Why am I starting to seriously dislike liberals?

Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
n/a

Default Why am I starting to seriously dislike liberals?

Harry Reid, democrat, liberal and other unmentionables states that being against the health care plan is akin to being for slavery. He also said that the Republicans were against freeing the slaves. The Republican party was founded for the outlawing of slavery. Who was against outlawing slavery? Southern democrats. Reid should check his history lessons.

Reid also said that when they(democrats) had nearly brought about freedom and equality that others, (read republicans) dragged their feet. Again it was Southern democrats.

Liberals lie. They lie because they have nothing to be truly proud of.

If you doubt the historical relationship between blacks and the Republican party, read this.

http://www.dradamfisher.org/legacy_ncc.asp (Cut & paste to your
browser.)

Or, for you real liberals, (C) you can just say, "well, just look at what Bush did."

Just venting

Yoda
Old 12-08-2009, 08:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Harry Reid, democrat, liberal and other unmentionables states that being against the health care plan is akin to being for slavery. He also said that the Republicans were against freeing the slaves. The Republican party was founded for the outlawing of slavery. Who was against outlawing slavery? Southern democrats. Reid should check his history lessons.

Reid also said that when they(democrats) had nearly brought about freedom and equality that others, (read republicans) dragged their feet. Again it was Southern democrats.

Liberals lie. They lie because they have nothing to be truly proud of.

If you doubt the historical relationship between blacks and the Republican party, read this.

http://www.dradamfisher.org/legacy_ncc.asp (Cut & paste to your
browser.)

Or, for you real liberals, (C) you can just say, "well, just look at what Bush did."

Just venting

Yoda

I do not dislike liberals in any way ! I abhor the liberal leadership right now
from the WH through the congress, and THEY are the ones who presently have the power and are guiding our country !
Old 12-08-2009, 09:05 AM
n/a

Let's face it, the only thing about the lies is that they're getting bigger and coming from different places, depending on the administration.

Faith that our government has been "a good thing" has been fading steadily since November 23, 1963.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:58 AM
n/a

Default And where are the supporters of these peddlars

of self indulgence? Where is either their defense of the leaderships modus operendi or a criticism of not what they (personally) represent?

Eerily silent as usual!!!!!!

btk
Old 12-23-2009, 05:42 PM
n/a

Default The undoing of the liberals in power in Washington may well

be the passage of the incorrectly named health care reform bill.
Even from within the dems are upset with each other, yet they march to the tune of the Obama drum beat....right or wrong.

As one of their own said today, let's get this bill passed regardless of what's in it or not.
The message therein would be??? I would dearly love to hear from a supporter of the dems actions? why they think the bill is any good?
The continued silence leads me to believe they too just may not be too thrilled with what they bought/brought to Washington.

Re-elect no one in 2010/2012.

btk
Old 12-24-2009, 01:04 AM
n/a

"Why I am starting to seriously dislike liberals?"

Yoda, take a minute to reconsider your statement. Please don't let your long time disagreement with "liberals" positions lead to disliking them. "Dislike" is a single polite word for: "I don't accept anything you say because of how negatively I feel about you. That's the bias that, more than any other, blocks a nation or civilization from bonding and progressing.

IMO The "loyal opposition" cannot include "dislike". And, unfortunately, the political thread here has degenerated to a regular distressing pattern; a provocative statement about what a person (eg. the President), is advocating or doing, followed by a series of personal attacks by the same half-dozen dislikers.

As long as we are polarized by dislike, incapable of compromise with those we distrust or hate, the longer it will take to do a really good job legislating for our diverse nation.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:46 AM
n/a

Default The tone is set by our representatives in Washington.

It is ONLY about self and party with room for compromise only within a party.
As much has been said this week by the media as well as select representatives in Washington about the partisan politics and the horse trading and hold out method of personal gain.....you may not "LIKE" what is going on but hat is what politics is all about.

And quoting my favorite Nancy Pelosi from an interview before becoming speaker of the house when asked how she prioritizes issues she laughingly stated that it was easy......if it is anything from the opposition I am against it.

