Why Are Liberals Terrified of Fox News?

Old 05-14-2011, 04:44 PM
n/a

Default Why Are Liberals Terrified of Fox News?

Seeming endless concerns expressed about Fox News and its influence on the American electorate are often being voiced by liberals in the United States. When the people oppose a particular thing they support, they opine that it is because of the evil that is Fox News. Their fulminations cause to resort to the phrase Fox Noise in order to denigrate it in their own minds.

Recently one poster on this board stated, “…pretty much every time you post something that you got from Fox Noise or other rightie blogs you're promoting fabrication.” This attack is disconnected from reality when you consider the actual reach of Fox News.

Here are the ratings for the prime time news hour:

NBC - 9.0 Million
ABC - 7.9 Million
CBS - 5.9 Million
FNC - 1.4 Million
CNN - 0.8 Million
MSNBC 0.6 Million
CNBC - 0.2 Million
HLN - 0.2 Million

Fox News draws less than 25% of any of the network news shows and just over 40% of the cable news channels in this time period – a grand total of just over 5% of the people watching the evening news. If you want to consider something discouraging, Entertainment Tonight draws an audience of 5.9 Million, more than all the news channels combined.

Perhaps it’s time for the left to grow a pair and admit that the American people are rejecting their ideas because they don’t like them, not because the people are lemmings unthinkingly following their Fox News masters.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMan View Post
Seeming endless concerns expressed about Fox News and its influence on the American electorate are often being voiced by liberals in the United States. When the people oppose a particular thing they support, they opine that it is because of the evil that is Fox News. Their fulminations cause to resort to the phrase Fox Noise in order to denigrate it in their own minds.

Recently one poster on this board stated, “…pretty much every time you post something that you got from Fox Noise or other rightie blogs you're promoting fabrication.” This attack is disconnected from reality when you consider the actual reach of Fox News.

NBC - 9.0 Million
ABC - 7.9 Million
CBS - 5.9 Million
FNC - 1.4 Million
CNN - 0.8 Million
MSNBC 0.6 Million
CNBC - 0.2 Million
HLN - 0.2 Million

Fox News draws less than 25% of any of the network news shows and just over 40% of the cable news channels in this time period – a grand total of just over 5% of the people watching the evening news. If you want to consider something discouraging, Entertainment Tonight draws an audience of 5.9 Million, more than all the news channels combined.

Perhaps it’s time for the left to grow a pair and admit that the American people are rejecting their ideas because they don’t like them, not because the people are lemmings unthinkingly following their Fox News masters.
Gee, since when do ratings equate to truth. That's the problem with the blind followers of Fox Noise.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:15 PM
n/a

Quote:

NBC - 9.0 Million
ABC - 7.9 Million
CBS - 5.9 Million
FNC - 1.4 Million
CNN - 0.8 Million
MSNBC 0.6 Million
CNBC - 0.2 Million
HLN - 0.2 Million

You are confused by the response some people make to such patently biased reporting. The "terrified" are some folks who wish we didn't have such unbridled free speech as to allow such ridiculously slanted information on the public airwaves. Many of them are very conservative.

Liberals are ok with free speech, so they just ignore the Fox crap.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:33 PM
n/a

I know you expected the above responses, BBQ. It's actually a good thing. They'll never see it coming.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:46 PM
n/a

Default Fox News Is A Wing of The Republican Party.

Quote:

NBC - 9.0 Million
ABC - 7.9 Million
CBS - 5.9 Million
FNC - 1.4 Million
CNN - 0.8 Million
MSNBC 0.6 Million
CNBC - 0.2 Million
HLN - 0.2 Million

Liberals don't expect to convert the regular viewers of Fox News. Independent thinking people know that Fox News is never fair and balanced.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:30 PM
n/a

Default At Last an Honest Liberal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
You are confused by the response some people make to such patently biased reporting. The "terrified" are some folks who wish we didn't have such unbridled free speech as to allow such ridiculously slanted information on the public airwaves. Many of them are very conservative.

Liberals are ok with free speech, so they just ignore the Fox crap.
You said “The terrified" are some folks who wish we didn't have such unbridled free speech as to allow …”criticizing the great leader”; “opposing the five year plan”; “believing that the ‘great leap forward’ as a bad idea”; believed eugenics was evil; and in your case – Fox News.

Ijusluvit is clear in his statement – he wishes we didn’t have free speech. Speech should be free only when it conforms to the ‘right ideas’. This is the mark of a ‘liberal’ today although the original liberal, Thomas Jefferson would emphatically disagree.

Free speech as free press exists only when ideas, no matter how much you may disagree with them, can be openly expressed.

This is fundamental principle of this country and without it we subject ourselves to the tyranny that now exists in countries around the world.

