Consequences for poor maintenance

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2019, 08:30 AM

Poor Golf at the villages..If you have friends or relatives coming to visit you and you want impress them with a nice round of golf make sure you stay away from the villages.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce zapolski View Post
Poor Golf at the villages..If you have friends or relatives coming to visit you and you want impress them with a nice round of golf make sure you stay away from the villages.
Or show them the recreation centers, the pools, nature trails, etc...…………………………..
Old 03-25-2019, 08:43 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena0904 View Post
All of the previous conversations/complaints were about how bad the courses were and that they should be closed. Well it’s obvious the voices were heard and listened to. It will be interesting to see if the same people who were going crazy and complaining, will be the same people complaining that courses are now closed!! Having said all of that, the timing of events is pretty ironic for the director of executive golf to be leaving. I just don’t think they have enough executive courses for the amount of people in The Villages. Would others agree with this statement?
I believe there are many, many more villagers that either started playing golf when they moved here, or always did than the developer anticipated for future buildouts. Just throwing it out there.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:46 AM

We’re not talking about nature trails etc. Which are beautiful we are talking about Deplorable conditions on most of the villages golf courses.fact
Old 03-25-2019, 08:59 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
We’re not talking about nature trails etc. Which are beautiful we are talking about Deplorable conditions on most of the villages golf courses.fact
Most? This cracks me up also. That again is pulling at straws.
Steve
Old 03-25-2019, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,741 Times in 1,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Most? This cracks me up also. That again is pulling at straws.
Steve
How about every one we played during the past 2 months?
Old 03-25-2019, 09:47 AM
Sage

The 4 courses in the "Fenney" area are in good shape. I played Walnut Grove a few weeks ago and it was in good shape. There are a number of courses with damaged greens. They will improve with the warmer temperatures and reduced play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
How about every one we played during the past 2 months?
Old 03-25-2019, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,741 Times in 1,382 Posts

When the reference is made to high season or reduced play when "they" leave, keep in mind that the slow season population of today is twice the population of the high season 10 years ago!!

There are only so many rounds of golf that can be scheduled per day per course regardless how many folks live here.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
I still have to believe it is a maintenance issue. Seems most courses between 466 and 466A have very poor greens. The Volusia/Escambia etc courses are in nice shape and many of the courses north of 466 are in nice shape. In the past few weeks, I have played Oakleigh, walnut Grove, Chula Vista, DelaVista..all with very nice greens. So, you can’t really blame the weather or amount of play. The only other variable is who is doing
the care and maintenance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2019, 02:44 PM

If the nature trail walking areas were filled with mud....if the pools were turning green and if all classes at the rec centers were filled, you too would be calling those issues "serious concerns" So whats your beef with those that have a issue with poor golf courses?
Old 03-25-2019, 03:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I believe there are many, many more villagers that either started playing golf when they moved here, or always did than the developer anticipated for future buildouts. Just throwing it out there.
I doubt the developer was caught off guard. The reason I began to explore The Villages in 2009 was seeing their commercials on golf tournaments that emphasized "Free golf for life". if that is the thrust of your marketing efforts you could expect a lot of interest from golfers.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
When the reference is made to high season or reduced play when "they" leave, keep in mind that the slow season population of today is twice the population of the high season 10 years ago!!

There are only so many rounds of golf that can be scheduled per day per course regardless how many folks live here.
You know as well as I, there are a lot of open tee times on the Champs everyday.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
...we are talking about Deplorable conditions on most of the villages golf courses.fact
I know you meant opinion, which is of course what it is.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:26 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You know as well as I, there are a lot of open tee times on the Champs everyday.
And there will be a lot more when "they"
leave
Old 03-25-2019, 03:29 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Well many of the greens are in relatively poor shape but I started playing on sand greens. Inverleigh Golf Club Sandgreen Tips - YouTube

Tags
maintenance, apologize, inconvenience, notice, decisions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.