One reason the golf course get Tore up

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts
Default One reason the golf course get Tore up

After hours Privileged practicing. Seen couple guy's hitting ( counted at least 8 balls and he wasn't done on the green) balls onto the greens. Noticed this a lot after starter shacks closing times just before sunset. I sure he when up there and fixed all the divots on the greens and repaired all the dollar bill rips on the fairway's. This was on Lopez the other was on Oakleigh (day after it been closed for week to get fairways and greens in good conditions).
Old 07-30-2017, 05:14 AM
Email Reported As Spam

after hours practice on champion/executive courses has been a problem as also non residents found on courses after hours. Should and can there be after hours patrolling?...may not be worth it and may never real uncover the extend of the abuse
Old 07-30-2017, 05:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
after hours practice on champion/executive courses has been a problem as also non residents found on courses after hours. Should and can there be after hours patrolling?...may not be worth it and may never real uncover the extend of the abuse
Residents practicing might be a more difficult problem, but perhaps some random checks by community watch would uncover the non-residents. One or two well publicized arrests for trespassing might go a long way to solving that aspect of the problem.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:21 AM
Gold member

If you can take photos and turn them over to community watch/country club.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
If you can take photos and turn them over to community watch/country club.
I would think that the sheriff's dept. would have to catch non-resident trespassers in the act.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:51 AM

Seems you could have and should have called Village Watch.....
Old 07-30-2017, 10:56 AM

It's the Snowbirds!
Oh, uh, wait a minute...
Old 07-30-2017, 08:01 PM

blame it on the Bosanova.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:12 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

As described in OP'S post, this person SHOULD NOT be using a golf course for his/her practice facility. TV has practice ranges for practice and golf courses to play golf.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:01 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Residents practicing might be a more difficult problem, but perhaps some random checks by community watch would uncover the non-residents. One or two well publicized arrests for trespassing might go a long way to solving that aspect of the problem.
When we first moved here the ambassadors reported catching non-residents climbing over fences to play a round on the executive courses at day's end. Perhaps because the community is much larger now such events go unnoticed and/or the courses are so crowded most the year that its not productive for non-residents?.

As to the conditions of courses too many residents ignore the repair and replace rules while a few go out of their way to repair a few extra divots on the greens and apply sand where needed
Old 07-31-2017, 06:13 AM
Default Don't Kid Yourself

I'm sure that kind of "after hours play" contributes - but from what I've personally observed, it's the RESIDENTS who do most of the damage. Twice in the past 2 weeks I saw someone drive their cart in places marked "wet - no carts", & saw one person drive across the edge of the green in a cart! I confronted them & got "I have an all-access pass, I can drive wherever I want", & "I pay for these courses - they have people to fix them!" Yes, I reported it to the starter shack/ambassador, & got "we'll look into it". When I played the same course that week - the ground was still torn up. Residents need to practice golf etiquette- then we can worry about non-residents!
Old 08-27-2017, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJones View Post
I'm sure that kind of "after hours play" contributes - but from what I've personally observed, it's the RESIDENTS who do most of the damage. Twice in the past 2 weeks I saw someone drive their cart in places marked "wet - no carts", & saw one person drive across the edge of the green in a cart! I confronted them & got "I have an all-access pass, I can drive wherever I want", & "I pay for these courses - they have people to fix them!" Yes, I reported it to the starter shack/ambassador, & got "we'll look into it". When I played the same course that week - the ground was still torn up. Residents need to practice golf etiquette- then we can worry about non-residents!
This thread was never about non residents, I see what you posted all they time. But at least they didn't pull up there in the same spot 8 plus times like I seen the divots fly for the practice approach shots, not to mention the repeated ball creators on the green. Let's face it there are bad apples (knuckleheads) even in golf and I'm not talking beginners here.
Closed Thread

Tags
greens, balls, fairways, divots, dollar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.