Course conditions?

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2017, 09:06 AM
Default Course conditions?

From my view from up north (New Jersey), it appears you have gotten plenty of rain this summer. Has the condition of the courses improved significantly since I left in the spring (after a very dry winter/spring). I'm hoping I will be pleasantly surprised when I return in October.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:59 AM
Gold member

Over the past two weeks I've played Palmer (Laurel only - rained out on the back), Lopez (Ashley to Torri), Cane Garden (Hibiscus to Allamanda), Glenview (Talley Ho to Stirrup), and Havana (Kilimanjaro to Kenya). All were in very nice condition with medium speed smooth greens, and the fairways are the best condition I've seen in my five years here. Unfortunately the rough has benefited from all of the rain and it is high enough to hide your ball in many places, especially on Palmer. Note that they are currently at the end of the semi-annual aerating of the greens, with Belle Glade scheduled today and Lopez tomorrow, but you said you are returning in October, so your timing should be pretty good. They all should be healed up in less than a month.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednetdl View Post
From my view from up north (New Jersey), it appears you have gotten plenty of rain this summer. Has the condition of the courses improved significantly since I left in the spring (after a very dry winter/spring). I'm hoping I will be pleasantly surprised when I return in October.
Yes- in most cases
Old 08-31-2017, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

Its all in the eye of the beholder (player) you are going to get the good and bad opinions.
That's all they are opinions..........................
Old 08-31-2017, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,484 Times in 1,900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Its all in the eye of the beholder (player) you are going to get the good and bad opinions.
Right, but Bogie...when things are quiet? The grass is lookin' pretty good..........around here. But just wait. Dormant season is coming. Horrors.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Gold member
Default No...not quite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
there are good green conditions and bad green conditions. The same for fairways and tees. It has nothing to do with someones personal perception unless our course conditions are being compared to Augusta National type courses.

There are though, people whose expectations will never be met and their opinions have nothing to do with reality.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
there are good green conditions and bad green conditions. The same for fairways and tees. It has nothing to do with someones personal perception unless our course conditions are being compared to Augusta National type courses.

There are though, people whose expectations will never be met and their opinions have nothing to do with reality.
Like I said...........
Old 08-31-2017, 09:24 PM
Bosoxfan

Love,love,love that there's an actual distinction between the fairways and the ruff. Best conditions I've seen in the 8 plus years we've been here.I can only tell you about Mallory, Tierra ,Havana, Evans Prairie & Glenview.They are all in great shape .
Old 09-02-2017, 07:01 AM

Thank you all for the replies. Sounds like they have improved greatly, really looking forward to getting back down there!
Closed Thread

Tags
left, dry, spring, winter/spring, surprised

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.