Belmont course

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2018, 09:12 AM
Default Belmont course

The greens are in terrible condition at Belmont.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf47guy View Post
Didn't know which of your duplicate threads to respond to, so picked this one.
Your feelings should be expressed to;
Eric Van Gorder, Director of Executive golf Maintenance.
eric.vangorder@districtgov.org or 352-753-3396.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:40 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Didn't know which of your duplicate threads to respond to, so picked this one.
Your feelings should be expressed to;
Eric Van Gorder, Director of Executive golf Maintenance.
eric.vangorder@districtgov.org or 352-753-3396.
Or, they could assume that a sub-forum of TOTV called "Course Conditions" would be a good place to give fellow members a "heads up".

Last edited by Rapscallion St Croix; 06-26-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:42 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,298 Times in 536 Posts
Default Spelling

Likely spell check did that. OP, plays on a golf course. Thanks anyway.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:32 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf47guy View Post
Thanks for the warning. The greens on hilltop were just punched and sanded.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I played Pimlico and Churchill yesterday and the greens on both were horrendous. I played Chula Vista and Hilltop today. The greens on Chula Vista were horrible. The greens on Hilltop were just aerified and top dressed. Hilltop and Silver Lake usually have the best greens in The Villages.

I've played several regulation golf courses recently and to my surprise the greens on Belle Glade, Hacienda, Palmer and Glenview are all terrible.

I was talking to one of the course assistant managers and he told me that the budget for his regulation golf course is $52,000. That is the problem right there.

I worked at some very nice 18 hole private clubs in the 80s and their greens budgets were around $1,000,000. $52,000 is absurd. They must put nothing into these golf courses. No wonder there is so much turnover of management personnel.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I played Pimlico and Churchill yesterday and the greens on both were horrendous. I played Chula Vista and Hilltop today. The greens on Chula Vista were horrible. The greens on Hilltop were just aerified and top dressed. Hilltop and Silver Lake usually have the best greens in The Villages.

I've played several regulation golf courses recently and to my surprise the greens on Belle Glade, Hacienda, Palmer and Glenview are all terrible.

I was talking to one of the course assistant managers and he told me that the budget for his regulation golf course is $52,000. That is the problem right there.

I worked at some very nice 18 hole private clubs in the 80s and their greens budgets were around $1,000,000. $52,000 is absurd. They must put nothing into these golf courses. No wonder there is so much turnover of management personnel.
When they aerify a green I would assume the machine they use is balanced to prevent creating channels or ruts. Just curious because on some greens that have recently been done the ball would seem to follow a path off the natural slope it should take. I think the top dressing sometimes have thick pockets. We mentioned this to them after playing hilltop yesterday but I quess it would be better to ask the maintenance staff.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

Played Belle Glade today and foursome all commented on the very good condition of fairways and Greens.

Tags
belmont, terrible, condition, coarse, greens

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.