Lack of Overseed is Sad

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2018, 07:17 AM
Default Lack of Overseed is Sad

I am very disappointed that the decision was made to not overseed the fairways at any of the championship courses. This is the “High Season” for golf when the largest number of golfers are visiting from up north. You would think that management would want our courses to look best right now. Instead, they look terrible and they play terrible off of hard pan fairways covered with dormant Bermuda grass.

If I were a snowbird, I would not return for spring break golf in these conditions.

The decision to not overseed the fairways has turned TV from an incredibly beautiful winter destination into a disappointment.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzman View Post
I am very disappointed that the decision was made to not overseed the fairways at any of the championship courses. This is the “High Season” for golf when the largest number of golfers are visiting from up north. You would think that management would want our courses to look best right now. Instead, they look terrible and they play terrible off of hard pan fairways covered with dormant Bermuda grass.

If I were a snowbird, I would not return for spring break golf in these conditions.

The decision to not overseed the fairways has turned TV from an incredibly beautiful winter destination into a disappointment.
///
Old 04-02-2018, 09:01 AM

Hmmm.....Perhaps there is an unplanned side-benfit to their otherwise botanical strategy?
Old 04-02-2018, 12:38 PM

Brown fairways, less visitors, works for me......
Old 04-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
Brown fairways, less visitors, works for me......
Small price to pay!

Actually isn't this the time of year where winter grass is dying out and the summer grass is not in yet? They will be doing aerification soon too. Get ready for the yearly posts on that subject.

http://www.golfthevillages.com/turft...n-Schedule.pdf
Old 04-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

For the first time in many years we had a hard freeze in The Villages this winter, and this had to have an undesirable effect on the golf courses here in The Villages. They are currently challenging but still fun to play.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:24 AM
Veteran member

Makes absolutely no sense to complain about the conditions on the championship courses. As the king and his court own the courses. As long as people keep paying to play there will be no changes. Remember you get what you pay for. people move to the villages from up north, buy a home maybe 2. They sold their home up north for at least three times more than what they paid for the home that they bought down here. Their amenities are dirt cheap and they all think that they are members of the country club. They are the entitled people of the world. Do you really think that the king and his court really care about the conditions of the golf courses. No the name of the game is money, money, money. So for those of you who enjoy getting in your golf, bring along your Clubs and go out to the pasture and hit the ball around, don't forget it only cost you about $50. Occasionally your ball will end up in one of what they called sand traps, no need to hit it, out just walk in and pick it up your ball, no need to rake, and continue with your tour of the pasture. Have another glass of Kool-Aid and go home and clean up the rental house for the next group of people that you hope will show up.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

What even more disappointing is the amount of bad golfer's.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Hard pan? Not even close to Oklahoma clay! Play around here like playing off lush carpet.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Still do not understand why some folks seem to find fault with the Morse family("king and his court")making money. As far as I know, no one has been forced to live here. As to "drinking the Kool-Aid"....I'm not entirely convinced liking where you live falls into that category. Some folks seem to thrive on jealousy and anger...strange.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Still do not understand why some folks seem to find fault with the Morse family("king and his court")making money. As far as I know, no one has been forced to live here. As to "drinking the Kool-Aid"....I'm not entirely convinced liking where you live falls into that category. Some folks seem to thrive on jealousy and anger...strange.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:11 AM

Would I like the fairways to be a bit more lush, sure. But I'm not paying $10,000 a year for a membership either. And it sure beats shoveling snow!!
Old 04-10-2018, 08:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Makes absolutely no sense to complain about the conditions on the championship courses. As the king and his court own the courses. As long as people keep paying to play there will be no changes. Remember you get what you pay for. people move to the villages from up north, buy a home maybe 2. They sold their home up north for at least three times more than what they paid for the home that they bought down here. Their amenities are dirt cheap and they all think that they are members of the country club. They are the entitled people of the world. Do you really think that the king and his court really care about the conditions of the golf courses. No the name of the game is money, money, money. So for those of you who enjoy getting in your golf, bring along your Clubs and go out to the pasture and hit the ball around, don't forget it only cost you about $50. Occasionally your ball will end up in one of what they called sand traps, no need to hit it, out just walk in and pick it up your ball, no need to rake, and continue with your tour of the pasture. Have another glass of Kool-Aid and go home and clean up the rental house for the next group of people that you hope will show up.
Would you kindly post the financial information on how much “ king and his court” are raking in from “the entitled” ? I had a friend who owned a few and he lost his shirt ( and pants too ). It does cost a lot to play golf but running and maintaining a golf course is also ghastly expensive. If you have the numbers please share them. I feel unentitled that you have them and the rest of us do not. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
fairways, overseed, courses, terrible, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.