Why has America become so partisan?

Old 04-12-2017, 06:29 AM
n/a

Default Why has America become so partisan?

I am sincerely curious.
And please try not to be partisan when you add your opinion. And remember, name calling simply displays your ignorance and lack of a real fact based argument. It is, however, ok to say things like "because the Republicans did this" or "because the Democrats did that."

OK, how about some rational opinions about this issue that seems to be ripping our country apart at the seams.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:48 AM
n/a

I think blue lies in the party leaders in-fighting, egotism, and lack of trust for the other side. From there, those very same party leaders stifle the ability for individual representatives to even consider both sides of the argument by threatening their party members if they don't along party lines. They say they will lose support of the party in their re-election bids, will keep them off prestigious committees, and basically treat them as cast-offs, therefore it's these handful of party leaders that are the select, elite few, that drive the partisanship and ultimately what view each side takes.

Look at the Freedom caucus during the GOP healthcare proposal. This is how you CAN fight the party leadership..by banding together to oppose leadership and having enough to actually swing the vote. Party leadership can bully individuals but it's much harder with a group of 20-25.

I think another good example is with the cabinet confirmation hearings which almost entirely went along party lines. McConnell promised Trump he would deliver all of these cabinet posts. Senators McCain, Graham, and Rubio all expressed grave concerns about Tillerson....AND THEY WERE RIGHT. Yet, they all voted with the party and pushed him through into a position he is poorly qualified for, and now we are paying the price that inexperience with the global unrest. Bottom line - individual representative have to start voting their beliefs and conscious and the bullying by party leadership has to stop. Mcconnell and Schemer have to go...Ryan and Pelosi have to go...."draining the swamp" is a good idea, the problem is the it's all cronyism and even DJT is a part of it.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I think blue lies in the party leaders in-fighting, egotism, and lack of trust for the other side. From there, those very same party leaders stifle the ability for individual representatives to even consider both sides of the argument by threatening their party members if they don't along party lines. They say they will lose support of the party in their re-election bids, will keep them off prestigious committees, and basically treat them as cast-offs, therefore it's these handful of party leaders that are the select, elite few, that drive the partisanship and ultimately what view each side takes.

Look at the Freedom caucus during the GOP healthcare proposal. This is how you CAN fight the party leadership..by banding together to oppose leadership and having enough to actually swing the vote. Party leadership can bully individuals but it's much harder with a group of 20-25.

I think another good example is with the cabinet confirmation hearings which almost entirely went along party lines. McConnell promised Trump he would deliver all of these cabinet posts. Senators McCain, Graham, and Rubio all expressed grave concerns about Tillerson....AND THEY WERE RIGHT. Yet, they all voted with the party and pushed him through into a position he is poorly qualified for, and now we are paying the price that inexperience with the global unrest. Bottom line - individual representative have to start voting their beliefs and conscious and the bullying by party leadership has to stop. Mcconnell and Schemer have to go...Ryan and Pelosi have to go...."draining the swamp" is a good idea, the problem is the it's all cronyism and even DJT is a part of it.
My 26 year 224 613 Project is bi-partisan. At least I have tried to make it that way especially since we have had Presidents of both the Republican and Democrat variety during that time.

My problem is that I do not trust Donald John Trump because of his long history of lying, multiple lawsuits against him, alleged sexual assaults and sexual harassment and the stench of scandal. You bring in the Russians as well and I am running for cover.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
I am sincerely curious.
And please try not to be partisan when you add your opinion. And remember, name calling simply displays your ignorance and lack of a real fact based argument. It is, however, ok to say things like "because the Republicans did this" or "because the Democrats did that."

OK, how about some rational opinions about this issue that seems to be ripping our country apart at the seams.
We are divided along "work for it" and "everyone is entitled"...gender differences.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:59 AM
n/a

Default I too wonder

Quote:
I am sincerely curious.

First of all as we read the posts from the VILLAGES. The average age here is 70. My opinion is the level of education and the level of prosperity is far higher than the national average AND YET LOOK AT SOME OF THE HATEFUL, BIGOTED AND SIMPLY STUPID posts.

I had believed that Obama was the cause having blamed the Republicans for all evil in the world. Having fanned the sparks of racial conflict into forest firers. WE ARE RID OF OBAMA.

I do not know. Did Obama cause this or did he see the cancer and just feed it to his own political gain.