Compromise is a part of negotiations. The farce this week in Washington called health care reform is in no way any negotiation what so ever. Within the party the dems have played the hold out game for personal gain then selling there vote when mission accomplished. That isn't negotiating and it certainly is not representing the will of the people. Garnering their 60 vote majority to shut out the opposition is not negotiating either. It is pure partisan muscle, the method Obama said he was not going to participate in when he took office (uh-huh!!). And because the partisan divide just happens to follow the liberal/conservative divide......it is not inappropriate to verbalize not liking what is being done by them (or either).

Re-elect no one in 2010/2012.

btk
Old 12-24-2009, 09:28 AM
n/a

Default My Mother

Taught me not to dislike(hate) anyone.

She taught me to ignore and stop dealing with people who want to hurt me.

Just get away from them she said, do your own thing and do it better than them.

Next November I intend to do that along with most American"s at least those who are not trying to hurt me.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
"Why I am starting to seriously dislike liberals?"

Yoda, take a minute to reconsider your statement. Please don't let your long time disagreement with "liberals" positions lead to disliking them. "Dislike" is a single polite word for: "I don't accept anything you say because of how negatively I feel about you. That's the bias that, more than any other, blocks a nation or civilization from bonding and progressing.

IMO The "loyal opposition" cannot include "dislike". And, unfortunately, the political thread here has degenerated to a regular distressing pattern; a provocative statement about what a person (eg. the President), is advocating or doing, followed by a series of personal attacks by the same half-dozen dislikers.

As long as we are polarized by dislike, incapable of compromise with those we distrust or hate, the longer it will take to do a really good job legislating for our diverse nation.
While I could go back and give you many quotes from Democrats from 2000 till last November that expressed outright...well, lets say distaste for any Republican idea or plan or politician, instead this particular part of the post bothers me....

"And, unfortunately, the political thread here has degenerated to a regular distressing pattern; a provocative statement about what a person (eg. the President), is advocating or doing, followed by a series of personal attacks by the same half-dozen dislikers."

This is supposed to be a DISCUSSION board. The fact that those who support what congress and the WH are doing remain silent should not be a condemnation of those who do not.

Those who have differing opinions have the same right to post as others....they CHOOSE not to have their voice heard. The words we hear is about "personal attacks"...that is patently absurd and without keeping score I believe the "attacks" are shared evenly. Having said that....

I am not sure of the word to use to describe anyone who would come on here and LECTURE those who post their feelings......if you dont agree, make your point post it and see what develops, but coming here criticizing someone because of how they feel and then taking down anyone who posts here is somehow very wrong !
Old 12-24-2009, 11:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
While I could go back and give you many quotes from Democrats from 2000 till last November that expressed outright...well, lets say distaste for any Republican idea or plan or politician, instead this particular part of the post bothers me....

"And, unfortunately, the political thread here has degenerated to a regular distressing pattern; a provocative statement about what a person (eg. the President), is advocating or doing, followed by a series of personal attacks by the same half-dozen dislikers."

This is supposed to be a DISCUSSION board. The fact that those who support what congress and the WH are doing remain silent should not be a condemnation of those who do not.

Those who have differing opinions have the same right to post as others....they CHOOSE not to have their voice heard. The words we hear is about "personal attacks"...that is patently absurd and without keeping score I believe the "attacks" are shared evenly. Having said that....

I am not sure of the word to use to describe anyone who would come on here and LECTURE those who post their feelings......if you dont agree, make your point post it and see what develops, but coming here criticizing someone because of how they feel and then taking down anyone who posts here is somehow very wrong !

Bucco...I believe you nailed it.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:19 PM
n/a

Default Bucco, well said.

And I still maintain the "oppositions" silence could be affirmation of disdain, but we will never know....eh? If they won't talk/discuss/defend what they support what can be expected about that which disappoints them? Probably silence?

btk
Old 12-24-2009, 02:44 PM
n/a

As usual, Bucco and Cabo are quick to dismiss what I have said with whatever cutting criticism they can think of, but as always they choose to make no contribution to the DISCUSSION (as Bucco puts it).

