Heron Hole #4 Deplorable Conditions

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2021, 09:07 AM
Default Heron Hole #4 Deplorable Conditions

For those who golf, can you please help the residents adjacent to Hole #4 Heron. Have you all seen/experienced the conditions of Heron Hole #4? The constant flooding, mosquitoes (potentially carrying West Nile Virus and others), stench and dangerous conditions when the golf carts are diverted from the flooded out cart path up along the steep embankment of a so-called drain along the property line? The golf cart path gets covered with up to 2 feet of water sometimes. Reaching over 300 feet long and 150 feet wide. I have the Photos to prove it.

My wife and I purchased the house (2020) and spent $120k in renovations over the course of the Covid year and finally moved into our house in April 2021. We have since documented 7 incidents where this area turns into a lake. It never dries out. We thought with a storm drain there would be no water problem. It is not clogged. It is a French drain and it does not work! IT HAS BEEN WET SINCE April 11, 2021. Hole #4 is the ONLY hole on Heron that DOES NOT drain to a retention pond. All the water from the tee to the green goes to this narrow area (approximately 70 ft.) between the golf cart path and the property line, up as high as 10-15 feet from the line.

We can not sit on our lanai's or open windows in the evenings because of the stench. We, along with our neighbors, have begun the arduous task of battling with TV to address and correct this issue.

We need your help! Please only positive comments because negative ones do no good! If You feel inclined to express your disgust with the conditions of Hole #4 Heron please contact:

Mitch Leininger
Director of Executive Golf Course Maintenance
Ph# 352-674-1885
Email -- Mitch.Leininger@DistrictGov.Org

Thank you all for your support with this issue!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
hole, heron, golf, feet, drain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.