PERHAPS, WE ARE THE PROBLEM. I SEE FEW SOLUTIONS.
WHAT I SEE IS A LOT OF THIRD GRADE CRAP-I DIDN'T DO IT JOHNNY DID OR OK YOU CAUGHT ME BUT JOHNNY.........

I freely admit that I lean republican and that I did not vote for Obama but, I am not lying to you, MORE IMPORTANT I AM NOT LYING TO MYSELF, I would have been proud to admit I was wrong about Obama and that he solved the cancer of racism that has been tearing our country apart.

It is clear, whether his fault or not, Obama has left the job of president with our country, with our world, with our people in far worse place then when he arrived Oh and he left an UNPAID TAB OF 50 TRILLION ON THE DESK for the next president, or more likely for the next several presidents to deal with.

I SUGGEST-WE ARE WHERE WE ARE. WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
First of all as we read the posts from the VILLAGES. The average age here is 70. My opinion is the level of education and the level of prosperity is far higher than the national average AND YET LOOK AT SOME OF THE HATEFUL, BIGOTED AND SIMPLY STUPID posts.

I had believed that Obama was the cause having blamed the Republicans for all evil in the world. Having fanned the sparks of racial conflict into forest firers. WE ARE RID OF OBAMA.

I do not know. Did Obama cause this or did he see the cancer and just feed it to his own political gain.

PERHAPS, WE ARE THE PROBLEM. I SEE FEW SOLUTIONS.
WHAT I SEE IS A LOT OF THIRD GRADE CRAP-I DIDN'T DO IT JOHNNY DID OR OK YOU CAUGHT ME BUT JOHNNY.........

I freely admit that I lean republican and that I did not vote for Obama but, I am not lying to you, MORE IMPORTANT I AM NOT LYING TO MYSELF, I would have been proud to admit I was wrong about Obama and that he solved the cancer of racism that has been tearing our country apart.

It is clear, whether his fault or not, Obama has left the job of president with our country, with our world, with our people in far worse place then when he arrived Oh and he left an UNPAID TAB OF 50 TRILLION ON THE DESK for the next president, or more likely for the next several presidents to deal with.

I SUGGEST-WE ARE WHERE WE ARE. WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE.
If we don't change our path...we turn into Mexico II as Hispanics become the absolute majority.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:34 AM
n/a

Default It is not my job to defend trump but

Quote:
My 26 year 224 613 Project is bi-partisan. At least I have tried to make it that way especially since we have had Presidents of both the Republican and Democrat variety during that time.

My problem is that I do not trust Donald John Trump because of his long history of lying, multiple lawsuits against him, alleged sexual assaults and sexual harassment and the stench of scandal. You bring in the Russians as well and I am running for cover.
Our press is mostly controlled by progressive, liberals.
Trump truly does not get a fair shake. The term is of course undefined so it is in the eye of the beholder.

The FACTS are truly interesting. According to my reading in the late 1960's the major news sources were controlled by 49 companies. Today it is down to 5 four of them are progressive liberal and only FOX leans right. DISNEY owns many of our news sources. There is nothing I can do about that EXCEPT TO MAKE YOU AWARE. The OWNERS will declare they do not control the news BUT, if disney owns your company what is the likely hood that they will run a story or allow you to run a story on say stock manipulation, salaries of management compared to the average worker etc. NEWS-is what you vote on.

Due to the view of our LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE CONTROLLED NEWS SOURCES, we are all aware or RACIST CHARGES.
It is a far fewer number who are aware of TRUMP and Key Largo. Key largo was bought by Trump-cheap. He got it cheap not because he stole it but because it was unwanted. OTHERS DID NOT SEE THE POTENTIAL.
Trump bought it to establish a key club gold resort for the wealthy. You paid a fee to become a member. The fee was high. Trump profited due to people who, people who wanted to prove they had the wealth to belong. The surrounding area wanted TRUMP to make it no Jews and no Blacks to get it licensed. There is sadly a long history of such private clubs excluding Jews, blacks and women for that matter, although i don't think they had asked for that-just jews and blacks. TRUMP, RISKING HIS OWN MONEY, REFUSED. Do you not see a pattern, if your news sources did not think this worth reporting-NO NEED FOR YOU TO KNOW.

As to Trump and lawsuits-once again your source of information doe not think you need to know.

it is true that Trump has been involved in hundreds of lawsuits. From what I've read well over 80% of them involved gambling debts and Vegas law requires it be settled in court.

