Flat Par-3s?

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Well, Booger Shooter, I do. That's why I posted the question in the very first place. Assumed you could'a figured that out. Your post should have said, "I don't care." in which case it would be recognized as irrelevant.

Wow, I'm just asking a question and creating a dialog. You don't have to be a jerk about it. If you're not interested, scroll on. I hope $hitting on the topic makes you feel more important and better about your self and your superiority to any of the rest of us. Were you a PIP, IRL, before becoming a keyboard jerk?
I feel your disgust.. 4 yrs ago when I 1st got here, I commented about a golf course and people came out of the woodwork about it. These are mostly posters that have in excess of 1000 s of posts. Some really feel they are responsible for the courses as they are. Thats typically why some get so defensive of any type of opinion. I think your post is valid and NO there is nothing wrong with asking questions.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,901 Times in 914 Posts

Actually, the Tennessean comment reads like a self reinforcement for her decision. . . . meaning, she doesn't want to admit that the quantity of options here is better than back home, but her ego is keeping her from admitting it, so she justifies her decision with the statement made. . .

Humans are notorious for making statements to justify their prior decisions when one has a weak ego. . .

but whatever, its just post. .
Old 12-17-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Actually, the Tennessean comment reads like a self reinforcement for her decision. . . . meaning, she doesn't want to admit that the quantity of options here is better than back home, but her ego is keeping her from admitting it, so she justifies her decision with the statement made. . .

Humans are notorious for making statements to justify their prior decisions when one has a weak ego. . .

but whatever, its just post. .
You hit the nail on the head!
Old 12-17-2021, 08:04 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Thank you Luggage, yes - my question was serious. I am the OP. The "jealous non-villager" is a friend of mine. I know where she lives, and I know the golf courses she golfs . She lives in a community very much like the villages only much smaller. And on a huge lake full of boating and skiing and tubing. Tellico Village in Tennessee. The three golf 18-hole golf courses they have are meticulous and gorgeous and challenging, filled with very few par-3's. The terrain undulates and moves uphill, downhill, through and over deep gulches and across water. Not ponds, but a large body of lake water. A former New Yorker, she is not jealous of The Villages because she already lives in a similar place but does not care for the crowds and congestion compared to her current area.

Anyhow, the entire purpose of the post was because she mentioned her opinion of the courses in the Villages and since I have only golfed a very few of them, I thought I would validate / invalidate her opinion by gathering intel from those of you who have golfed far more than just a few of the courses in The Villages.

Thank you all for your input and insights.
Sorry, didn't mean to offend you or your friend. Just a general answer to criticism about TVs.

Last edited by Bay Kid; 12-17-2021 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-17-2021, 10:05 AM

What course in the Villages is the most fun to play?
Old 12-17-2021, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gac57 View Post
Be prepared for the full spectrum of answers ranging from the black tees at Glenview to the putt and plays in Fenney/Marsh bend
Old 12-17-2021, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Enjoy them all.....keep a diary and you will find the one.
Old 12-18-2021, 07:42 AM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
I like them all. No particular favorites on the executives or the championships.
And I have played every golf hole in The Villages.
Old 12-18-2021, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Played Southern Oaks on Friday. I have to say, I was impressed!

The fairways were immaculate, the greens were receptive to holding iron shots, the rough, while quite fully (I still haven't figured out how to hit out of it consistently) was short enough to find one's errant ball...

IIRC, it was 5 par 5's, 5 par 3's and the rest par 4's... Plenty of elevation changes requiring you to add or subtract a club...

The Turnpike was noticeable, but not distracting. Plenty of water to splash into...

Can't wait to play it again!

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 12-19-2021 at 08:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-19-2021, 08:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,604 Times in 942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post

The fairways were immaculate, the greens were receptive to holding iron shots, the rough, while quite fully (I still haven't figured out how to hit out of it consistently) was short enough to fine one's errant ball...

IIRC, it was 5 par 5's, 5 par 3's and the rest par 4's... Plenty of elevation changes requiring you to add or subtract a club...

The Turnpike was noticeable, but not distracting. Plenty of water to splash into...

JM - That’s IMPOSSIBLE, I read 4 pages of posts here the Developer made Southern Oaks a terrible course on purpose so they can make more money.
Old 12-19-2021, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
JM - That’s IMPOSSIBLE, I read 4 pages of posts here the Developer made Southern Oaks a terrible course on purpose so they can make more money.

-Tom Petty
Old 12-20-2021, 06:04 AM

The oldest par 3 executive on the villages is Hilltop (also has a short par 4) and that thing ain't flat - the first hole is a duzzy long downhill with a trap in front and a trap and a lake behind to a small green and of course eventually you have to go up and down that hill a couple of times.
Where has this person been playing ? This kind of comment reminds me of the time I met a guy from Ocala Palms and he told me he had bought there because 'A someone' had told him you could never get a tee time in The Villages. I've been here for over 20 years and failed just twice.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:20 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post

The fairways were immaculate, the greens were receptive to holding iron shots, the rough, while quite fully (I still haven't figured out how to hit out of it consistently) was short enough to find one's errant ball...

Actually there are SIX par 5's SIX par 4's and SIX par 3's. And the Turnpike is very noticeable and noisy with lots of tractor trailers going by. Not a great place to live. Fairways and greens are in great shape.

Old 12-20-2021, 07:51 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1946 View Post
The oldest par 3 executive on the villages is Hilltop (also has a short par 4) and that thing ain't flat - the first hole is a duzzy long downhill with a trap in front and a trap and a lake behind to a small green and of course eventually you have to go up and down that hill a couple of times.
Where has this person been playing ? This kind of comment reminds me of the time I met a guy from Ocala Palms and he told me he had bought there because 'A someone' had told him you could never get a tee time in The Villages. I've been here for over 20 years and failed just twice.
I'm still trying to stick the 1st green! Love that little course.
Old 12-20-2021, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
It would seem to me that the description of mostly flat and mostly par 3s aptly describes the executive courses. It is true that some of the greens have some slope, but the description would vary according to persons experience. Certainly, from my perception, you couldn't call these courses hilly. This is Florida!
You obviously haven’t played Roosevelt, Truman, Volusia, Escambia, Okechobee Turtle Mound, etc..
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, flat, golfed, golf, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.