are you open minded to proven political thoughts???

Old 03-30-2017, 06:54 AM
n/a

Default are you open minded to proven political thoughts???

Are you locked into your political views, is there anything that might change your mind. Please note that no political view has been mentioned.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:13 AM
n/a

J, This to you personally...I still think that people become more moderate as they age. We become more realistic about dreams and goals and more practical about what can be accomplished and what should be accomplished.

That is why I asked when a certain woman was going to become a Conservative on the other Forum.

Most of us know that carbon pollutes the air, but unless we get all the world's people to stop driving cars and manufacturing things, which is NOT likely, it is ****ing in the wind. Most of us either hope or believe that scientists with find a way to harness this awful march toward extinction.

You ask if people reading this are open minded to proven political thoughts and that of course depends what thoughts .How are they proven, who proves them and where does the money come from to establish their proof? Would one of them be that all men are created equal? Well they are not, sadly nor are women and even worse babies. But all of the above are created valuable and (hopefully) loved by their families. Laws exist to protect the vulnerable, the broken and the innocent but we cannot legislate morality or kindness or fairness. Life and the world is not fair. We need to find strength to face it, and that usually lies in working hard in order to have money enough to fix what can be fixed and enough to protect us from further harm.

Now what EXACTLY did you want to know?
Old 03-30-2017, 08:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Are you locked into your political views, is there anything that might change your mind. Please note that no political view has been mentioned.
I have found myself changing quite a bit over the years, especially the last 10 or so.

Unlike your previous response, I do not see my views as having to do with money or riches, but will concede that maybe age is related.

My problem is, and maybe this is just me being stubborn....I have always resisted extremism. I find it impossible in my mind to believe that one side or the other is always right or always wrong.

Today, that is what has happened. You are considered a bad person (or as your 1st responder once posted to me...very dissappointing) if you shy away from labels, or any kind of extremism.

I started out active in the Democratic Party, became a Republican because of one issue that was being parlayed by the Democrats and stayed an active Republican until this most recent uprising and election.

I am now an independent and view each issue in that manner. i do not feel obligated to like or dislike anyone or any group and make that decision for myself.

So, I have changed in that way, but the extremism now across the country is scary to me. ALL of anything is impossible, and that is where we are.

If you read this forum enough, you will find labels are the common thing...perhaps to make it easy to post, but i suspect more than likely to mask deep rooted "isms". I just find it difficult to put people in catagories and then hate them or do not trust them. I am an individual and hope I am judged by my actions, and thus I owe that same thing to anyone else. I fear no Muslim, because I have no reason to do that....terrorism is not Muslim...Muslim is used to label terrorism, both by us and by the terrorists. I fear nobody or hate nobody because of their skin color, and refuse to label another human being by just observing his or her skin color. That does not make me a "bleeding heart"...that makes me human.

I feel great now with my independent thinking, because you can get locked in mentally with an affliation with a party.

Great question by the way and something many should think seriously about.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
I have found myself changing quite a bit over the years, especially the last 10 or so.

Unlike your previous response, I do not see my views as having to do with money or riches, but will concede that maybe age is related.

My problem is, and maybe this is just me being stubborn....I have always resisted extremism. I find it impossible in my mind to believe that one side or the other is always right or always wrong.

Today, that is what has happened. You are considered a bad person (or as your 1st responder once posted to me...very dissappointing) if you shy away from labels, or any kind of extremism.

I started out active in the Democratic Party, became a Republican because of one issue that was being parlayed by the Democrats and stayed an
active Republican until this most recent uprising and election.

I am now an independent and view each issue in that manner. i do not feel obligated to like or dislike anyone or any group and make that decision for myself.

So, I have changed in that way, but the extremism now across the country is scary to me. ALL of anything is impossible, and that is where we are.

If you read this forum enough, you will find labels are the common thing...perhaps to make it easy to post, but i suspect more than likely to mask deep rooted "isms". I just find it difficult to put people in catagories and then hate them or do not trust them. I am an individual and hope I am judged by my actions, and thus I owe that same thing to anyone else. I fear no Muslim, because I have no reason to do that....terrorism is not Muslim...Muslim is used to label terrorism, both by us and by the terrorists. I fear nobody or hate nobody because of their skin color, and refuse to label another human being by just observing his or her skin color. That does not make me a "bleeding heart"...that makes me human.