I put a statement out there and I'm still waiting for you to respond to it.

Again, the summary: "As long as we are polarized by dislike, incapable of compromise with those we distrust or hate, the longer it will take to do a really good job of legislating for our diverse nation."

I made the statement because I disagreed with Yoda's remark about disliking people and because of the recent choices made those Republican members of Congress who have not given any more specific reason for opposing legislation beyond saying that they either distrust or dislike what the President is proposing.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:26 PM
n/a

The Republicans I've heard give very specific reasons for opposing this so called health care reform and in fact have proposed alternative solutions which have been summarily shut down by the far left in Obama's administration. No discussion, no debate, no nothing from the liberals in congress.

They don't care about the Republicans and they don't care about YOU... meaning us. It's AWAYS about them. Polls overwhelmingly show the American people do not want this bill and yet they will ram it through anyway.

I use the term "solution" loosely because governments are the one's who create the problems in the first place and turn right around and tell us they have the only solution. Which I might add, ALWAYS gives THEM more power, not us. Ever notice that? Liberals seem to have no problem with it.

I don't dislike liberals as human beings but I DETEST what they stand for, or in many cases don't stand for.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
As usual, Bucco and Cabo are quick to dismiss what I have said with whatever cutting criticism they can think of, but as always they choose to make no contribution to the DISCUSSION (as Bucco puts it).
Since you have chosen to personalize your attack...perhaps you can cite anywhere in this thread where I used "cutting criticism" toward you or anyone else? Feel free to cut and paste.

Regarding contributions to discussions, here's a little tip. Click on Cabo35 on any of my posts. Then, click on Statistics. Follow-up by clicking on Find All Posts by Cabo35. Skip my posts in the General Discussion forum, go to my posts in the Political Forum and let me know again about choosing to make no contributions to the forum. You must have missed them. Sometimes they can be hard to spot through rose collared glasses. Relax.....its a joke.

My Cloward-Piven post explains a lot about my shared disdain with the Obama regime and his Marxist infested administration, complete with unvetted czars. Perhaps its because I remember so many who served and sacrificed fighting the hard tyranny this ideology has imposed on people and civilizations all over the world. Now...unmistakenly.....and without the use of euphemisms or apologies to make the point softer, more diplomatic, tactful and/or palatable.....I believe it resides in the people's house in Washington, D.C. Nikita Khrushchev was right.

Without apology...if you cite this post as modestly sarcastic, I agree. However, please give me credit for not being dismissive with this one.

If anything, Yoda as always, speaks with profound wisdom when he recognizes that the polarity between political ideologies has reached a disturbing level. I believe he has understated the divide .... and... much of the troubling contempt for the radical left's point of view.

I will not be responding further as we are travelling and spending Christmas with family. I hope you and all posters to TOTV enjoy a happy and safe holiday.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:26 PM
n/a

Quote:

I put a statement out there and I'm still waiting for you to respond to it.

Again, the summary: "As long as we are polarized by dislike, incapable of compromise with those we distrust or hate, the longer it will take to do a really good job of legislating for our diverse nation."

I made the statement because I disagreed with Yoda's remark about disliking people and because of the recent choices made those Republican members of Congress who have not given any more specific reason for opposing legislation beyond saying that they either distrust or dislike what the President is proposing.

It is Christmas eve, thus will be short.

I agree that we are polarized, but your post intimated that this polarization began in November of 2008 and thus my comments on the last 4 to 5 years, but you either chose to ignore that or misinterpeted it !

Again, I read your post as a comment on simply the last year....if you meant over the last 15 years or so, I will agree.

I still maintain that if someone has something to say..positive or negative..they should post it ! I did take your comment as a lecture for those of us who do post....if it was meant some other way, please clarify and I will surely apologize !

I will add.....as Cabo gave you instructions on how to review posts, I invite you to do the same with me and call to my attention where I said I disliked anyone !

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.