Thr republicans have become the party the "grotesque"

Old 08-05-2017, 03:06 PM
n/a

Default Thr republicans have become the party the "grotesque"

According to longtime conservative republican commentator George Will.
The GOP has become the party of the grotesque - The Washington Post
Old 08-05-2017, 03:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Respect what George Will usually writes even if I seldom agree with it.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Accurate as far as it goes.

Will captures the truth albeit a bit local and narrow.

In my opinion, the election of Trump and that magic 30% which is greater in certain states, has released the extreme alt right, here to fore reserved for Tea Party, etc and they are going to play this to the hilt in those areas where they have folks who will listen.

While those Republicans in congress are walking a real tight rope because of Trump, they wish for a Kelly who can clean that WH up a bit and shut Trump up. His policies are not nation crushing, but his antic, his mouth and his self indulgence are and they must be shut up quickly before it is too late.

However both parties are getting so extreme. Democrats have no leader per se to give direction and are rudderless.....Republicans also have no leader but they own the WH which can be either a blessing or a curse and only time will tell.

What ever happened to the reasoned statesmen and women who were elected based on character and positions on issues, not yelling and screaming and accusing.

We do not need a Republican health bill....we do not need a Republican immigration bill.....BUT we also do not need a Democrat version of either.....we need compromise and an AMERICAN health bill and an AMERICAN immigration bill. One of my biggest complaints during the passing of the ACA was the shutting out of one party.

Who in the hell thinks that ONLY one party has ALL the answers ? Each of them do and as long as they turn their back on each other, we are doomed to just be yelling and accusing.

We need someone to pull the country, starting with our elected officials TOGETHER and quickly.

At this point each simply blames the other with no thought.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Accurate as far as it goes.

Will captures the truth albeit a bit local and narrow.

In my opinion, the election of Trump and that magic 30% which is greater in certain states, has released the extreme alt right, here to fore reserved for Tea Party, etc and they are going to play this to the hilt in those areas where they have folks who will listen.

While those Republicans in congress are walking a real tight rope because of Trump, they wish for a Kelly who can clean that WH up a bit and shut Trump up. His policies are not nation crushing, but his antic, his mouth and his self indulgence are and they must be shut up quickly before it is too late.

However both parties are getting so extreme. Democrats have no leader per se to give direction and are rudderless.....Republicans also have no leader but they own the WH which can be either a blessing or a curse and only time will tell.

What ever happened to the reasoned statesmen and women who were elected based on character and positions on issues, not yelling and screaming and accusing.

We do not need a Republican health bill....we do not need a Republican immigration bill.....BUT we also do not need a Democrat version of either.....we need compromise and an AMERICAN health bill and an AMERICAN immigration bill. One of my biggest complaints during the passing of the ACA was the shutting out of one party.

Who in the hell thinks that ONLY one party has ALL the answers ? Each of them do and as long as they turn their back on each other, we are doomed to just be yelling and accusing.

We need someone to pull the country, starting with our elected officials TOGETHER and quickly.

At this point each simply blames the other with no thought.

It is the extreme alt right and the extreme alt left that voters voted against.. They didn't vote for Donald Trump. They voted against the extremism that was being offered. Many did not want the tyranny of the liberal political correctness where someone could not say a thing without being accussed of racism or bigotry or lack of compassion. Voters didn't want the very, very, conservative Christian right telling them the same thing on the other extreme.

Donald Trump wasn't and still isn't easy to take at the very least, but no one owns him. Most Americans wanted immigration changed or at least the laws followed and most Americans are not wanting Islamic Extremism on their soil. The voters were also sick of pie in the sky greenism that told the truth but had no realistic thing to do about global warming but to go to another country and throw our money out the window while all the others let us. There are many silent people who go to vote and don't march, protest or say much.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
It is the extreme alt right and the extreme alt left that voters voted against.. They didn't vote for Donald Trump. They voted against the extremism that was being offered. Many did not want the tyranny of the liberal political correctness where someone could not say a thing without being accussed of racism or bigotry or lack of compassion. Voters didn't want the very, very, conservative Christian right telling them the same thing on the other extreme.

