Course conditions?

Course conditions?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Course conditions?
Old 08-31-2017, 09:06 AM

Default Course conditions?

From my view from up north (New Jersey), it appears you have gotten plenty of rain this summer. Has the condition of the courses improved significantly since I left in the spring (after a very dry winter/spring). I'm hoping I will be pleasantly surprised when I return in October.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:59 AM
Veteran member

Over the past two weeks I've played Palmer (Laurel only - rained out on the back), Lopez (Ashley to Torri), Cane Garden (Hibiscus to Allamanda), Glenview (Talley Ho to Stirrup), and Havana (Kilimanjaro to Kenya). All were in very nice condition with medium speed smooth greens, and the fairways are the best condition I've seen in my five years here. Unfortunately the rough has benefited from all of the rain and it is high enough to hide your ball in many places, especially on Palmer. Note that they are currently at the end of the semi-annual aerating of the greens, with Belle Glade scheduled today and Lopez tomorrow, but you said you are returning in October, so your timing should be pretty good. They all should be healed up in less than a month.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2017, 10:01 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednetdl View Post
From my view from up north (New Jersey), it appears you have gotten plenty of rain this summer. Has the condition of the courses improved significantly since I left in the spring (after a very dry winter/spring). I'm hoping I will be pleasantly surprised when I return in October.
Yes- in most cases
Old 08-31-2017, 11:40 AM
Sage

Its all in the eye of the beholder (player) you are going to get the good and bad opinions.
That's all they are opinions..........................
Old 08-31-2017, 01:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Its all in the eye of the beholder (player) you are going to get the good and bad opinions.
Right, but Bogie...when things are quiet? The grass is lookin' pretty good..........around here. But just wait. Dormant season is coming. Horrors.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Gold member

Default No...not quite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
there are good green conditions and bad green conditions. The same for fairways and tees. It has nothing to do with someones personal perception unless our course conditions are being compared to Augusta National type courses.

There are though, people whose expectations will never be met and their opinions have nothing to do with reality.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
there are good green conditions and bad green conditions. The same for fairways and tees. It has nothing to do with someones personal perception unless our course conditions are being compared to Augusta National type courses.

There are though, people whose expectations will never be met and their opinions have nothing to do with reality.
Like I said...........
Old 08-31-2017, 09:24 PM
Platinum member

Love,love,love that there's an actual distinction between the fairways and the ruff. Best conditions I've seen in the 8 plus years we've been here.I can only tell you about Mallory, Tierra ,Havana, Evans Prairie & Glenview.They are all in great shape .

Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
Soon to be in the Village of McClure
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011
Old 09-02-2017, 07:01 AM

Thank you all for the replies. Sounds like they have improved greatly, really looking forward to getting back down there!
Closed Thread

Tags
left, dry, spring, winter/spring, surprised