Rinos broke their PLEDGE to

Old 04-09-2011, 12:14 AM
n/a

Default Rinos broke their PLEDGE to

Rinos tonight broke our hearts and their PLEDGE to America.
Cant wait for next primary season to hire a new team.
JJ
A tea party supporter.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:13 AM
n/a

Default Business as usual!!!

What have they accomplished?
They are in a vehicle speeding toward a wall at supersonic speed and they feel good about reducing the speed a couple of miles per hour.
And now they are all puffed up cow towing the historic event they just defined.
They are shouting to we the people that ....THEY JUST DO NOT GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!

btk
Old 04-09-2011, 08:52 AM
n/a

Jim,

You have your viewpoints about the teaparty and you seem to fully support them. They are just too conservative for me in most of their beliefs.

I prefer some more liberal social policies but not on the radical end, by any means. If it cost a bit more in tax, we should be willing to pay.

The ultra-conservative idea of outlawing abortion is one that just irks me to no end. A lot of conservatives have said they may be against abortion personally, but it is still a personal choice for each woman herself. This should not be a political issue at all.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
but it is still a personal choice for each woman herself
Too bad the baby doesn't have a choice before it's killed.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:13 AM
n/a

Default Interesting that we agree on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Jim,

You have your viewpoints about the teaparty and you seem to fully support them. They are just too conservative for me in most of their beliefs.

I prefer some more liberal social policies but not on the radical end, by any means. If it cost a bit more in tax, we should be willing to pay.

The ultra-conservative idea of outlawing abortion is one that just irks me to no end. A lot of conservatives have said they may be against abortion personally, but it is still a personal choice for each woman herself. This should not be a political issue at all.
Interesting that one thing we do agree on this:
If you want ANYTHING, you should be willing to raise taxes or reduce some other program to pay for it. This is exactly how we got into this program. Both parties over the years have just found it easier to borrow to pay for wars, and programs. I think we can agree that should be stopped, right?

I prefer to avoid social issues but here is my position and the position of most tea party people I think.
Social issues should not be decided by the Federal Government. The Constitution is specifically designed to leave those decisions to the States. That is where they belong. If that means abortion is legal in California, but not in Montana, that is democratic republic government.
JJ
Old 04-09-2011, 11:54 AM
n/a

Lassen,
It is not a baby until born or until able to sustain itself (breathing) outside the mother's body. Once again, it is the mother's choice.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Lassen,
It is not a baby until born or until able to sustain itself (breathing) outside the mother's body. Once again, it is the mother's choice.
Opinions differ widely on when a fetus becomes a baby. I disagree with your idea of when life begins. When a baby's heart starts to beat, is that not a life?
Old 04-09-2011, 01:17 PM
n/a

Barefoot -

No, it isn't. It is a baby when born or when it can sustain itself by breathing outside the mother's body. Once again, it is a choice to be made individually by each woman. This should not be a political issue but a personal choice to be made individually by each woman. No coersion should be made either way to influence the mother on her choice. This coersion includes the ridiculous Florida rule that says a mother must have an ultra-sound before an abortion and listen to the results.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
No, it isn't. It is a baby when born or when it can sustain itself by breathing outside the mother's body. Once again, it is a choice to be made individually by each woman.
Talk about extreme, brutal and cold.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:26 PM
n/a

Default Things We DO Agree On

While we may differ on the Right To Life/Women's Rights issue, I think one thing is for sure...we all should now realize that it makes little difference on which party is in the majority in the Congress. The people elected, even the new ones, are far more interested in their own re-election and satisfying the needs of those who finance them, than they are in responsibly governing this country.

Personally, I think there's a place for honest debate and legislation on Right To Life/Women's rights in either Washington or in the states. But I emphatically disagree that an argument over such an issue, justified because a miniscule amount of the federal budget is spent on it, should be used to hold up and confuse desperately needed discussion, debate and votes on the broken fiscal policies of the country.

It's like an argument over whether they're out of pretzels when the plane is spiraling out of control, headed for a crash.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Barefoot -

No, it isn't. It is a baby when born or when it can sustain itself by breathing outside the mother's body. Once again, it is a choice to be made individually by each woman. This should not be a political issue but a personal choice to be made individually by each woman. No coersion should be made either way to influence the mother on her choice. This coersion includes the ridiculous Florida rule that says a mother must have an ultra-sound before an abortion and listen to the results.
I've often wondered; Why?, when we all have come to accept that life ends with the cessation of brainwave activity, that we don't all agree that life begins with the start of brainwave activity? By the way, that begins at about 40 days gestation, or about 6 weeks.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:09 PM
n/a

The "Great One", Mark Levin, discussing the deal Boehner made with Obama on the Mark Cavuto show, and calling it a "historic scam". Very Interesting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffG-0IZF4bY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Old 04-09-2011, 06:49 PM
n/a

Default RINOS Broke their Pledge

Richielion, as I recollect, there was a female columnist some years back that made the very same argument you had with the brain wave analogy. It has validity. I am against abortion primarily because it deadens the heart making us less likely to protect life creating a short leap from its just a fetus to this old fool is using up to many resources. I am especially surprised concerning logic that states its a woman's perogative. Yes it is a woman's perogative to choose between getting pregnant or not getting pregnant but to suggest that a woman has a choice once pregnant well that's just plain selfish and irresponsible, especially with the number of terminations some repeatedly by the same woman. Worse yet the government has no idea how many of the clinics have been terminating viable fetuses

As to RINO's I wrote Bohner a week into his new job and explained that I could tell by his words and actions that RINOs did not understand the people's mandate. I wrote in another thread that both parties are and both incumbents and newbies are facing a "widow maker" created by each succeeeding administration since the 1970's. I also said I believe that the only wat out of this mess is to lose the labels Democrat Republican, etc because it is not a Democrat problen nor a Republican but America's problems and unless and until we can all get past that we will continue down the same dead end alley. I am not a tea party member but I am a tea party supported. As it stands now I will vote for many of the candidate backed by the tea party
Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 PM
n/a

Default Fetus brain waves

Richie,

I just had to look further and came up with a very interesting link you might like to read.

http://eileen.250x.com/Main/Einstein/Brain_Waves.htm

Take it for what you want. I am not putting it there to argue my point. I have already stated my viewpoint as to when I believe life begins. I also believe it is only up to the mother to decide if abortion is right or not for her. It is an individual choice each must make on their own without coersion from either side.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Richie,

I just had to look further and came up with a very interesting link you might like to read.

http://eileen.250x.com/Main/Einstein/Brain_Waves.htm

Take it for what you want. I am not putting it there to argue my point. I have already stated my viewpoint as to when I believe life begins. I also believe it is only up to the mother to decide if abortion is right or not for her. It is an individual choice each must make on their own without coersion from either side.
If you read Tbugs quote (above) on brain waves, you may be interested in reading further information about Margaret Sykes.

http://www.themediareport.com/specia...aret-sykes.htm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.