Paradise Pond Hilltop GC

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2017, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Paradise Pond Hilltop GC

I play Hilltop quite a bit because it's close and I can run up and play a quick nine.

A while ago I began to notice a horrible smell coming from the pond behind the first green and between the fourth teen and green.

I was playing with some people a few weeks ago and one of them said that The Villages dumps their sewage into that pond. I found that very hard to believe, but I have to wonder because the stench was so bad.

The smell seems to have gone away as I played there yesterday and didn't notice it.

Does anyone have any idea what it's from?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:43 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

It may be all the old golf balls I hit into the pond are beginning to decay! LOL. Seriously I think it may runoff from whatever fertilizing agent they use. I've smelled it at a few other courses with ponds. I don't believe it's raw sewerage unless a force main has a leak.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:31 PM
Gold member

So the "Dr." part of your name is just a nickname, not from a phd....dumping raw sewage in a pond? Seriously? Who would ever believe that? There are many causes for bad odors....if it were sewage you'd have noticed a lot more flies...among other things....
Old 05-17-2017, 07:50 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts
Default Smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
It may be all the old golf balls I hit into the pond are beginning to decay! LOL. Seriously I think it may runoff from whatever fertilizing agent they use. I've smelled it at a few other courses with ponds. I don't believe it's raw sewerage unless a force main has a leak.
I agree---likely fertilizer runoff.

Tags
pond, smell, green, ago, notice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.