ObamaCare your thoughts

Old 11-02-2016, 06:20 AM
n/a

Arrow ObamaCare your thoughts

I realize this has little effect in TV but what about your family & friends who are experiencing now rate increases with higher deductibles.

Some states seeing rate increases on average 25% some above 100%

Hillary will continue it, how with almost no carriers I'm not sure.
her position

Bill even said it was crazy

Is imploding on it's own anyway?

Trump will repeal it, replaced with buying your coverage much like you do other insurance like home & auto but negotiate across state lines.
his position

what do you think?
Old 11-02-2016, 06:37 AM
n/a

My sons are getting hit with high premiums for their families already costing them $1700 going to $2200 a month in NY

Not on Obamacare they have private carriers (better coverage) but those carriers to have raised their rates due to Obamacare.

Before Obamacare they were paying about $1,000 month for better coverage than their current private carriers.

In NY if single with a private carriers better coverage and lower deductibles they pay $620 single going to $750
Old 11-02-2016, 06:39 AM
n/a

You can't insure the whole country when only a few work to support it. Over half the country receives some government benefit. We borrow over a $trillion ($1,000,000,000,000) every year already. The BIGGEST reason...the medical industry is GREEDY. Everything is just plain too expensive! Doctors/nurses/other medical workers are paid too much. Equipment costs too much. Drugs cost too much. They literally have your life in their hands and they know it...they charge accordingly.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
You can't insure the whole country when only a few work to support it. Over half the country receives some government benefit. We borrow over a $trillion ($1,000,000,000,000) every year already. The BIGGEST reason...the medical industry is GREEDY. Everything is just plain too expensive! Doctors/nurses/other medical workers are paid too much. Equipment costs too much. Drugs cost too much. They literally have your life in their hands and they know it...they charge accordingly.
In order to reduce premiums they would have to eliminate malpractice insurance for both medical and drugs.

Trump can't do changes except change it to Trumpcare, that's his goal.

And, he hasn't said a word about welfare, what about that.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
In order to reduce premiums they would have to eliminate malpractice insurance for both medical and drugs.

Trump can't do changes except change it to Trumpcare, that's his goal.

And, he hasn't said a word about welfare, what about that.
20% are there via affirmative action and quotas. That 20% is a huge liability. Once again...diversity destroys.

The "medical industry" kills more people each year than ANY disease/accidents.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:10 AM
n/a

The deficit this year is actually "only" $600 billion. However, it is projected to start increasing again.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2016, 08:16 AM
n/a

The medical industry wants you to think the ACA is the reason for the hike in medical care, not so. Look at this chart which predates the ACA.

The Villages Florida
Old 11-02-2016, 08:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
The deficit this year is actually "only" $600 billion. However, it is projected to start increasing again.
Oh young naive grasshopper...Clinton raided the SS "trust fund" for "his deficit busting" years. Obama had the Federal Reserve pay for his. The REAL deficit is much higher and climbing.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:23 AM
n/a

It was forecasted to be ill designed and ill implemented from the day it was forced down the American people's pocket book.

All that has happened to date is the forecasts of higher expense, higher costs, fewer providers, lessor care are all coming to pass.

Yes there are a few that benefitted like pre existing conditions and young people on policies longer. But these added to the incident rate on insurance claims hence raising the provider's cost and in return raising premiums which was forecasted and is happening.

The younger people who were supposed to flock to the doors to get insured and help offset premiums did not and is not happening.

The half billion in savings from Medicare as promised by Obama did not happen.
Keep your plan did not happen.
Keep your doctor ditto.

What more do some need to be convinced Obama care was and is a bad deal for Ameica.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:36 AM
n/a

Look, son, I am neither young nor naive. The current deficit is $600B. As I stated, it will go higher, in the future, and part of that will be cashing in SSA's special T-bills (accumulated when FICA taxes were in excess of benefits paid and the excess went into the general fund and special T-bills were issued by Treasury to SSA) at an increasing rate. But, that "cashing in" (which may result in new debt) is accounted for in the year it happens. The current value of the special T-bills is $2.6T+ and represents potential future deficits as they are cashed in each year to pay benefits. The current deficit is as I stated. The total cost of future liabilities is a big number but that is a different discussion than the current deficit. Stay on point. BTW, your comment about Obama and the Fed makes no sense. Try to stick with facts and be specific.

Quote:
Oh young naive grasshopper...Clinton raided the SS "trust fund" for "his deficit busting" years. Obama had the Federal Reserve pay for his. The REAL deficit is much higher and climbing.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:55 AM
n/a

The problem with debates on Obama Care is that most people DO NOT UNDERSTAND it.

I will try to be as brief as I can -

• First - just because someone has the plan (be it a plan from BCBS/Aetna or whom ever) does not mean that any facility has to accept that plan - period.
  • It is often far less costly for people from 18-40 to simply not have coverage and pay the "fine". Even more so for men as we dont get "yearly" exams - that are often still cheaper to cash pay than pay premiums.
  • Most states in the exchanges are simply opting out as the providers are not accepting the plans and they are going bankrupt faster than a gambling addict in Vegas.
  • Even IF you find a PCP provider - chances are you are going to wait and wait and wait.
  • Dont wonder why most people who are on the exchanges use the ED as "Primary Care" (this of course at 600% of the cost of PCP. Please note - most "walk in" clinics do not accept the exchange plans.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:21 AM
n/a

Default Re: Medical insurance

Quote:
My sons are getting hit with high premiums for their families already costing them $1700 going to $2200 a month in NY

Not on Obamacare they have private carriers (better coverage) but those carriers to have raised their rates due to Obamacare.

Before Obamacare they were paying about $1,000 month for better coverage than their current private carriers.

