Bogart

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2019, 09:18 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,090 Times in 1,325 Posts
Default Bogart

Played Bogart on Sunday. EVERY cup had been harmed by someone retrieving their ball with the flag left in. Help save our greens. Please take the flag out before retrieving your ball.
Thank you
Old 02-27-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Played Bogart on Sunday. EVERY cup had been harmed by someone retrieving their ball with the flag left in. Help save our greens. Please take the flag out before retrieving your ball.
Thank you
Amen to that. Sorry they changed that rule.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2019, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,741 Times in 1,382 Posts

We still pull the flag to play.
The new rule is a result of who knows what....makes no sense to most recreational golfers.

Pull the flag and save the cup!!!!

This will go as far as asking folks to rake their bunker shot, fix ball marks or fill divots!!!!

Noplace!!
Old 02-27-2019, 01:36 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,618 Times in 3,586 Posts

For over 50 years, I aimed at the cup without the flag.

I too still pull the flag.

I've seen golfers use the flag stick as a ball retriever.

This really sucks.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:27 AM

Speaking about sand bunkers. I played Turtle Mound a week ago last Sunday. The traps looked like they played a soccer game in them. No raking what so ever! Who are these people?
Old 02-28-2019, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The rule was changed in an effort to speed up play.

There's nothing wrong with retrieving your ball with the flag left in as long as you do it with your hand.

IMHO, too may people have these retrieving tools on the end of their putter or use a club to get the ball out.

Some people are going to say that some people cannot bend over. Most people bend over or squat down using there knees to mark their ball. They should do the same to get retrieve the ball from the hole. Bending or squatting would be good exercise for most of us.

Before everyone goes off on this, I realize that there are exceptions. But I have observed that they are few and far between. Most people who use a tool or their putter or the flagstick are simply too lazy to bend over or squat down.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
Speaking about sand bunkers. I played Turtle Mound a week ago last Sunday. The traps looked like they played a soccer game in them. No raking what so ever! Who are these people?
Raking the exec course sand traps has become a useless exercise. I lift and place in a reasonable level area in the trap as close as possible to my come to rest point. To play from these traps in their miserable conditions doe not really reflect on how you might play on reasonably maintained courses.

Its not worth getting upset about any longer
Old 03-01-2019, 08:49 AM
Gold member

I like putting with the flag in. Less than three or four feet I take it out. But I always take the ball out by hand - never by jerking out the flag or using a ball retriever on the putter. Those two actions are what are damaging the holes.
Closed Thread

Tags
flag, retrieving, ball, bogart, left

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.