered a 7 year newer technology that the customer wanted and did good for the people and it's economy?
I would say level the playing field by doing what the French did.
Shame on Boeing....shame on the Pentagon (they could have influenced the outcome....legally and fairly).

This is one example of the opportunities this country has to reclaim it's world wide top position as a Super Power....helping the military....helping the economy.

This is what the candidates should be paying attention to.

There I feel better already..... ;D

BTK
Old 03-06-2008, 03:56 PM
n/a

Default Re: Boeing Loses Contract to Airbus

Again, Billie, great post and I agree with you 100%.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.