Glenview

Glenview

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 12:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
Doc, Thaanks for telling it like it is. The Morse family and all others concerned should be ashamed of the product they give us. For years the same excuses, and the same results, mediocre golf courses at best. And I don't want tohear about how cheap they are. Theses champ courses are not cheap. Priority members are getting ripped off.
The thing is that these courses should be money makers for The Villages. They should be much busier in the summertime than they are. I know a lot of residents who, when they want to play regulation courses, go outside The Villages. The courses are less expensive and in better shape.

But real estate developers don't see it that way. They see the big money is in selling houses. I knew a guy in Massachusetts who was a big-time developer. He'd buy a huge property, take the best land for houses and streets then build a golf course on what was left over. I asked him about the golf courses making money and he just said, "I give the golf courses away after I've sold all the houses." The cost of the golf course was built into the cost of the homes. Once they were all sold he gave the courses to the homeowners who had no idea how to run them.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:02 AM

What a bitchfest. News Flash....Lots of elderly around here. Many residents are slow in most things they do and like it that way. If you're in such a hurry most courses have plenty of tee times with minimal activity, ie afternoons. I often walk-on and play alone after viewing the online system the night before and find plenty of multiple 4-slots in succession wide open. I'll take my lumps for being an insensitive male BUT ya'll sound like a bunch of bitchy old ladies. Play off campus or move but for God's sake stop acting like your a Pro on Tour with an axe to grind.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
What a bitchfest. News Flash....Lots of elderly around here. Many residents are slow in most things they do and like it that way. If you're in such a hurry most courses have plenty of tee times with minimal activity, ie afternoons. I often walk-on and play alone after viewing the online system the night before and find plenty of multiple 4-slots in succession wide open. I'll take my lumps for being an insensitive male BUT ya'll sound like a bunch of bitchy old ladies. Play off campus or move but for God's sake stop acting like your a Pro on Tour with an axe to grind.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:29 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Old 06-21-2018, 09:31 AM
Sage

Good article in today's "Daily Sun" by the director of Executive Golf Maintenance about the course conditions. It ends with "Feel free to contact me with any concerns or comments. I would think the same is true with GMS and the championship courses.

Anyone who doesn't want to spend 50 cents can go to St. Tim's recycling dumpster tomorrow and pick up a copy for free and not give another penny to ..........
Old 06-28-2018, 08:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Good article in today's "Daily Sun" by the director of Executive Golf Maintenance about the course conditions. It ends with "Feel free to contact me with any concerns or comments. I would think the same is true with GMS and the championship courses.

Anyone who doesn't want to spend 50 cents can go to St. Tim's recycling dumpster tomorrow and pick up a copy for free and not give another penny to ..........
I emailed the director and he said that he'd like to meet with me to discuss my concerns. I contacted his secretary to set up a meeting and she never got back to me. I've called several times and no response.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'll be looking outside The Villages from now on when I want to play regulation ("championship" is not a proper term for these courses) golf courses.
My neighbor that I play with every week is a 3 handicap who plays almost everyday if you let him. He said the best outside courses nearby are Misson Inn, southeast of here between Leesburg and Clermont and Juliette Falls that's west of Ocala. I just noticed on Juliette Falls website, after 12:00 18 holes with a cart is only $29.99.

Welcome to Mission Inn Resort & Club, Central Florida

Juliette Falls
Old 06-28-2018, 12:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
If you pay attention about when you are up to the tee, its no big deal. Some people need their hand held all the time.
Bitching about course conditions on TOTV gets very little accomplished.
Those who think its better to play away from The Villages....have at it. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to play here.
Some bitch about bad conditions and then another says conditions are just fine...……...who to believe.

Take restaurant reviews and course reviews and discard...………..go find out for yourself.
I agree with Tim.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Old 06-28-2018, 01:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
If you pay attention about when you are up to the tee, its no big deal. Some people need their hand held all the time.
Bitching about course conditions on TOTV gets very little accomplished.
Those who think its better to play away from The Villages....have at it. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to play here.
Some bitch about bad conditions and then another says conditions are just fine...……...who to believe.

Take restaurant reviews and course reviews and discard...………..go find out for yourself.
I agree with Tim.
I'm sorry. I thought this was a forum on which to discuss The Villages golf course conditions. Are we only supposed to give positive opinions?

Bitchfest? When I see good conditions, I write about it. Unfortunately, that's not very often in TV.

Closed Thread

Tags
courses, golf, minutes, villages, green