Deplorable conditions

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2021, 07:11 AM

The poor conditions are great to help me excuse my poor golf skills !!
Old 02-16-2021, 09:01 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,090 Times in 1,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arickis View Post
So Mitch Leininger said that he is not getting any complaints??? Here is his email again, so everyone can let him know that we are not satisfied with his performance. If you do not tell him about your experience, nothing will change. Take a picture and post it. He must be held accountable or nothing will change. His email again is mitch.leininger@districtgov.org
Flood him with emails about your concerns. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs631 View Post
Some courses are in bad shape but to call the deplorable is a bit overboard. Try golfing at some other pay courses and you’ll be thanking the villages for keeping the courses in great shape. We have become so spoiled. No other developer can come close to what you get for free. Just waiting for the bombardment from those who say it’s not free.
Some of the conditions deserve to be called deplorable. In general course conditions in The Villages range from mediocre to deplorable. I have played other courses outside The Villages and they range from good to deplorable. None of these courses, except for the new ones would be considered in great shape, and they are not "FREE". The cost of golf is included in our amenity fee. It's possible that they don't have enough money to properly maintain the executive courses because of that but I've seen some practices that make no sense whatsoever.

What's surprising and irritating to me is that everything else in The Villages is first rate. The rec centers, pools, tennis courts parks, flowers and everything else are extremely well done. For a community that places so much emphasis on golf you'd think that they would make more of an effort to maintain these "free" golf courses a bit better.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp2532 View Post
I agree and had written to Mr. Leininger last week. He replied that he wasn’t getting complaints, so if people are unhappy he needs to know. Yankee Clipper was in good shape so it can be done.
I wrote to Mr Leininger yesterday regarding the horrific conditions at Belmont. This morning a received a response from him outlining their plans to 8mprove conditions. I hope he can pull it off
Old 02-16-2021, 12:03 PM

mitch has replied. the courses should acknowledge the poor green conditions, before we pay for them. how? cut the price for playing, that would be a good acknowledgement of the crappy greens. and when picking what courses to play, don't put in the ones you know are not good. if you get shut out, then so be it, unless you want to get aggravated about it. harbor hills is waiting for our money. they should be embarrassed to charge full price for the conditions they are in, particularly Havana. Belmont should be closed until further notice. what a disgrace the greens are....
it's one thing that they are bad, but they won't acknowledge that fact
Old 02-17-2021, 07:58 PM

Not free. Amenity fee...
Old 02-18-2021, 05:57 AM

what is very unfair, is that the only way of knowing the conditions of the courses, is from these comments or by playing the course. the operators of these courses should tell us the conditions of these course before signing up......that is totally disrespectful to us.
and the fact that they don't acknowledge the conditions is a slap....shame on us!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2021, 09:13 AM

Have you seen Havana CC conditions lately??? My large group played there last Friday. By FAR, the worst condition I have seen any course in a very long time. Green unbelievably bad shape.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernviewnursery@aol.com View Post
When the lowest bidder gets the contracts and no new companies without commercial experience can get the bid because it is on a point system (one being proof of commercial experience) which is much easier than residential, you expect less quality from them.
I can't say for sure but that is what I suspect is the problem. Rather than handing our maintenance to contractors, I'd prefer to se it done in house. Not only do contracts often go to the lowest bidder, but those contractors have to make a profit. By doing it in house the money that makes up the contractor's profit could be put to use on maintaining the golf courses. Also in house people are usually more concerned about the results.

I also don't understand this redoing of the greens every couple of years. If greens are properly maintained they should have to be resodded. Some of the best greens I've ever played have been some of the oldest. The Country Club in Brookline, MA has possibly the best greens that I've ever putted on and they haven't been redone in a hundred years.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arickis View Post
Golfed yesterday at Pimlico. Every green was a disaster. Course should not be open. I am posting a picture of one of the greens that was not as bad as the others! I am also sending the pic to mitch.leininger@districtgov.org. We should all let Mitch know that we are not satisfied with his performance!
I totally disagree.
We played Pimlico on Feb 6th.
The course and greens were very playable.

If you want country club course conditions, join one.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:09 AM

Anybody who complains about the course conditions in The Villages has not played many pay courses. Try playing at most pay courses and you’ll give the villages an A+
Old 02-19-2021, 07:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,296 Times in 557 Posts

Looks like a Fungus.... don't track that home
Old 02-20-2021, 11:48 AM

It might be that redoing the green is tax deductible but maintenance of it is not..Perhaps..
Old 02-20-2021, 12:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

I view it as being all relative. Playing in poor winter conditions, is still a whole lot better than not being able to play at all.
Old 02-20-2021, 05:00 PM

As Forest Gump would say, "That's all I can say about That".

Always be humble and kind.
Closed Thread

Tags
pic, sending, satisfied, mitch, deplorable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.