Why is Obama pursuing an agreement with Iran?

Old 03-22-2015, 09:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Basic Logic 101 is all you need to draw a conclusion from the data provided.
Thank you for the direction!
I was, however, interested in YOUR conclusion.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:16 PM
n/a

It is comforting to know what is going on in the country with whom you are negotiating.

First of all two days ago our President called for "Iran to return four U.S. citizens who are imprisoned or missing there, including a former U.S. Marine and a Washington Post reporter.

The president’s words come as the U.S., Iran, and other world powers are working to reach a nuclear agreement by the end of March."

Obama urges release of US prisoners in Iran | TheHill

THEY HAVE AMERICAN PRISONERS.

Then today we hear more....

"Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran’s supreme leader, tweeted his outrage Saturday over talks with the U.S. over his nation’s nuclear weapons research.

“We reject fraudulent offer of reaching w #Iran first than lifting sanctions,” Khamenei tweeted. “Lifting sanctions is a part of deal, not its outcome.”

Ayatollah: Iran nuke talks 'fraudulent' | TheHill

THEN, at a rally the Supreme Leader......

"Iran’s Supreme leader Ali Khamenei called for “Death to America” on Saturday, a day after President Barack Obama appealed to Iran to seize a “historic opportunity” for a nuclear deal and a better future, and as US Secretary of State John Kerry claimed substantial progress toward an accord.

"Khamenei told a crowd in Tehran that Iran would not capitulate to Western demands. When the crowd started shouting, “Death to America,” the ayatollah responded: “Of course yes, death to America, because America is the original source of this pressure.

Read more: Khamenei calls 'Death to America' as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal | The Times of Israel Khamenei calls 'Death to America' as Kerry hails progress on nuke deal | The Times of Israel
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook

Top flight resume for those we are going to trust and speaking of that.....the President always talks about how the pressures from our sanctions brought the Iranians to the table.....it seems we have had a covert action to sabatoge as much as possible the buying of uranium, etc and that even if we have a deal, we will need to continue to have that in place...

"But if negotiators succeed in reaching a deal with Iran, does the huge, covert sabotage effort by the United States, Israel and some European allies come to an end?"

Sabotage, subterfuge bolster U.S. position in Iran nuke talks | The Seattle Times

We embrace this country, who by everyones admission is a country that supports terrorism and we turn our back on an ally, Israel.

Why did we turn our back on Israel ? Because our President, who said he is not and will not be involved in the politics of Israel, is ticked off by comments made during a political campaign in Israel.

The premise of this thread is a question asking why the President is doing this with Iran. He knows, we all know they are not to be trusted and they are not and will not be allied of ours at any time....Iran has said it, the director of the CIA has said it.

Admirable as it might be to strike a deal, because of the players involved, it strikes me as a no win situation, and while it might be somewhat politically savvy to turn our backs on Israel, that is a big mistake, especially given the circumstances that prompted the lastest outburst.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:39 AM
n/a

Well said and spot on....this is scary to me...

"Let’s get this straight. Benjamin Netanyahu, the elected head of government of a US ally, defies Obama on a policy that impacts Israel’s security, then apologizes for it, and yet is considered someone who lacks credibility. However, when the head of state of a nation that has sponsored terrorism for decades openly says, “Death to America,” the Obama administration shrugs off the statement as mere domestic politics and considers him a credible partner for peace.

We are truly through the looking glass with this President.

It has become abundantly clear that Obama wants a deal for the sake of claiming a foreign policy achievement, no matter what the cost, and no matter what it does to our allies, especially Israel."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-ob...091500684.html
Old 03-26-2015, 10:59 PM
n/a

When I read the latest from the continual capitulation aka "negotiations" with Iran ... it's finally beginning to make sense as to what we're seeing and why.

Obama is conducting strategic jihad against the United States
Old 03-26-2015, 11:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Obama is aiding and abetting his muslim brothers so that they can speed up the overtake of this country. Plain and simple!!
The more info that leaks out of this alleged negotiated agreement - the more I think you are correct! This article makes it seem that this is the final piece in Obama's puzzled way of eliminating Israel and transforming America!
U.S. Caves to Key Iranian Demands as Nuke Deal Comes Together | Washington Free Beacon

But fear not - Obama is golfing down the road in Palm City this weekend at the Floridian course!
Old 03-26-2015, 11:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
The more info that leaks out of this alleged negotiated agreement - the more I think you are correct! This article makes it seem that this is the final piece in Obama's puzzled way of eliminating Israel and transforming America!
U.S. Caves to Key Iranian Demands as Nuke Deal Comes Together | Washington Free Beacon

