Champ golf course conditions

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2019, 05:57 AM
Veteran member
Default Champ golf course conditions

I live on Belle Glade Gold Course. I consider myself an avid golfer. I am priority, play in two different groups three days a week. All on Champ courses. The most common complaint I hear from fellow golfers is that there is very little turf and grass in the fairways. Sometimes you are better off hitting your ball in what is called the "rough" since there is a little grass there. The reason for this lack of grass is the tremendous amount of play during the Winter months and the enormous number of golf carts rolling down the fairways. No way you can grow turf with that much traffic. Yesterday around 6:30 I noticed several groups with three golf carts in each group. I also noticed several more carts with one person running up and down the fairway I live on with no clubs on the cart. I went over to the starter shack and inquired how this was allowed to occur. The ambassador told me well "it's a tournament". Having lived here seven years I have never seen that many three cart groups and carts with no clubs being allowed on a course. I have played in tournaments and this was not allowed. Also there were no ambassadors on the course to monitor this over play. I plan to speak with the course super today. This is the reason we have and will continue to have sparse, hard fairways in TV. This is poor course management.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:41 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Saw the same thing Wed nite on Havanna. 3 or 4 carts late in the day.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,262 Times in 800 Posts

We have been told that three carts are allowed on championship golf courses but only two are allowed on the fairway at one time - there is always a third to be on the cart path at any given time.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Landing on the fairway is not my strong point, but when I do I don't want to see dirt. Yes, the fairways are well travelled but they also seem to be cut too short.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2019, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
We have been told that three carts are allowed on championship golf courses but only two are allowed on the fairway at one time - there is always a third to be on the cart path at any given time.
I’ve also been told that’s the rule.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
You are correct....from the Good Golf Guide
• Unless special circumstances prevail, starters are not authorized to allow more than two golf cars per group. If three golf cars are necessary, one of the cars will be required to remain on the golf car path on each hole.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:02 AM

Yesterday at Belle Glade was the first elimination round of the Ladies Village Cup tournament.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Gold member

The fairways on the championship courses we play are really tight, but they don't lack grass. In fact, I'm surprised there is as much grass as there is right now. In the past three weeks we've played Lopez, TDS, OBH, Hacienda, Glennview and Havana, and all were in pretty good shape. In fact, OBH has greens that I would call excellent. I wish there was more cushion under the ball in the fairways, as I like to use my 12 degree driver off the deck, but I have no complaints about course conditions right now.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You are correct....from the Good Golf Guide
• Unless special circumstances prevail, starters are not authorized to allow more than two golf cars per group. If three golf cars are necessary, one of the cars will be required to remain on the golf car path on each hole.
The hole I live on has not cart path. So, carts running up and down the rough means less grass in the rough which is really better than the fairway. Stupid rule made by some person who does not play golf or does not realize that every hole on champ courses does not have cart paths and if they do it is only a portion of the way to the green!
Old 05-09-2019, 08:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
Yesterday at Belle Glade was the first elimination round of the Ladies Village Cup tournament.
So because of some tourney I am suppose to pay $150 per week plus $970 priority to play on golf courses with no turf or grass in the fairway?
Old 05-09-2019, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
The fairways on the championship courses we play are really tight, but they don't lack grass. In fact, I'm surprised there is as much grass as there is right now. In the past three weeks we've played Lopez, TDS, OBH, Hacienda, Glennview and Havana, and all were in pretty good shape. In fact, OBH has greens that I would call excellent. I wish there was more cushion under the ball in the fairways, as I like to use my 12 degree driver off the deck, but I have no complaints about course conditions right now.
You evidently have never played on really good courses with turf and grass that allows you to spin the ball. For what we pay in TV these courses would be rated very low. If they were any better you would see some big tourney's with the pro's played here.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Well sure the PGA would schedule a stop here.
Well the PBA does and no one thought that could happen.
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, grass, fairways, groups, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.