Working and Studs Terkels 1974 book.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:57 AM
n/a

Default Working and Studs Terkels 1974 book.

'Working' Then And Now: Studs Terkel's Book Interviews Resurface As Audio : NPR

I recall really enjoying the book Working by Studs Terkel.

But some of us have been denied the opportunity to do what we were trained for according to any number of factors.

So throwing ourselves into some massive hobby or love may be our only recourse to really express ourselves.

What were some of your favorite work and/or love/hobby endeavors.

My first job was pumping gas in Reno, Nevada for an afternoon or so while helping out a relative of a friend when I was around 14 or 15 in 1974 of 1975. The relative of the friend owned the gas station and needed workers that day.

Did a lot of work in senior care which I am still doing from around 1977 onward. Lawn care. Food service. Abstracting-Indexing for TrendTrac in Boulder, CO and then Information Access Company in Belmont, CA. Work in libraries at the U of Denver, Englewood Public Library, Minneapolis Public Library, and the U of MN Law Library. Prisoner aid at the U of MN Law School for inmates at the Minnesota Correctional Facility-- Stillwater.

Volunteering at the Palm Harbor Library and the East Lake Community Library in Palm Harbor, Library.

And of course my love the 224 613 Project which I have been doing since January 1991 but not using those two numbers until December of 1992 when I just started my 17 week study on stress on the unemployed conducted by the University of California, San Francisco Health Sciences Campus. I was subject 613. 224 is my birthday and the day that my then Earl Wooster High School teacher Mrs. Barbara Mitchell's daughter Michelle was murdered near the University of Nevada, Reno probably by Rodney Halbower whose trial for other murders start in San Jose, CA in August 21, 2017. Trial date set for suspect in Gypsy Hill killings

Tags
friend, work

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.