Why Are Liberals Terrified of Fox News?

Old 05-15-2011, 11:51 AM
n/a

Just who is a newscaster on Fox Noise? Cavuto? Doocey? Carlson? Surely not Hannity, Susteran, O'Reilly, Beck?
Fair and balanced is not a term I would associate with any of the above.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Just exactly what network is "fair and balanced" or better yet un-biased?
Yes, I'd like to hear an answer to that one.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Gee, since when do ratings equate to truth. That's the problem with the blind followers of Fox Noise.
What's interesting is that combined they get less than 10 percent of the nation's population! Network TV news just isn't popular anymore...or even relevant.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Just who is a newscaster on Fox Noise? Cavuto? Doocey? Carlson? Surely not Hannity, Susteran, O'Reilly, Beck?
Fair and balanced is not a term I would associate with any of the above.
Don't confuse the commentators with the talking head teleprompter reading newscasters. Hannity, Beck, Van Susteran, and O'Reilly don't pretend to be anything but commentators with an avid knowledge of what is in the news.

Someone who frequently strays from the definition of a journalist and instead carries himself as a liberal activist in disguise is Matt Lauer of NBC. In an exclusive interview with Majority Leader John Boehner, Matt went much further that asking questions, as it came closer to a grilling of Boehner to push Lauer's idea of tax increases and asking Boehner if he was going to shatter Obama's "post bin Laden nations unity" with the debt ceiling debate. Luckily Mr. Boehner was too smart and knowledgable to get turned with Lauer's misrepresentation of the Bush Tax cuts and put Matt in his place.

Has Matt Lauer ever pushed Democrats on his show to explain their rampant spending. Never once has he asked a Democrat legislator on his program where the money was going to come from to pay for their new exciting bill or program. Why?? It seems he acts as a shill for the Democrat Party in trying to goad the Republican into angering constituents or making him appear indecisive and stumbling. Democrats never have to worry about that kind of embarrassment on Matt's program.

I singled out Matt Lauer but I could have just as easily named Dick Gregory or Christina Amanpour for identical actions.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-4gJ0tOgUg[/ame]
http://www.mrc.org/biasalert/2011/20110510122558.aspx
Old 05-15-2011, 03:41 PM
n/a

Default Why Are Liberals Terrified of fox News

What I find disturbing with many of the previous posts is that the authors assume, no accuse people of robotic thinking, weaklings that cannot discen for themselves a point of view as if they were Fox or CNN groupies. We have all experienced life and based on those experiences we will no doubt be drawn to those core beliefs. I have always been drawn to the business side of life and hence my career choices and my belief in capitalism. Life is sacrosant to me and hence I do not agree with abortion. these sort of things are not based on what a repoter/commentor, etc has to say but what is fundamental to me. Simply stated don't sell people short
Old 05-16-2011, 08:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
This thread is just too much. All the people who don't want to hear ideas that conflict with theirs. Knocking the news reports on Fox News that the liberal main stream media won't cover doesn't make the stories any less "news". You might not like to hear the other side of the story, and if you stick to the aforementioned liberal news networks, you won't have to. But since it's hard to debunk facts, you have to attack the bearer of the unwanted story whether it's Fox News or an contributor to this forum who's the bearer of this news.

Fox News is the only channel that will have a program where the other side of the story will get a chance to debate the topic at hand. It depends on the host how well this turns out as no one ever gets all the time they wish to keep hammering their points, but overall you get the gist of the arguments. Tune in Chris Matthews and see if the other side gets fair treatment. Bill O'Reilly's far from perfect but the left gets a better shake on his program than any conservative gets on Matthews. But these are opinion shows and you gotta take it as such.

The straight news programs are where Fox will cover a story that the liberal news organizations, in their deference to the current administration, will let sit unless it rises to the surface online or on Fox News.

The people will sort it out in the end. That's why Fox News clobbers all cable news competition combined. People want the story, not liberal progressive propaganda and attacks.

I'm sure I will hear some now.
Thank you. That was my point exactly....getting both sides. You just said it better than I.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:50 AM
n/a

Richie: If you want to understand why some people dismiss Fox News, I would recommend something to you.

