Why can't posters use their own names?

Old 02-10-2015, 04:11 PM
n/a

Don't go, I really enjoy your posts.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:19 PM
n/a

Default Why can't posters use their own names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Without screen names, I find it almost impossible to stay engaged on a thread here. It's like reading one poster talking to himself in his other personalities having the same name, "Guest"...
...This "Guest" format here is a turnoff.
Pretty well sums up my feelings.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:48 PM
n/a

If the software and the operating system can handle it I would vote for a separate unser name for use in the political forum only. It could be compiled at the opt in stage of signing on.
No PM capability. I would like to see the edit capability as I often times need it.

But I agree, I find it difficult, not impossible to follow a thread and some sort of feel for who is participating.

Or something like that.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
If the software and the operating system can handle it I would vote for a separate unser name for use in the political forum only. It could be compiled at the opt in stage of signing on.
No PM capability. I would like to see the edit capability as I often times need it.

But I agree, I find it difficult, not impossible to follow a thread and some sort of feel for who is participating.

Or something like that.
This is why I like to be able to edit........and one would keep their regular screen name for the other forums
Old 02-10-2015, 04:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Pretty well sums up my feelings.
I can see on Tapatalk that P-B sent this.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Without screen names, I find it almost impossible to stay engaged on a thread here. It's like reading one poster talking to himself in his other personalities having the same name, "Guest".

That is exactly what's been going on with the KOOK who slanders TOTV posters on Topix. He argues with himself under his other personalities' screen names.

This "Guest" format here is a turnoff.
Quote:
This is just plain silly (and confusing) to have everyone post under the same name.

Reminds me of some of those whacked out progressive daycare centers where everyone is hyper-sensitive to offending the child's developing sense of self. (psycho-babble nonsense!)

First and last post here.
Quote:
I agree with all three posters above.
Or with the one poster who posted three times!!!
See what I mean??????
Old 02-11-2015, 03:12 PM
n/a

how about if everyone uses a different font?
Old 02-11-2015, 04:25 PM
n/a

People, you are responding to a post, not a person.

If you quote the post to which you respond, how can that be confusing?

Those complaining about the anonymous posting appear to crave confrontation with a specific individual. That is exactly how these things get nasty.

If you cannot let the ideas speak for themselves, the Political Forum will not survive.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:38 PM
n/a

Quote:

Those complaining about the anonymous posting appear to crave confrontation with a specific individual. That is exactly how these things get nasty.

If you cannot let the ideas speak for themselves, the Political Forum will not survive.

If posters cannot 'speak' to the posts rather than the poster - they should not be commenting in this forum!
Old 02-11-2015, 04:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
The confusing part is that a poster can reply multiple times to his own post. This is what happens on Topix ... one person having a conversation with himself. But I'm certainly willing to give it a go. Thank you for bringing the Political Forum back.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
The confusing part is that a poster can reply multiple times to his own post. This is what happens on Topix ... one person having a conversation with himself. But I'm certainly willing to give it a go. Thank you for bringing the Political Forum back.

If posters find Topix so objectionable, here's a suggestion, don't go there.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:59 PM
n/a

All guests on this thread are right. Unfortunately a few in the past ended up hurting the majority.

ONE SUGGESTION TO THE MODERATORS IS THAT IF THEY ARE CONCERNED THAT BY USING USERNAMES SOME WILL PM DIRECTLY TO THOSE TEY DISAGREE THEN INSTEAD OF REFERRING ALL AS GUESTS SIMPLY DISENABLE THE PM FEATURE. IF A POSTER SENDS ONE NASTY REPLY DISENABLE THAT POSTER FROM THIS FORUM.

There are members here who have good chemistry and they play well off one another so why spoil that.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
All guests on this thread are right. Unfortunately a few in the past ended up hurting the majority.

ONE SUGGESTION TO THE MODERATORS IS THAT IF THEY ARE CONCERNED THAT BY USING USERNAMES SOME WILL PM DIRECTLY TO THOSE TEY DISAGREE THEN INSTEAD OF REFERRING ALL AS GUESTS SIMPLY DISENABLE THE PM FEATURE. IF A POSTER SENDS ONE NASTY REPLY DISENABLE THAT POSTER FROM THIS FORUM.

There are members here who have good chemistry and they play well off one another so why spoil that.
What I find frustrating is that the only time the political forum appears is when I initially sign on. So if I leave it I have to sign on again to locate it????
Old 02-11-2015, 06:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
If posters find Topix so objectionable, here's a suggestion, don't go there.
Good point. You do know that 99% of the posters on TOPIX also post here, or at least lurk !!!
Old 02-11-2015, 06:24 PM
n/a

Quote:

No, we don't "crave confrontation with a specific individual". In regular conversation on this board or anywhere, we're used to knowing with whom we are speaking, even it the person bears a screen name.

It's impossible to tell whether it's ONE person who agrees/disagrees with us, or ten.

It's nice to know when a consensus is forming or changing as a result of the debate at hand. It's interesting to see if anyone actually comes around to your point of view or can at least find some common ground.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.