Why has America become so partisan?

Old 04-14-2017, 07:43 AM
n/a

Default If our history books are still correct....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I am sincerely curious.
And please try not to be partisan when you add your opinion. And remember, name calling simply displays your ignorance and lack of a real fact based argument. It is, however, ok to say things like "because the Republicans did this" or "because the Democrats did that."

OK, how about some rational opinions about this issue that seems to be ripping our country apart at the seams.
and if not go online to the congressional library you'll see that it's always been partisan. Less so when there's a war.

The difference now is that there is instant information about every single bit of who said, she said. No need to blow things out of proportion, but delving into our history is proof that not much has changed....other than instant news.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
and if not go online to the congressional library you'll see that it's always been partisan. Less so when there's a war.

The difference now is that there is instant information about every single bit of who said, she said. No need to blow things out of proportion, but delving into our history is proof that not much has changed....other than instant news.
It seems to vary a bit though. There are some politicians who bring people together others who are extremely divisive. Trump is one of the most polarizing politicians in US history.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Tell that to Billy Jean King or the Williams Sisters who could probably beat most male tennis pros. Battle of the Sexes (tennis - Wikipedia)
Did you even read your own link? Riggs beat the first "woman champion" handily...and THREW the second one against King.

"There was also widespread speculation, based on Riggs' unusually poor play and large number of unforced errors, that Riggs had purposely lost the match in order to win large sums of money that he had bet against himself, as a way to pay off his gambling debts."

How about the match between:

Martina Navratilova 5 2
Jimmy Connors 7 6

Connors killed her.

How about ALL the rest of the matches between men and women? The ONLY time a woman wins is when the deck is stacked!

Bobby Riggs was in his 50s when he played King who was in her prime.

There IS a REASON there are women's sports AND men's sports and we're not all mixed together...there wouldn't BE any women in sports if there wasn't "woman's sports".

It's NOT what you were made for. Sports comes from hunting and the skills needed to hunt. Something women aren't made by nature to do. I'm sorry...I'm JUST the messenger...I didn't make things the way they are...I just TELL you the way they are.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Did you even read your own link? Riggs beat the first "woman champion" handily...and THREW the second one against King.

"There was also widespread speculation, based on Riggs' unusually poor play and large number of unforced errors, that Riggs had purposely lost the match in order to win large sums of money that he had bet against himself, as a way to pay off his gambling debts."

How about the match between:

Martina Navratilova 5 2
Jimmy Connors 7 6

Connors killed her.

How about ALL the rest of the matches between men and women? The ONLY time a woman wins is when the deck is stacked!

Bobby Riggs was in his 50s when he played King who was in her prime.

There IS a REASON there are women's sports AND men's sports and we're not all mixed together...there wouldn't BE any women in sports if there wasn't "woman's sports".

It's NOT what you were made for. Sports comes from hunting and the skills needed to hunt. Something women aren't made by nature to do. I'm sorry...I'm JUST the messenger...I didn't make things the way they are...I just TELL you the way they are.
Why Women Will Never Beat Men in "Sports" - Vice A little twist on that.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:20 AM
n/a

Wackadoodle's silly article made me wonder why the first cave woman was not boxing the $hit out of the first caveman?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2017, 08:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Quite simply...he's wrong.

"Which is all to say: The games are rigged. Equality does not exist, and will never exist, in the world of sports. Until, that is, someone has the powerful genital fortitude to scrap the current understanding of what constitutes as a “sport” and designs one with the female skill-set in mind."

THIS is however true. As "sports" are now...they ARE rigged towards what men are better at. The ONLY way to change it...is to create a "sport" that does fit women better then men. Good luck.

It is SO easy to prove men are better...

World records:

List of world records in athletics - Wikipedia

Don't see ANY women world record holders...
Old 04-14-2017, 08:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Quite simply...he's wrong.

"Which is all to say: The games are rigged. Equality does not exist, and will never exist, in the world of sports. Until, that is, someone has the powerful genital fortitude to scrap the current understanding of what constitutes as a “sport” and designs one with the female skill-set in mind."

THIS is however true. As "sports" are now...they ARE rigged towards what men are better at. The ONLY way to change it...is to create a "sport" that does fit women better then men. Good luck.

It is SO easy to prove men are better...

World records:

List of world records in athletics - Wikipedia

The men and women have separate columns in the world records.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Baldwin View Post

The ONLY way to change it...is to create a "sport" that does fit women better then men. Good luck.

If "rejection" was a sport...

Old 04-14-2017, 10:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
The men and women have separate columns in the world records.
EXACTLY...my God woman...you ARE dense.

Go look at the men's column...now look at the women's column...is there ANYTHING that the women BEAT the men in? Just ONE? No...there isn't...meaning men ARE superior to ALL women in sports.

