Why No Web-Site for the 224 613 Project...

Old 01-12-2018, 10:05 AM
n/a

Default Why No Web-Site for the 224 613 Project...

... because the whole point of the project is to have links from a local community's libraries and law enforcement web-sites to the LOCAL resources for survivors/victims of crimes and the mentally ill in that specific community. I would no know what or whom to contact in Fargo, ND for this group?

And these contacts change quickly. Criminals and how they commit crimes evolve at a very quick rate because of technology.

What would be useful in the Villages also develops.

I would like to see many sheriff's offices and libraries with links like these. Washoe County Sheriff's Office - Northern Nevada's Full Service Law Enforcement Agency
Old 01-12-2018, 02:44 PM
n/a

If that's the case what better way to communicate to the mass library market or the police forces than to have a website where you could direct them to the types of books and articles you would like to see in their libraries and websites?

You could keep the information that you want to convey much more up to date on a website that thousands could access than on a few posts in a political forum that just about nobody reads. The increase in exposure could only help the demographic you wish to reach.

You're holding yourself and your project back by not having a website. Another plus of having your own website is access control. If you start getting trolled you could simply ban them.

There is no downside to having a website. Get over your fear and just do it. You have connections at colleges. I'm sure there are plenty of students who would love to get on board with a project like yours for the extra credit alone.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:13 PM
n/a

Wait, why is this stupid thing on the political forum? No one cares about it, and how many years old is this stupid and childish rant of a paper been going on? I guess the author of it has never heard the saying about repeating something over and over again and getting the exact same results. Delusional is another word for it.

Someone send me a PM when this forum starts taking political discussion seriously. What a waste!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
If that's the case what better way to communicate to the mass library market or the police forces than to have a website where you could direct them to the types of books and articles you would like to see in their libraries and websites?

You could keep the information that you want to convey much more up to date on a website that thousands could access than on a few posts in a political forum that just about nobody reads. The increase in exposure could only help the demographic you wish to reach.

You're holding yourself and your project back by not having a website. Another plus of having your own website is access control. If you start getting trolled you could simply ban them.

There is no downside to having a website. Get over your fear and just do it. You have connections at colleges. I'm sure there are plenty of students who would love to get on board with a project like yours for the extra credit alone.
Tal, there are some very good and valid points in this post. You really should consider them. It would give you something constructive to do that may very well be a positive direction for your project. It's got to beat hanging around here and taking abuse on this forum.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:02 AM
n/a

Still no website?
Old 01-13-2018, 10:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Still no website?
Two.

http://s89.photobucket.com/user/talt...?sort=3&page=1

snopes.com: When tinfoil hats aren't enough

Tags
local, crimes, project, quickly, contacts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.