Played Hacienda yesterday Sept 19th

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2020, 10:01 AM

I too played Hacienda last week and was disappointed in the condition. The roughs were wet and deep, fairways were threadbare and the greens deathly slow. Played Havana on Thursday (Kenya/Hemingway) and was astounded that either one of these nines were open for play, especially not being cart path only the entire 18 holes. On some holes, it was nearly impossible to retrieve your golf ball from the middle of the fairway due to muck 4"-6" deep. There were ruts from cart and mower tracks everywhere. Do the course superintendents and course managers not realize how much damage they are doing to these courses? If they are that wet, the course should be closed!
Old 09-21-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
A total dog track. Do not play it period. It was our 6th choice. Fairways not cut greens at about a 5 speed rough very high to the point of losing golf balls. If they cared a real embarrassment to this community. So glad I didn;t have guests playing this piece of junk. One of the nines we played had been closed for a week! What did they do? Just tired of it all. Makes my decision to leave much easier. OK you Kool-Aid drinkers I'm ready for all the excuses.
We played Hacienda yesterday (Sunday), and the greens on a stimpmeter were about a 1. When I said something to the ambassador about the greens being super slow, his response was they don't cut the greens on Sundays but they are cut Monday thru Saturday. When I look at the overall condition of this course, it makes me think they're letting it go downhill so no one will want to play it. Then Developer says no one is playing the course so we'll just develop it to more apartments or homes.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:48 AM

Not to be critical but I don’t believe the ambassador provided correct info. I play multiple “champion”courses and there is no way every course super is cutting greens six days per week. Perplexing to me when it comes to condition of greens, there is a wide degree of conditions from course to course. I believe that a few courses get to much play which adversely affects quality of putting surface. Where I previously resides in SC the course I belonged to closed the course for six days once each quarter to refresh the greens and perform needed maintenance on the fairways. This activity was scheduled and all members knew in advance. No one complained because when the course reopened, conditions were excellent. Don’t understand why that’s not done here on a regular basis/schedule

Last edited by Jazzman; 09-21-2020 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Misspell
Old 09-21-2020, 11:39 AM

Played Kenya today at Havana.. same story, same sad ending.... lost balls, some of the yellow tee boxes not even marked, had to create our own... "rough" doesn't begin to cover the roughs... everything was pretty much ROUGH!
Old 09-21-2020, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

What should be done when one complains "the rough was wet"? Doesn't that happen when it rains?
Old 09-21-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
I too played Hacienda last week and was disappointed in the condition. The roughs were wet and deep, fairways were threadbare and the greens deathly slow. Played Havana on Thursday (Kenya/Hemingway) and was astounded that either one of these nines were open for play, especially not being cart path only the entire 18 holes. On some holes, it was nearly impossible to retrieve your golf ball from the middle of the fairway due to muck 4"-6" deep. There were ruts from cart and mower tracks everywhere. Do the course superintendents and course managers not realize how much damage they are doing to these courses? If they are that wet, the course should be closed!
Kenya is a disaster.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:29 PM

Course conditions have deteriorated in the 10 years I have been in TV. Sometimes it's reasonable due to weather. But what irks me is when there are cart path only holes and wet areas when they obviously haven't paid attention to sprinkler use and virtually flooded an area that didn't need it. Also when they keep mowing the rough when there is little grass.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:13 AM
Veteran member

Stop, Stop, Please bring your Kool-aid with you when playing golf in the villages.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:56 AM
Smile Had a great time. Shot better than my handicap.

Gee, I played Hacienda Hills yesterday (9/21/20) with my usual pals and had a great time. I hit a lot of good shots, the weather was pleasant, birdies were made, birdie juice consumed and two of the guys in our group had "personal best" nines on the Palms course.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:57 AM

Don't worry, soon to be a parking lot anyway.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

we played the course over on Rolling Acres behind the "Fort Knox" storage facility the other day....it's a pretty tight course, but it was in great shape given all the rain

my disappointment with that course is that I often lose a stroke on the hole with the windmill
Old 09-23-2020, 05:25 AM

Hacienda in rotten condition ... No point in maintaining a new building site !!
Old 09-23-2020, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts
Default That was very well

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathon man View Post
i really don't have an excuse for anyone's decision to leave. But, it does seem to me that once the decision is made, it would be followed by a period of "i no longer feel the need to complain because i realize that i am in control of my situation.".
said
Old 09-23-2020, 09:36 AM
Default Wow

200,00 have died of Covid 19, 100-'2 have had their homes burned, more have lost them to floods, and all you can complain about is "long grass on a golf course" Shame on you
Old 09-23-2020, 10:16 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,296 Times in 534 Posts

Perhaps we can all agree that The Villages could do better when it comes to maintaining the golf courses. Especially the championship courses could be maintained better because we pay a “premium” to play. Frankly due to health and age I do not “pay to play” as much as some but I’ve noticed continued price increases and mediocre maintenance the last fourteen years. Suffice to say we could do better. I would especially like to see better time frames and less dollars to play nine holes at the championship courses. The fact that most are 27 holes tracks, it would seem fairly easy to attract and accommodate more golfers who would play nine instead of eighteen holes. BTW, the USGA is encouraging nine hole play which accommodates seniors and leaves time for other activities. Just a thought.

Tags
played, junk, nines, piece, playing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.