Let's do a thought experiment...I know...it's HARD...but bear with me.

The minorities are ALSO inferior to white people the same way women are inferior to men in sports. They are BETTER at certain sports but INFERIOR in everything else.

Let's say in education...if we divided education into white/Asina and black/Hispanic...we would see the same thing. A GAP...where one side ALWAYS outperforms the other.

THIS is the reality of the racial/gender situation. Delusion, pretending, laws, QUOTAS does not "make it" reality...it destroys. We've gone from #1 to #25 BECAUSE the population has gone from 90% white to 49%.

The villages will change too IF we allow an influx of minorities...it's what ALWAYS happens...when it's "white" it runs well, is organized, is calm and peaceful, everyone is prosperous...when it's "minority", diversified...it sucks...EVERY time.

You can't come up with even ONE example where there is a 99% black ANYTHING that turns out good?

Quote:
If "rejection" was a sport...

No "expectation" would be their sport...EXPECTING someone else...a man...to do something THEY want done!
Old 04-14-2017, 12:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
EXACTLY...my God woman...you ARE dense.

Go look at the men's column...now look at the women's column...is there ANYTHING that the women BEAT the men in? Just ONE? No...there isn't...meaning men ARE superior to ALL women in sports.

Let's do a thought experiment...I know...it's HARD...but bear with me.

The minorities are ALSO inferior to white people the same way women are inferior to men in sports. They are BETTER at certain sports but INFERIOR in everything else.

Let's say in education...if we divided education into white/Asina and black/Hispanic...we would see the same thing. A GAP...where one side ALWAYS outperforms the other.

THIS is the reality of the racial/gender situation. Delusion, pretending, laws, QUOTAS does not "make it" reality...it destroys. We've gone from #1 to #25 BECAUSE the population has gone from 90% white to 49%.

The villages will change too IF we allow an influx of minorities...it's what ALWAYS happens...when it's "white" it runs well, is organized, is calm and peaceful, everyone is prosperous...when it's "minority", diversified...it sucks...EVERY time.

You can't come up with even ONE example where there is a 99% black ANYTHING that turns out good?

No "expectation" would be their sport...EXPECTING someone else...a man...to do something THEY want done!
38 Black Entrepreneurs Share Their Origin Stories

Sunny Williams, Founder of Tiny Docs

...."“In a not so past life, I was a big law attorney in Chicago. My honeymoon period of practicing law lasted for about 17 minutes. Every day, I woke up absolute dreading going to work. You see, ever since I was in elementary school, I imagined living a big, meaningful life. But in order to live that big, meaningful life, one must be passionate about what s/he does. Quickly, I learned that I was not passionate about practicing law, so continuing the course would mean I would have to defer my dream of living a big meaningful life. "

Mack Jackson, Jr., Owner of MJ Computer Concepts, Inc.

"“Growing up, I always wanted to start and run my own company. I had the entrepreneurial spirit and discovered I had an aptitude in computer programming so I wanted to marry the two. I worked for several companies as a software programmer. As an employee, I developed my skills in my craft; but I also knew I needed to learn about the operational aspects of running a business, so I was a sponge, picking up everything I could from my supervisors and company owners. Having the desire to be more creative and the drive to be my own boss kept me focused on my goals.

AND 36 OTHERS....

10 Most Successful African-American CEOs of All Time | Business Insurance Quotes: Compare Providers for Free

Kenneth Frazier

"Here's something good to come out of Penn State: Kenneth Frazier, CEO of Merck & Co., Inc. He's the first African-American CEO of a pharmaceutical company, and only the second lawyer to become a CEO of big pharma.

Ursula Burns

Women have it hard. African-American women have it harder. African-American businesswomen have it triple tough, and that's just the truth. A first-generation American citizen and raised in the housing projects of New York City, Ursula Burns defied many odds and, as of 2009, is the CEO of paper and copy giant Xerox.

PLUS OTHERS

Top 10 African-American Owned Businesses | Investopedia

"World Wide Technology, Inc., a Maryland Heights, Mo-based IT products and services firm, was started in 1990 by David Steward, who remains chairman of the board. This firm enables its customers to implement technology. With more than $6 billion in revenue at the end of 2013, the firm employs about 3,000 people."

"ACT-1 Group, Inc. a business founded by Janice Bryant Howroyd in 1978, is a global firm that helps other businesses manage their workforce and employment needs. Based in Torrance, Calif., the firm started off as an employment agency. As of 2013, the firm employed more than 2,000 people and its revenues were about $2.2 billion."

AND MANY MORE

"http://www.essence.com/galleries/25-black-women-entrepreneurs#115651

"Cathy Hughes
9/32
From teenage mother to media power player, Hughes is the founder of Radio One, which includes 53 radio stations in the U.S., and TVOne, a cable network. At one point during the early stages of her career, she lost her home and was forced to live with relatives as she rebuilt her company into what is now one of the biggest media companies in the world.