But fear not - Obama is golfing down the road in Palm City this weekend at the Floridian course!
Beyond a shadow of any doubt, Obama's interest is in making a deal allowing him to puff up and say see I did it. He could care less what is given in ti Iran in the process. He is endangering the Middle East and the rest of the world.
Obama and Kerry.......our centuries Laurel & Hardy!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:19 AM
n/a

I have searched my heart for a positive outcome to these negotiations, yet the best comparison I can come up with would be to capture a 12 foot alligator, then bring it into your living room with the intention of creating a living companion. I don't see any favorable end to this game.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:31 AM
n/a

Dear Guest:

The OP's question was why is Obama pursuing an agreement with Iran?
I like concise objective answers. The only person who has Obama's ear, including his wife, is Valerie Jarrett. Guess where Valerie Jarrett was born Shiraz, Iran.

Obama cannot keep track of Iran's oil tankers that are circumventing American sanctions and Obama thinks he can keep track of Iran's nuclear bomb progression. Now that is plain conceit. There are a number of well placed Muslims in the Obama Administration that have resulted in a dramatic and ill-conceived shift toward Iran our enemy since the 1970's and Israel, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordon etc who provide security in the middle east. Obama's policies or lack thereof have created the mess now found in the middle east.

I would not bother arguing if Obama is or is not a muslim because you either believe or do not believe this to be true. However, whether it is true or not true by word,deed action and his pen and phone he is strongly in mind and spirit muslim
Old 03-27-2015, 06:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Guest:

I like concise objective answers. The only person who has Obama's ear, including his wife, is Valerie Jarrett. Guess where Valerie Jarrett was born Shiraz, Iran.

Obama cannot keep track of Iran's oil tankers that are circumventing American sanctions and Obama thinks he can keep track of Iran's nuclear bomb progression. Now that is plain conceit. There are a number of well placed Muslims in the Obama Administration that have resulted in a dramatic and ill-conceived shift toward Iran our enemy since the 1970's and Israel, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordon etc who provide security in the middle east. Obama's policies or lack thereof have created the mess now found in the middle east.

I would not bother arguing if Obama is or is not a muslim because you either believe or do not believe this to be true. However, whether it is true or not true by word,deed action and his pen and phone he is strongly in mind and spirit muslim
P.S. and you can take that to the bank.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-27-2015, 10:15 AM
n/a

Just how much confidence does this report generate:

Absolutely none.

Very poor negotiating position when one does not have an option to walk away if it does not meet the goals intended.

I challenge even the hard line supporters of Obama to espouse why anyone would subscribe to continuing negotiations in light of what IS NOT being achieved.

It would be helpful to know what the goal is as well.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
I have searched my heart for a positive outcome to these negotiations, yet the best comparison I can come up with would be to capture a 12 foot alligator, then bring it into your living room with the intention of creating a living companion. I don't see any favorable end to this game.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Guest:

I used to think talking about Obama being a Muslim was far fetched ... your post puts it into perspective. Irrespective of his stated affiliation we have only his actions to assess. They are on Iran, clearly heading towards a catastrophic path and even many Dems now acknowledge that even if not openly.

Allowing Iran to develop a nuke means nuclear jihad at some point for our kids and grandkids. WTF ?? In addition an abdication of leadership has the Middle East falling into radical Islam while we inexplicably degrade our ally Israel

Reagardless of whether Obama prays to Jesus or Allah, the balance of power is shifting to Iran and America is losing

So the question is what do we do about it? Just watch it happen of take some positive action?
Old 03-27-2015, 03:38 PM
n/a

Why have Israel as an ally?

They have attacked a US warship and killed US sailors.

They are one of the main causes of our mid-East trouble.

They provide no goods or products for us.

No oil in Israel for us.

Billions of dollars in foreign aid with no thank you.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Why have Israel as an ally?

They have attacked a US warship and killed US sailors.

They are one of the main causes of our mid-East trouble.

They provide no goods or products for us.

No oil in Israel for us.

Billions of dollars in foreign aid with no thank you.

The GOP Jewish congressional caucus should be taking a look at this. Oh wait, there are no GOP Jewish congress people since Eric Cantor lost his seat in the primary.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
The GOP Jewish congressional caucus should be taking a look at this. Oh wait, there are no GOP Jewish congress people since Eric Cantor lost his seat in the primary.
But plenty of Jews serving in congress on the democratic side, both in the house and senate.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.