As to not trusting Trump. TRUTH there are very few people I trust and frankly as I get older people have not changed just that due to experience there are very few people I trust. In most cases, my trust is that I listen to what they have said AND THEN CHECK IT FOR MYSELF.
Do you or did you Trust, Obama, Hillary etc. Hell, I trusted O Reilly and I grew up with Bill Cosby's TV family.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:58 PM
n/a

Gerrymandering, no term limits, money in elections, and no need to balance federal budget. IMO
Old 04-12-2017, 03:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Gerrymandering, no term limits, money in elections, and no need to balance federal budget. IMO
It is all about the green. And keeping it coming.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
I am sincerely curious.

what I am about to share focuses on Washington but it has application to both state and local level of government to varying degrees.

Let's reach back a bit and first recognize that the people elected and those hired to leadership roles as federal government employees all live in and around the four or five richest counties in the country. They as the comic says "talk among themselves". they have lost touch with real people and only as a matter of self preservation to they venture out to press flesh, sprouting populism etc. in order to gain a vote or support for their program. a greater percentage of this bureaucracy has no idea or really cares what the average joe thinks.

Coupled with this the bell curve as respects liberal conservative, moderate, etc has drastically changed. In my view, perhaps some will disagree the majority on the left have drifted so far left that it is impossible to get consensus. And continuing this same thought process we are divided because of this fact. What we are in a fierce fight over the direction this nation will go.

As it is termed by the hard left, "the new normal vis a vis the right's traditional America."

it is evident that the so called "resistance movement"is being conducted by this radical left fringe and encouraged by democratic leaders who use this resistance to further their self interests.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-12-2017, 03:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
I'll go with this one, adding no immigration reform and corporate greed!
Old 04-12-2017, 04:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
I am sincerely curious.

No give and take anymore, it my way or the highway. Notice I didn't inject party loyalty or brainwashing into it. All politicians are lair's, just some better at it than others. We will Never change till we get the career politicians (carpetbaggers, by the way most have law degree's which they were trained in how to stretch the truth)) tern limits.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by copuff
I'll go with this one, adding no immigration reform and corporate greed!
Hey Copuff - I have a corporation does that make me greedy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2017, 05:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
Hey Copuff - I have a corporation does that make me greedy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It's only corporate greed if THEY don't get something from the rich. Anyone that is better than them, has to be greedy and evil. The lazy demand that everyone else "share."
Old 04-13-2017, 07:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiTHECon
what I am about to share focuses on Washington but it has application to both state and local level of government to varying degrees.

Let's reach back a bit and first recognize that the people elected and those hired to leadership roles as federal government employees all live in and around the four or five richest counties in the country. They as the comic says "talk among themselves". they have lost touch with real people and only as a matter of self preservation to they venture out to press flesh, sprouting populism etc. in order to gain a vote or support for their program. a greater percentage of this bureaucracy has no idea or really cares what the average joe thinks.

Coupled with this the bell curve as respects liberal conservative, moderate, etc has drastically changed. In my view, perhaps some will disagree the majority on the left have drifted so far left that it is impossible to get consensus. And continuing this same thought process we are divided because of this fact. What we are in a fierce fight over the direction this nation will go.

As it is termed by the hard left, "the new normal vis a vis the right's traditional America."

it is evident that the so called "resistance movement"is being conducted by this radical left fringe and encouraged by democratic leaders who use this resistance to further their self interests.

Personal Best Regards:

What you have just epitomized, albeit unwittingly I'm sure because I doubt you're smart enough to understand it...is the real reason for the extreme partisanship.

Your bloviating rant, says in essence... "it's all the Dem's/left's fault."

Totally ignoring the fact that there is a reason that the Repub's EARNED the moniker of "The Party Of NO"...under Bush's reign.

And yet, you must think everyone else is stupid enough to listen to your constant refrain and pseudo-intellectualism, as if just because YOU say it from your soapbox...it must automatically be true.

As someone else mentioned above, the word 'compromise' has become a 4 letter word that no one is willing to embrace...less they be viewed as 'weak' and their constituents hold it against them in the next election.

I think we work best when the WH and both houses of Congress ARE NOT controlled by a single party...regardless of which party.

So let me posit, that a lot of BOTH parties have moved to the extremes of their respective party's positions and true Centrists such as myself...have become less influential.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:

Tags
real, partisan, america

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.