"Birame Sock
23/32
Blazing a path in the tech industry, Birame Sock is the CEO and founder of Third Solutions, the marketing company behind MyReceipts.com, which lets users keep track of their receipts online.

AN MANY MORE

LOTS MORE OUT THERE.

I WONDER IF THEY VISIT A FORUM AND WONDER ABOUT THOSE RICH GUYS JUST COMPLAINING AND COMPLAINING WHILE SITTING ON THEIR BUTTS.

AND THIS ABOUT ECONOMICS IS WORTH THE LEAD.....MAYBE, I DOUBT IT, YOU MIGHT READ ALL OF THESE.

YOU DON'T WANT THOSE FOLKS TALKING ABOUT YOU ON A FORUM SOMEWHERE AS ONE OF THE POOR WHITES WITH NO EDUCATION AND LACK OF LEADERSHIP OR VISION.

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE A LOW SELF ESTEEM PROBLEM AND ARE IN FEAR OF STRONG WOMEN OR ANYONE NOT EXACTLY LIKE YOU.

YOU PICK OUT AREAS WHERE YOU MIGHT FEEL SUPERIOR BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO LOOK TO FIND ANYONE WHO IS LESS THAN YOU.

SURPRISE......NOTHING IS BECAUSE OF SKIN COLOR. INSIDE IS WHAT MAKES YOU WHAT YOU ARE.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:56 PM
n/a

Quote:

The soapbox bloviator is trying to lecture me about reading, comprehension...and confirmation bias?

Methinks you need to go back and read your own post again, then read mine...and realize that I simply pegged your rant perfectly.

I'm the one that stated I believe in 'checks and balances' by not putting one party in charge of everything, but all you EVER do is to stand on your soapbox, lecture of the evils of anything to the left of your extreme right positions...and refuse to acknowledge yours and your own party's failings.

That you think soft-pedaling denigrating remarks should give you some kind of brownie points, versus those of us who are simply direct with the truth...is a very good insight into your own insecurities.

While you love to view yourself as a pseudo-intellectual who evaluates both sides...you're simply a blinded Chump Apologist.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Your funny. How am I funny...you mean.......

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-14-2017, 01:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
I came to the obvious conclusion quite some time ago...that he IS that self-centered.

I don't believe he has a clue as to how desperate he comes across to decent, intelligent folks when he stands on his soapbox bloviating...while never being able to support his own position with facts or links.

It's clear that he actually thinks people should believe him...based solely on the fact that he's the one saying it.

That takes a special kind of deafness...and an inability to utilize cognitive thinking.

The fact that he's been caught many times plagiarizing, tells me that he pours over other extreme right-wingnuts material to find nuggets...that he can slightly reword and pass off as his own.

Pretty sad and pathetic...when you think about it.
Can't you think for yourself ? ggeeezzz

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-14-2017, 02:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
38 Black Entrepreneurs Share Their Origin Stories

Sunny Williams, Founder of Tiny Docs

...."“In a not so past life, I was a big law attorney in Chicago. My honeymoon period of practicing law lasted for about 17 minutes. Every day, I woke up absolute dreading going to work. You see, ever since I was in elementary school, I imagined living a big, meaningful life. But in order to live that big, meaningful life, one must be passionate about what s/he does. Quickly, I learned that I was not passionate about practicing law, so continuing the course would mean I would have to defer my dream of living a big meaningful life. "

Mack Jackson, Jr., Owner of MJ Computer Concepts, Inc.

"“Growing up, I always wanted to start and run my own company. I had the entrepreneurial spirit and discovered I had an aptitude in computer programming so I wanted to marry the two. I worked for several companies as a software programmer. As an employee, I developed my skills in my craft; but I also knew I needed to learn about the operational aspects of running a business, so I was a sponge, picking up everything I could from my supervisors and company owners. Having the desire to be more creative and the drive to be my own boss kept me focused on my goals.

AND 36 OTHERS....

10 Most Successful African-American CEOs of All Time | Business Insurance Quotes: Compare Providers for Free

Kenneth Frazier

"Here's something good to come out of Penn State: Kenneth Frazier, CEO of Merck & Co., Inc. He's the first African-American CEO of a pharmaceutical company, and only the second lawyer to become a CEO of big pharma.

Ursula Burns

Women have it hard. African-American women have it harder. African-American businesswomen have it triple tough, and that's just the truth. A first-generation American citizen and raised in the housing projects of New York City, Ursula Burns defied many odds and, as of 2009, is the CEO of paper and copy giant Xerox.

PLUS OTHERS

Top 10 African-American Owned Businesses | Investopedia

"World Wide Technology, Inc., a Maryland Heights, Mo-based IT products and services firm, was started in 1990 by David Steward, who remains chairman of the board. This firm enables its customers to implement technology. With more than $6 billion in revenue at the end of 2013, the firm employs about 3,000 people."