Donald Trump wasn't and still isn't easy to take at the very least, but no one owns him. Most Americans wanted immigration changed or at least the laws followed and most Americans are not wanting Islamic Extremism on their soil. The voters were also sick of pie in the sky greenism that told the truth but had no realistic thing to do about global warming but to go to another country and throw our money out the window while all the others let us. There are many silent people who go to vote and don't march, protest or say much.
I could not disagree more with your premise.

The alt right, extremist are now in power and if you cannot see it, you are one of them.

Gracie, there is a middle ground...pontificating immigration instead of legislating change is extremism. Attacking all the concepts of this country is extremism..SEE BANNON. You just cannot see what this man is doing to this country. It is EXTREME RIGHT WING, CONSPIRACY THEORY in spades. There has been so much damage done to our presidency, it is hard to measure.

I realize you think that I have that syndrome that Rubicon speaks of daily, but I would feel the same way about extreme liberalism. This President is trampling all over our democracy.

That does not make me an extremist liberal. You like to believe your faith in Trump is patriotic. It is the opposite totally, as would be extremism from the other side.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
I could not disagree more with your premise.

The alt right, extremist are now in power and if you cannot see it, you are one of them.

Gracie, there is a middle ground...pontificating immigration instead of legislating change is extremism. Attacking all the concepts of this country is extremism..SEE BANNON. You just cannot see what this man is doing to this country. It is EXTREME RIGHT WING, CONSPIRACY THEORY in spades. There has been so much damage done to our presidency, it is hard to measure.

I realize you think that I have that syndrome that Rubicon speaks of daily, but I would feel the same way about extreme liberalism. This President is trampling all over our democracy.

That does not make me an extremist liberal. You like to believe your faith in Trump is patriotic. It is the opposite totally, as would be extremism from the other side.

You don't know what I think Bucco, because you are too busy not listening and leaping to irrational conclusions. I didn't like the Republican or the Democrat party and the choices they offered. I didn't like that some punk kid could have been the ex president's son. I don't like the hate. I didn't like anything about Hillary Clinton, (Or Sarah Palin for that matter) I didn't like the preacher boys the Republicans offered, they all wore dumb shoes. I don't love Donald Trump and I think he is an old fashioned macho man, but I stand with a good deal he wants done..
Old 08-05-2017, 05:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
You don't know what I think Bucco, because you are too busy not listening and leaping to irrational conclusions. I didn't like the Republican or the Democrat party and the choices they offered. I didn't like that some punk kid could have been the ex president's son. I don't like the hate. I didn't like anything about Hillary Clinton, (Or Sarah Palin for that matter) I didn't like the preacher boys the Republicans offered, they all wore dumb shoes. I don't love Donald Trump and I think he is an old fashioned macho man, but I stand with a good deal he wants done..
You don't like hate, but love Trump spouting hate for anyone and anything that he disagrees with.

You don't like hate, but support his firing of 3 hardworking justice employees because they are investigating him.

You don't like hate but support his many anti American accusations against not only patriotic servants who work for our country, but actually accusing an ex President of a felony.

Donald Trump is not an old fashioned anything. He has been involved in money laundering, and I have heard his voice demeaning two of his three wives publicly, and in the most explicit degrading manner. I have heard him bragging about sleeping with others wives. You will find as time marches on, he is not, never was a successful business man. I have heard him making up names to hide behind to get others.

I will take what you call "preach boys" any day if the week over someone I cannot believe nor trust, who feels it is just fine to embarrass our country on an international stage, who would talk to young Boy Scouts in such a disgusting manner.

Your value system is surely not the same as mine. I value ethics, and honesty...you think that is being a "preachy boy"

You find me irrational, yet support a person who is delusional even by the opinions of his biographers. You find me irrational, but support opinions on here that began with lies, either in Fox or sites like the Russian links often given. You find me irrational because I support our country, it's institutions and believe in statesmanship. You find me irrational basically because I cannot support an extremely irrational man, who instead of leading our country like a President would lead young boys in chants maligning others.