It’s your choice – either you support freedom of expression or you do not. Your statement is clear – you do not.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:20 AM
n/a

Default Fox and Friends Want to Repeal the New Deal

Since the Depression hard working people moved ahead financially and kept that money through programs like Social Security and Medicare. These programs are being attacked by the right wing because the top wealthiest one percent know that they will be the next source of financing SS and Medicare. Although corporations have American names like caterpillar and IBM, increasing shares of their income come from overseas profits. The Middle Class has become less relevant to profits and is being abandoned.

There are large numbers of people that keep their heads in the sand and are frightened of new information. According to Pat Buchanan, they have an ideology but no political philosophy which can change with new facts. These are the people that Fox appeals to. They are lazy and numerous.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:43 AM
n/a

Default Thinking People

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
Liberals don't expect to convert the regular viewers of Fox News. Independent thinking people know that Fox News is never fair and balanced.
Please allow me to edit your comment.
Thinking people know that Fox News is never fair and balanced.

There are people who let others do their thinking for them. One important thread that can be picked up when listening to FOX Noise is that everything that they say saves corporations money in some shape or form.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:55 AM
n/a

it's really very simple. I am a member of the middle class and I do not believe from anything I hear on Fox that they are on my side,the exact opposite seems to be true.....they are always defending the wealthiest and the largest. I believe the new health care laws are good for the middle class and it is time for the wealthy and the corporations to start paying more....Fox does not. I have other disagreements with Fox but this is enough for now.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyafd View Post
Since the Depression hard working people moved ahead financially and kept that money through programs like Social Security and Medicare. These programs are being attacked by the right wing because the top wealthiest one percent know that they will be the next source of financing SS and Medicare. Although corporations have American names like caterpillar and IBM, increasing shares of their income come from overseas profits. The Middle Class has become less relevant to profits and is being abandoned.

There are large numbers of people that keep their heads in the sand and are frightened of new information. According to Pat Buchanan, they have an ideology but no political philosophy which can change with new facts. These are the people that Fox appeals to. They are lazy and numerous.
Tony,

Welcome to TOTV and the Political Forum. Just from the few posts that you've made, I KNOW you are going to be an EXCELLENT addition. Tell your like minded friends about The Villages, Talk Of The Villages, and the Political Forum.

Xavier
Old 05-15-2011, 07:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
You just described the other side. I watch CNN, FOX, HNL, along with all 3 major networks newscasts to name a few when I have the time. The only time I have seen guests from both persuasions has been on FOX. What's unbalanced or unfair about that?

I may not be the most savvy, but I am far from lazy. Personally, I don't like either party and certainly don't swallow hook - line- and sinker everything any of them try to sell.

If you think any politician is truly for the people, better rethink and research. So far, all I've seen is that they only want what's best for them.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
One important thread that can be picked up when listening to FOX Noise is that everything that they say saves corporations money in some shape or form.
Is that a bad thing? When was the last time a poor person ever offered you a job?
Old 05-15-2011, 10:35 AM
n/a

Default Thanks, I Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
Is that a bad thing? When was the last time a poor person ever offered you a job?
a good laugh this morning.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Please allow me to edit your comment.
Thinking people know that Fox News is never fair and balanced.

On occasion when my liberal friends starting ranting about Fox I ask them one question but none of them has ever answered me. Since I do not watch any of the previously mentioned networks I shall ask the question here:

Just exactly what network is "fair and balanced" or better yet un-biased?
Old 05-15-2011, 11:09 AM
n/a

This thread is just too much. All the people who don't want to hear ideas that conflict with theirs. Knocking the news reports on Fox News that the liberal main stream media won't cover doesn't make the stories any less "news". You might not like to hear the other side of the story, and if you stick to the aforementioned liberal news networks, you won't have to. But since it's hard to debunk facts, you have to attack the bearer of the unwanted story whether it's Fox News or an contributor to this forum who's the bearer of this news.

Fox News is the only channel that will have a program where the other side of the story will get a chance to debate the topic at hand. It depends on the host how well this turns out as no one ever gets all the time they wish to keep hammering their points, but overall you get the gist of the arguments. Tune in Chris Matthews and see if the other side gets fair treatment. Bill O'Reilly's far from perfect but the left gets a better shake on his program than any conservative gets on Matthews. But these are opinion shows and you gotta take it as such.

The straight news programs are where Fox will cover a story that the liberal news organizations, in their deference to the current administration, will let sit unless it rises to the surface online or on Fox News.

The people will sort it out in the end. That's why Fox News clobbers all cable news competition combined. People want the story, not liberal progressive propaganda and attacks.

I'm sure I will hear some now.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.