I feel great now with my independent thinking, because you can get locked in mentally with an affliation with a party.

Great question by the way and something many should think seriously about.
Bravo, and an even BETTER answer! Would you consider running for President?
Old 03-30-2017, 09:44 AM
n/a

I hope he does run for president...he will discover how few people share his opinions.
I could only imagine his TV ads...30 seconds of non stop whining and of course plenty of copy and paste paragraphs, in bold, that he has decided you must read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2017, 09:45 AM
n/a

Obviously Goofy Stein could be his running mate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2017, 10:35 AM
n/a

Post 5 and 6 certainly are manifestation of a closed mind and extremism, ie. attacking anyone verbally that they feel does not agree with their beliefs, whatever they might be. I am convinced they have no beliefs except hate

They really think, although they have been corrected a number of times, that us independents voted for Stein.

One more time....I voted for Evan McMullin as I think he is a true patriot, but mostly because I objected to the two main candidateS.

Trump, by the way has fulfilled all my fears....under investigation on several fronts.....playing the cover up game already in this presidency.....and of course destroying the American Presidency across the globe while attacking free speech, almost daily, blaming anyone and everyone for his screw ups, and basically following the Steve Bannon playbook.

I am proud of my vote, and proud to say I left the Republican party mainly because they totally abandoned that party's pledge to moral values. I get that most leaders debunked the morals of the President, but they, for their political life, had to embrace his presidency.

We will see where it goes. As I said, I am happy with my choice. I support some of what he proposes for sure, but then again, he is backing down on EVERY single "chant" he brought to the campaign. The EO's are from Bannon and his influence and sway continue.

Again, I will address on issue at a time, but it does not seem that will be on here, because discussing issues on here seem to always lead to a racial discourse of hate of some kind. I am convinced that most on here have totally lost the ability to read and comprehend.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:24 PM
n/a

A great indicator of my point about republicans becoming a party of extremists, and getting more white each year.

This is from a Gallup poll showing the increase in popularity of Putin.

"A major reason for the overall rise in Putin's favorable rating this year is Republicans' more positive views of the Russian leader, from 12% in 2015 to 32% today."

Putin's Image Rises in US, Mostly Among Republicans | Gallup
Old 03-30-2017, 06:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
A great indicator of my point about republicans becoming a party of extremists, and getting more white each year.

This is from a Gallup poll showing the increase in popularity of Putin.

"A major reason for the overall rise in Putin's favorable rating this year is Republicans' more positive views of the Russian leader, from 12% in 2015 to 32% today."

Putin's Image Rises in US, Mostly Among Republicans | Gallup

There is nothing wrong with being white. No choice was made. Nothing wrong with being old. No choice was made. Nothing wrong with being tall. No choice was made. Get where I'm going? Don't try to shame people for the way they are, that is a form of bigotry, itself.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceless
There is nothing wrong with being white. No choice was made. Nothing wrong with being old. No choice was made. Nothing wrong with being tall. No choice was made. Get where I'm going? Don't try to shame people for the way they are, that is a form of bigotry, itself.
You're not even intelligent enough to comprehend...what Rocky was saying?

He isn't denigrating anyone for what they are, he's simply pointing out the 'Lemming Factor' that you Trump cultists now have a better view of a very nasty killer (Putin)...simply because Chump said good things about him.

Gawd...how can you be so dense?

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 03-30-2017, 06:49 PM
n/a

Default are you open minded to proven political thoughts???

Getting a little tired of the formulated same old tired pseudo wit. Same structure most of the time. Again, it's getting real old.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Getting a little tired of the formulated same old tired pseudo wit. Same structure most of the time. Again, it's getting real old.
Please expand.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Please expand.
insult
obtuse statement
insult
vapid insincere dismissive closing

I think he's an AI computer algorithm running on TRS-80.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Please expand.

Think goshen geek to wit, too old and/or insincere seeking only a win.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:31 PM
n/a

Aggressiveness through obtuse and obfuscated passiveness.

Got it.

Tags
change, mind, political, proven, thoughts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.