In NY if single with a private carriers better coverage and lower deductibles they pay $620 single going to $750
I'm NOT and Obama supporter.

We just go onto medicare and were paying 18,000 OUT OF SAVINGS for medical insurance for TWO of us.

Medical care is frankly STRANGE. You do not shop for the CHEAPEST when you need care. I've read that attys add 40% to the cost of American medical care costs. Of course this is a rough guess and depends on what you are trying to prove. But, your doctor will order fancy EXPENSIVE and perhaps with known side effects, tests to determine what he could do with a simple stethoscope. The reason-to avoid a mal practice suit. How do you choose a doctor? It is shocking to discover that almost all malpractice suits are SEALED. Your doctor that, you chose because your friend likes his personality can have been sued many times for exactly what they are doing to CARE for you. Almost all medical mal practice suits are settled and part of the settlement is the case is sealed.
Everything as complex as medicine is debatable. The person suing the doctor will have all kinds of experts and the jury, who feel sorry for you will award a ridiculous amount. SO EVEN IF THE DOCTOR IS COMPETENT, AND ACTED TOTALLY CORRECTLY-THEY WILL SETTLE THE CASE-SEAL THE CASE AND SO THERE IS NO RECORD THAT YOU CAN FIND. Of course this raises the COST of medical care. LIKE ANY BUSINESS, THE CUSTOMER-THE PATIENT PAYS OVERHEAD-IN THIS CASE HUGELY EXPENSIVE MAL-PRACTICE INSURANCE.

Another COST that we dare not mention in our politically correct world.
A person decides he would rather spend money on a bigger home, a better car, a great vacation etc. He gets hit by a car etc. DOES HE SCREAM HELP ME? OR DOES HE SCREAM-I DECIDED NOT TO BUY INSURANCE-I WILL NOT BE PAYING SO TAKE ME TO THE DUMP ALIVE OR DEAD.
You/we have to pay not only for our care but for all the people who do not and will not pay.

AS TO INSURANCE
If, you have some wealth ie SAVINGS, you are forced to have INSURANCE. YOU CANNOT OR SHOULD NOT ELECT TO SELF INSURE-PAY YOUR BILLS. Fortunately our health has been good. BUT, two years ago I spend FOUR DAYS in the villages hospital-THE BILL WAS 50,000. As I mentioned above we had paid 18,000 for private insurance
AETNA. AETNA paid 30,000 on that 50,000 bill and IT WAS ACCEPTED AS PAYMENT IN FULL. IF I DID NOT HAVE INSURANCE WHY WOULD I HAVE TO PAY 50,000 AND AETNA GETS THE SAME SERVICE AND PAYS 30,000.

CLEARLY THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN. SADLY OBAMA DID NOTHING TO ADDRESS ANY OF THE PROBLEMS-ATTYS, MULTIPLE PRICING FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANIES COMPARED TO PEOPLE WHO DECIDE TO SELF INSURE, INSISTING ON OFFERING EQUAL CARE WHETHER YOU PAY OR NOT.

Nothing is FAIR. Two people look at the same thing and there is often a debate as to what is fair. THERE IS NO EASY OR SIMPLE SOLUTION. As to OBAMACARE-the rest of the industrialized world pays HALF what we do in the UNITED STATES and their life expectancy is about the same as ours. OBAMA did not need to invent the wheel-just to see how it is done for HALF THE COST and follow what is already being done and how it is being done.

Hillary is saying more of the same. In many areas the insurance companies have discovered they are loosing money providing policies under Obamacare so they are refusing to issue the policies. Under CAPITALISM it is obvious-no competition and the price goes up. The solution is obvious-the government needs to force them to have enough people on OBAMACARE POLICIES to justify being ALLOWED to do business in the United States.

TRUMP or perhaps the Republicans dislike people being FORCED to buy insurance. PEOPLE NEED TO BE FORCED TO BE RESPONSIBLE OR MANY LIKE THAT FORMERLY HEALTHY YOUNG PERSON WALKING ACROSS THE STREET AND HIT BY A CAR SIMPLY WILL NOT BUY INSURANCE BUT WILL BUY A BIGGER HOME, CAR, BOAT ETC WITH THAT MONEY-KNOWING THAT IF THEY NEED CARE THE OTHER CITIZENS WILL BE FORCED TO PAY THEIR BILL.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
The problem with debates on Obama Care is that most people DO NOT UNDERSTAND it.

I will try to be as brief as I can -

• First - just because someone has the plan (be it a plan from BCBS/Aetna or whom ever) does not mean that any facility has to accept that plan - period.
  • It is often far less costly for people from 18-40 to simply not have coverage and pay the "fine". Even more so for men as we dont get "yearly" exams - that are often still cheaper to cash pay than pay premiums.
  • Most states in the exchanges are simply opting out as the providers are not accepting the plans and they are going bankrupt faster than a gambling addict in Vegas.
  • Even IF you find a PCP provider - chances are you are going to wait and wait and wait.
  • Dont wonder why most people who are on the exchanges use the ED as "Primary Care" (this of course at 600% of the cost of PCP. Please note - most "walk in" clinics do not accept the exchange plans.
The problem with debating ANYTHING is most people do not understand it...yet they have a strong opinion anyway!
Old 11-02-2016, 11:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
The problem with debating ANYTHING is most people do not understand it...yet they have a strong opinion anyway!
Even more so on the Internet. I love it when people on Medicare try to claim how great Obama care is....
Old 11-02-2016, 11:41 AM
n/a

Obamacare is great. For a family of 5 I paid $80/ month last year and this year my rates are staying the same. Thank you Obama, you've been an amazing President.

Tags
rate, position, increases, crazy, imploding

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.