Lopez

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2020, 08:16 AM
Thumbs up Lopez

Played Lopez on Saturday and the new greens are a real nice improvement. They held real well flying in and putted very true.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:57 AM

Golf would be so much more enjoyable if there were not so many backups on the course. A simple reminder with signage might help. Something like: "In consideration of players behind you, please try to keep up with the group in front of you."
Old 10-23-2020, 11:58 AM

Or the Ambassadors finally asking the "Slow-Pokes" to skip a hole, that will teach them and deterrent others from slow play...
Old 10-23-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going My Way View Post
Or the Ambassadors finally asking the "Slow-Pokes" to skip a hole, that will teach them and deterrent others from slow play...
My husband has seen it several times where the people in front of them as SLOW however the ambassador cruises past and keeps going. Not once have they said anything. No water, what's their purpose??
Old 10-23-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdp07 View Post
Played Lopez on Saturday and the new greens are a real nice improvement. They held real well flying in and putted very true.
Guess who played a good round.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:54 AM
Default I agree the new greens are an improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdp07 View Post
They also seem to not get ball marks. I look around for where my ball landed and don't see anything, and don't see other marks. I played on Wed. and the same comment. I am now trying to ride in the rough and/or stay on the path as long as possible to limit my damage with the cart.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,873 Times in 2,683 Posts

Lopez now has the same greens as Tierra Del a Sol. These new type of hybrid greens are great and a big improvement over traditional Bermuda grass. Hopefully eventually all the Championships will get these type of greens. Golf on : )
Old 10-24-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill620 View Post
Golf would be so much more enjoyable if there were not so many backups on the course. A simple reminder with signage might help. Something like: "In consideration of players behind you, please try to keep up with the group in front of you."
Only my opinion but based on personal experiences, championship courses are not the ones people should play on when they are new to golf. I have been behind many foursomes who are out for an enjoyable afternoon with members of the foursome hitting from white tees and green tees when the should be at the most forward tee box. If you can’t get anywhere near the green in regulation then you need to move up, or play executive courses for a while or get to a driving range.
Closed Thread

Tags
lopez, real, saturday, putted, flying

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.