Why can't posters use their own names?

Old 02-11-2015, 06:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
No, we don't "crave confrontation with a specific individual". In regular conversation on this board or anywhere, we're used to knowing with whom we are speaking, even it the person bears a screen name.

It's impossible to tell whether it's ONE person who agrees/disagrees with us, or ten.

It's nice to know when a consensus is forming or changing as a result of the debate at hand. It's interesting to see if anyone actually comes around to your point of view or can at least find some common ground.
Give it up. The moderator has spoken. The complainers are going to get the political forum shut down after only a week.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Give it up. The moderator has spoken. The complainers are going to get the political forum shut down after only a week.
Actually I believe the moderator has said this will be watched to see how it goes and if the guest thing isn't working alternatives will be considered.

I'm wondering who is posting and signing as MODERATOR.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:50 PM
n/a

I find the no edit feature more troubling. Not Sure I understand the problem in editing.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
What I find frustrating is that the only time the political forum appears is when I initially sign on. So if I leave it I have to sign on again to locate it????
Put it into your 'bookmarks'/'favorites' - makes it easy to locate. Are you not always signed into TOTV or do you sign in each time you access the site. I remain signed in unless some computer update or cookie monster deletes my password for the site.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
People, you are responding to a post, not a person.

If you quote the post to which you respond, how can that be confusing?

Those complaining about the anonymous posting appear to crave confrontation with a specific individual. That is exactly how these things get nasty.

If you cannot let the ideas speak for themselves, the Political Forum will not survive.

Quote:
Actually I believe the moderator has said this will be watched to see how it goes and if the guest thing isn't working alternatives will be considered.

I'm wondering who is posting and signing as MODERATOR.

Don't see anything in the above post that says alternatives will be considered. The alternative is posting on the regular forum which allows names.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
People, you are responding to a post, not a person.

If you quote the post to which you respond, how can that be confusing?

Those complaining about the anonymous posting appear to crave confrontation with a specific individual. That is exactly how these things get nasty.

If you cannot let the ideas speak for themselves, the Political Forum will not survive.

If your post stands on its own, why are you identifying yourself? Perhaps to avoid confusion?
Old 02-11-2015, 09:26 PM
n/a

If someone want to post and agree with herself that is fine. Heck maybe even a devil's advocate who will post and then disagree with her own post. That would be fun. Really isn't this political forum just to have fun with politics. No one expects their wisdom with change anyone's opinion. Go ahead and point out my idiocies, I won't change my mind. you're no different. So enjoy the back and forth and don't get too nasty

NOT MODERATOR
Old 02-11-2015, 09:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
If someone want to post and agree with herself that is fine. Heck maybe even a devil's advocate who will post and then disagree with her own post. That would be fun. Really isn't this political forum just to have fun with politics. No one expects their wisdom with change anyone's opinion. Go ahead and point out my idiocies, I won't change my mind. you're no different. So enjoy the back and forth and don't get too nasty

NOT MODERATOR
Open minded, heh ?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:33 AM
n/a

Quote:

NOT MODERATOR
This is a great post. I don't think anyone ever changes their point of view due to what is posted regardless of names being displayed. Of course, maybe I wrote that post and are just patting myself on the back. Only the "guest" knows for sure.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:21 AM
n/a

The poster "Guest" is very prolific, though he/she seems extremely confused and conflicted.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
The poster "Guest" is very prolific, though he/she seems extremely confused and conflicted.
No I'm not!
Old 02-12-2015, 09:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
No I'm not!
Yes you are!
Old 02-12-2015, 10:04 AM
n/a

No, I'm not!!
Old 02-12-2015, 10:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
No, I'm not!!
Am I arguing with myself now?
Old 02-12-2015, 10:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
I find the no edit feature more troubling. Not Sure I understand the problem in editing.
If editing were available, and everybody is "Guest", then everybody could edit everybody else's posts. Because everyone is Guest, and all posts are by Guest.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.