"ACT-1 Group, Inc. a business founded by Janice Bryant Howroyd in 1978, is a global firm that helps other businesses manage their workforce and employment needs. Based in Torrance, Calif., the firm started off as an employment agency. As of 2013, the firm employed more than 2,000 people and its revenues were about $2.2 billion."

AND MANY MORE

"http://www.essence.com/galleries/25-black-women-entrepreneurs#115651

"Cathy Hughes
9/32
From teenage mother to media power player, Hughes is the founder of Radio One, which includes 53 radio stations in the U.S., and TVOne, a cable network. At one point during the early stages of her career, she lost her home and was forced to live with relatives as she rebuilt her company into what is now one of the biggest media companies in the world.

"Birame Sock
23/32
Blazing a path in the tech industry, Birame Sock is the CEO and founder of Third Solutions, the marketing company behind MyReceipts.com, which lets users keep track of their receipts online.

AN MANY MORE

LOTS MORE OUT THERE.

I WONDER IF THEY VISIT A FORUM AND WONDER ABOUT THOSE RICH GUYS JUST COMPLAINING AND COMPLAINING WHILE SITTING ON THEIR BUTTS.

AND THIS ABOUT ECONOMICS IS WORTH THE LEAD.....MAYBE, I DOUBT IT, YOU MIGHT READ ALL OF THESE.

YOU DON'T WANT THOSE FOLKS TALKING ABOUT YOU ON A FORUM SOMEWHERE AS ONE OF THE POOR WHITES WITH NO EDUCATION AND LACK OF LEADERSHIP OR VISION.

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE A LOW SELF ESTEEM PROBLEM AND ARE IN FEAR OF STRONG WOMEN OR ANYONE NOT EXACTLY LIKE YOU.

YOU PICK OUT AREAS WHERE YOU MIGHT FEEL SUPERIOR BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO LOOK TO FIND ANYONE WHO IS LESS THAN YOU.

SURPRISE......NOTHING IS BECAUSE OF SKIN COLOR. INSIDE IS WHAT MAKES YOU WHAT YOU ARE.
They did nothing meaningful...these are bullsh!t companies selling CRAP. Lets see what we have here...

A secret shopper? THAT is the great accomplishment?

"While working for a corporation, I wrote reviews in the local African-American newspaper for arts events and restaurants. I absolutely loved being a secret-shopper of sorts. Then, a few friends asked me to secret-shop their small businesses, so I did."

What else... Assessment tools?

"I decided to develop one of my research projects into Clearview360, a company spun out of the university, which offers a suite of assessment tools for healthcare organizations. Clearview360 provides tools that assess patient experience, health literacy, cultural competency, and employee engagement of healthcare organizations.”

Tush-ups? Really? THAT is a great achievement?

“I started my business because after the birth of my fourth child I did not feel comfortable or confident in my fitness clothing and found that other women had the same issues. So I created “Tush Ups” which have a built-in seamless panty, slimming effect, and rear pockets where removable buttock enhancement pads can be added for a boost."

Selling jewelry?

"A self-taught graphic designer, I founded TurnerHill – a brand identity design firm – and worked with small businesses and non-profits to create memorable and engaging print and online identity systems. A web developer with a passion for style, I sought to update my professional look with jewelry that could make the transition from client meeting to social dinner. Finding this however was a daunting task. Either the jewelry was way out of my young professional budget, cheap in quality, or there was barely a selection at all. This was a problem so I set out to fix it. I created ERIN/ANDERSON – the online destination for desk-to-dinner fashion jewelry at a guilt-free price point.”

That's the fist four...I'm not wasting my time with the rest...THAT is ALL you could find? The BEST that blacks can do? A secret shopper, assessment tools for customer experience, butt lifting pants, and jewelry...

Yup...they're surely our equal...just FULL of Newtons and Einsteins.

The 1% of blacks and this is it...their great achievements.

How about the OTHER 99% who don't amount to sh!t? What about them? How come you never bring up the 99%? The ones who live by MLK Blvd...the one's YOU are AFRAID to go visit...there's no way I could get ANY of you liberals here to walk down MLK Blvd in St Louis or Chicago, or Detroit...but I DEFY you to find a road that is in a 99% white town like the villages where a black can't walk in PERFECT safety.

You are protecting another species that would like to see you gone.

You write in all caps...you call me vile things...and you're completely, 100% wrong.

Why do YOU Rocky HAVE to defend them? Why can't they defend themselves? You defend them like they're children or retarded...because compared to US...they ARE.

I'm trying to get you to open up your eyes so we don't lose this FORMERLY great country to Mexicans/blacks.

Tags
real, partisan, america

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.