You find those actions rational, we can never agree.

By the way..you won't respond but what does this mean from your post...."I didn't like that some punk kid could have been the ex Presidents son". What does that mean
Old 08-05-2017, 06:35 PM
n/a

GRACIE....you make my point for me. If my assumption is right, THIS IS CLASSIC ALT RIGHT CONSPIRACY THEORY., but then again, I am irrational as accused by Gracie

Since I do not frequent the junk heap of websites, I never realized that the remark you made in seriousness about an ex Presidents son, or as you said..."some young punk kid could have been the ex Presidents son". Then again, Gracie did not like hate...hmmm

Either you refer to Jeb Bush in a strange manner, or as I suspect you refer to a SATIRE piece about an OBama son.

As I said, won't even try to compete with the insane erratic alt right extremists conspiracy theories.

Rubicon actually used the Onion as a source as I think you are doing here, and I suggest both of you listen up to reality. You are living in one of those alternate realities that Trump has created his entire life, do you not miss reality ?

If you refer to a satire piece, you have reached the basement...if I am wrong please correct and I will apologize.

The use of the word "grotesque" might be correct

For those who may not be aware...ONION is a satire site. They are like Saturday Night Live online. A few Trump supporters actually believe what they read on this site WHEN IT DEMEANS SOMEONE and have referenced it as truth. This is maybe the link to what Gracie is speaking of in her post. Obama's 19-Year-Old Son Makes Rare Appearance At DNC - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Again, if shown wrong I will apologize but as they say...this ain't the first time.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
You don't like hate, but love Trump spouting hate for anyone and anything that he disagrees with.

You don't like hate, but support his firing of 3 hardworking justice employees because they are investigating him.

You don't like hate but support his many anti American accusations against not only patriotic servants who work for our country, but actually accusing an ex President of a felony.

Donald Trump is not an old fashioned anything. He has been involved in money laundering, and I have heard his voice demeaning two of his three wives publicly, and in the most explicit degrading manner. I have heard him bragging about sleeping with others wives. You will find as time marches on, he is not, never was a successful business man. I have heard him making up names to hide behind to get others.

I will take what you call "preach boys" any day if the week over someone I cannot believe nor trust, who feels it is just fine to embarrass our country on an international stage, who would talk to young Boy Scouts in such a disgusting manner.

Your value system is surely not the same as mine. I value ethics, and honesty...you think that is being a "preachy boy"

You find me irrational, yet support a person who is delusional even by the opinions of his biographers. You find me irrational, but support opinions on here that began with lies, either in Fox or sites like the Russian links often given. You find me irrational because I support our country, it's institutions and believe in statesmanship. You find me irrational basically because I cannot support an extremely irrational man, who instead of leading our country like a President would lead young boys in chants maligning others.

You find those actions rational, we can never agree.

By the way..you won't respond but what does this mean from your post...."I didn't like that some punk kid could have been the ex Presidents son". What does that mean
While you continue to nail the POTUS for being the malignant narcissist that he is, I almost missed Graceless' ignorant 'punk kid' comment... if you had not pointed it out.

It's obvious why GG needs to have a little clique and 600+ friends on here, as she is extremely insecure in her own limited knowledge of anything of substance and she's about as smart as a dull rock...when it comes to anything approaching an intellectual level.

But I am totally baffled and intrigued by her statement...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceless
I didn't like that some punk kid could have been the ex president's son.
So come on GG, come back and explain exactly what you meant by such an ignorant and asinine comment and tell us of whom you were referencing...if you dare.

Especially given that the FLOTUS could easily be said, to be a publicity slut who has no problem taking her clothes off...for magazines and the world.

More than likely though, you'll be seeking help from a blizzard of PM's to your bully clique and hope they change the subject and try to chum with red herring...because you are loony tunes for even saying such a stupid thing.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:21 PM
n/a

I took Gracie's remark to be about Obama's comments about Trayvon Martin.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:07 AM
n/a

Question Not anything?

