Best greens in TV.

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2020, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,247 Times in 2,462 Posts
Default Best greens in TV.

Going home tomorrow until next November and after 3 months of trying, finally got to play Yankee Clipper this morning.
WOW!
The whole course is in tremendous condition, and the greens are as near perfect as you can get.
Was informed Southern Star was just as good.

Well done green keepers. Brilliant!
Old 02-28-2020, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Going home tomorrow until next November and after 3 months of trying, finally got to play Yankee Clipper this morning.
WOW!
The whole course is in tremendous condition, and the greens are as near perfect as you can get.

I haven't played golf in a while due to an injury, but I used to play almost every day on almost all of the executive courses. It was my experience that the best greens in the Villages were on the Silver Lake and Orange Blossom Hills golf courses.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,873 Times in 2,683 Posts

Best greens on Championship Golf are Tierra Del Sol and Ashley to Tori at Lopez.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:40 PM
Sage

Just had to share this...when I 1st read the headline of the thread my thoughts went to "where are the best greens found in T.V."? and I was thinking of eating greens and not golfing/playing on greens. Shows one where my "thinker" is---since I don't golf. Wanted to throw this out and maybe someone will have a chuckle.

Two Bills....so safe travels for you and hope you return to us next season!!
Old 02-28-2020, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,506 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Best greens on Championship Golf are Tierra Del Sol and Ashley to Tori at Lopez.

I've been playing Tierra quite a bit for the last few months, played Lopez this week...and totally agree with your observation.

I will say though, IMHO I think Tierra's fairways have a bit more grass on average than Ashley/Torri...which seemed a bit sparse in places.

Then again, it might be because I seem to be struggling in chipping off of tight lies (and I don't use wedges with bounce on tight lies)...which is pretty durned frustrating.

Maybe it's time to go practice using one of my hybrids to chip with...when far enough off the green?
Old 02-28-2020, 06:10 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,568 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Just had to share this...when I 1st read the headline of the thread my thoughts went to "where are the best greens found in T.V."? and I was thinking of eating greens and not golfing/playing on greens. Shows one where my "thinker" is---since I don't golf. Wanted to throw this out and maybe someone will have a chuckle.

Two Bills....so safe travels for you and hope you return to us next season!!
I was going to say Publix, no kidding.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-29-2020, 09:55 AM
Default Best Greens

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I have not played Tierra recently, but played Lopez, Ashley to Tori this week and the greens were the best I have ever played in TV.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
WOW!

Yes, those 2 are 2 of my favorites, next to Palmetto.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I haven't played golf in a while due to an injury, but I used to play almost every day on almost all of the executive courses. It was my experience that the best greens in the Villages were on the Silver Lake and Orange Blossom Hills golf courses.
Yes, I played pool with you & your wife, used to. I think at one time you held a pro card in golf. Unfortunately I never got to play with you to get my butt beat! Don't live in TV anymore, live in TEXAS. Really miss TV!
Old 03-03-2020, 06:52 AM

Yay!
Old 03-04-2020, 07:48 AM

Send the greens keeper to Sweet Gum and Mangrove. They are pitiful!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
greens, tremendous, condition, keepers, perfect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.