Watch "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart".

Now, most of the humor, you might not like, though Obama can get raked from time to time as well. But last week, when doing a story on the controversy over the White House inviting Common to a poetry gala, Stewart and his writing team were at their best.

They showed how Fox News took Common out of context when they quoted his violent lyrics and left out the part at the end that basically said "but that's not for me". They left out that he writes childrens books and has starred in mainstream romantic comedies. They (Fox) had Common looking like 2-Live-Crew on steroids.

Then Stewart quoted other lyrics from another singer. Lyrics that included how wonderful it was to shoot and kill one's wife. Cut to Johnny Cash receiving an award from President Bush. Check out some of Cash's lyrics and they won't be pretty either - but Cash has a much wider body of work than what was quoted about Common for a moment.

But surely, Stewart asked, Fox wouldn't support someone who had such violent opinions as Common was *supposed* to have with his "burn bush" lyrics?

Next tape has Sean Hannity OUTRAGED at the White House for letting Common in. Cue the next tape (from 2008) of Ted Nugent saying that Obama should suck on a machine gun barrel and Hillary should be equally killed. Followed by the person Hannity was talking to saying "won't you repudiate that" and Hannity saying no, that he *liked* it (Nugent's lyrics). Hannity: 2008, advocating murdering Democratic Presidential candidates is ok. 2010, inviting a rapper (one of the mildest in the industry) to the White House is atrocious.

That's one example of why Fox News is so virulently hated by many.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:37 AM
n/a

DJ; while what you saying is technically true, that's not why liberal hate Fox News. Every network could be torn down with similar inconsistencies of it's commentators.

Ted Nugent can be a jerk, but he, as lots of excited flawed citizens do, uttered a stupid remark, and who hasn't. He wasn't applauded for it as was Common for his performance of his remarks, as art.

Johnny Cash came from a different time and he sang a story; related a fiction, and everyone knew it to be so. Common glorified an actual cop killer who fled the law and is hiding in a foreign land. He's praised an enemy of the United States of America. Quite a difference in my book.

Context, DJ, context.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
Yes, I'd like to hear an answer to that one.
You are right.

I watch both. They both have bias. I agree usually with one more than the other...but not always.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 AM
n/a

Spin Richie, spin!...Like a top.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Spin Richie, spin!...Like a top.
Where am I wrong? Try thinking about it for a change.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:36 PM
n/a

I know there isn't anything more important to discuss than the rapper/poet Common being invited to the White House by Michelle Obama. So, I just want to get in on this discussion and clarify one thing @RichieLion, if I may.

You said, "Common glorified an actual cop killer who fled the law and is hiding in a foreign land." Actually, Common glorified an actual cop killer, Assata Shakur, who killed a police officer in 1973. She was convicted of first degree murder, escaped from prison and is in exile.

Common also praises Kathy Boudin from the Weather Underground who went to prison for felony murder and robbery. The robbery led to her arrest in the death of multiple police officers. While in prison, Boudin's son was raised by Obama's good friend William Ayers.

I knew this information because I watch Fox News and I researched the facts with several independent sources.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:45 PM
n/a

It seems to me that there are a lot of Grasshoppers and very few Ants on this thread. I have been an ant all my life.

What I get from the government in SS is peanuts compared to what I have saved and invested.

None of the major or cable news networks ever tell the whole truth. Living on the border (Old Mexico/New Mexico) I can tell you for sure that not all the bodies found on the US side are reported.

The fense is NOT finished, the border patrol does all it can but its hands are tied by those in DC, both parties, one wants cheap labor the other wants votes.

You have to be able to find then search out the truth for youself and make informed decisions. Going all the way back to 1913, the start of the FED and going forward we have not had any true government, Of the people, For the people or By the people. The term career politican turns me off. When did public service become a career? It is only used to line their pockets at the expense of our, the working class.

Might be time for a start over as allowed by the Constitution. Maybe some of you should read that document. Interesting reading.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Where am I wrong? Try thinking about it for a change.
You know liberals don't think Richie; you've said many times I'm sure.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.