Quote:
A person who "didn't like anything" about Sarah Palin must not be a man.

Carl in Tampa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sarah Palin.jpg (53.8 KB, 31 views)
Old 08-06-2017, 05:07 AM
n/a

Default The Nation suffers Loss Of Leadership

"The Republicans have become the party of the grotesque" the topic

The fact of the matter is politics is grotesque, always has been and always will be.

But what is different now is that all politicians devise/drive policy decisions based on the polls (purely for self interests) and that in itself is sheer madness. To truly serve "we the people"has been lost in the equation

so what is different now is that this nation has no real leaders in either party. A leader brings people together to make coherent and responsible policies that advance a nation. a true leader serves people and purpose and not self interests

The choice facing voters in 2016 was between bad and worse. Voters choice was a signal for a change in direction.

All governments are immoral, that is, not concerned about right or wrong but only in control and power.
The difference is on how they go about controlling their citizens ( force, regulations, hand outs, etc).

The American Establishment ( Deep State/Federal Government/Globalist) did not want Trump elected because he preaches nationalism capitalism, removal of regulations, etc all the things that make it more difficult for a government to control people.

And so they pit people against themselves to keep them occupied while they go about their plans to gain tighter control. Its all noise to obfuscate their true intent.

And as freedoms are lost the succeeding generations know no better because you can't miss what you never had

The founding fathers have to be turning over in their graves watching today's politician sabotaging our Article of Freedom Declaration of Independence, US Constitution and Bill of Rights

Essentially we are witnessing the end product of the dumbing down of America that began in the 1960's

Personal Best Regards:
Old 08-06-2017, 07:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
I took Gracie's remark to be about Obama's comments about Trayvon Martin.
Oh, I am sorry then.

I didn't think she was speaking of the dead punk kid killed FIVE years ago as a reason for voting one way or another.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:33 AM
n/a

Quote:

Carl in Tampa
Better this:

The Villages Florida

Than that:

The Villages Florida

Quote:
"The Republicans have become the party of the grotesque" the topic

The fact of the matter is politics is grotesque, always has been and always will be.

But what is different now is that all politicians devise/drive policy decisions based on the polls (purely for self interests) and that in itself is sheer madness. To truly serve "we the people"has been lost in the equation

so what is different now is that this nation has no real leaders in either party. A leader brings people together to make coherent and responsible policies that advance a nation. a true leader serves people and purpose and not self interests

The choice facing voters in 2016 was between bad and worse. Voters choice was a signal for a change in direction.

All governments are immoral, that is, not concerned about right or wrong but only in control and power.
The difference is on how they go about controlling their citizens ( force, regulations, hand outs, etc).

The American Establishment ( Deep State/Federal Government/Globalist) did not want Trump elected because he preaches nationalism capitalism, removal of regulations, etc all the things that make it more difficult for a government to control people.

And so they pit people against themselves to keep them occupied while they go about their plans to gain tighter control. Its all noise to obfuscate their true intent.

And as freedoms are lost the succeeding generations know no better because you can't miss what you never had

The founding fathers have to be turning over in their graves watching today's politician sabotaging our Article of Freedom Declaration of Independence, US Constitution and Bill of Rights

Essentially we are witnessing the end product of the dumbing down of America that began in the 1960's

Personal Best Regards:
Stemming from the change in America's policies. That is when the immigration policy changed from bringing in whites to blacks/browns. That is when the slow decay of America began.

Now we are 50:50 and #25 in the world...didn't equality and diversity work out grandly?
Old 08-06-2017, 08:22 AM
n/a

Quote:

Carl in Tampa
You're right, Carl, the poster wasn't a man. Just to give you a heads up if you don't already know, by hitting "QUOTE POST" on any post in a thread it redirects you to a page where you can see the last 10 posts with poster names revealed.

Btw, welcome to the political forum. You are breath of fresh air here. Keep posting!

Tags
commentator, conservative, republican, george, longtime

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.