Deplorable conditions

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2021, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
It might be that redoing the green is tax deductible but maintenance of it is not..Perhaps..
Do you know who owns the exec courses?
Old 02-20-2021, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
I view it as being all relative. Playing in poor winter conditions, is still a whole lot better than not being able to play at all.
Back in Baltimore we generally stopped playing a little after Halloween, snowing on Thanksgiving was fairly normal. My last winter there was 2010/2011. The day after New Year's Day was forecast for 50 degrees. I hadn't played in probably six weeks, so I asked my neighbor, but he didn't want to play.

I went out to Geneva Farms my favorite course and when I arrived I think everyone else had the same idea. The parking lot looked like the busiest day in August, there was hardly a spot left.

The golf pro was running the desk, the check-ins, the pro shop, and was the starter all himself. I paid my $37 and instead of giving me a cart key, he said I'll bring you your cart. I went back to my car and I was putting my golf shoes on when the pro raced up in a cart and said, this is your cart, your group is on the tee. I didn't have time to putt, I barely had time for a practice swing. I was with 3 guys in the 20s to 30s who were all good players.

As it was, it was never sunny, it was cloudy and a high of 46, not great but better than most days. Here, it would of been a day that I would of cancelled.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,556 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Jesus, over 650 golf holes and not satisfied with few? Maybe some more time on practicing might over come the obstacles?
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Tags
pic, sending, satisfied, mitch, deplorable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.