Truman

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2018, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Truman

Played Truman today and it is in very nice shape. I didn't notice any of the usual bad spots on the greens. The greens were pretty smooth and putted well although they are quite slow. The tees were perfect. I missed only two greens and had perfect lies.

There are a few wet spots that don't seem to drain very well and some idiots drove their carts through them.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Good to hear. I've never got to play Truman.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Good to hear. I've never got to play Truman.
IMHO Truman is the best designed executive course in TV. Number two is my favorite hole in TV.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,618 Times in 3,586 Posts

Give 'em Hell, Harry!!!
Old 07-05-2018, 03:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
IMHO Truman is the best designed executive course in TV. Number two is my favorite hole in TV.
I've played Rosevelt about 5 or 6 times. Found it challenging but fun.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:36 PM
Default 8th hole

I also enjoy trumen. I find the 8th hole, over the water in between the trees, staying clear of the bunkers as you try your best to land on the very slanted green I think its the most challenging.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,247 Times in 2,462 Posts

Love Truman. Will challenge any standard of golfer, specialy when greens are running fast. From back marker, hole 2 is a goody, and a booger when windy.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
It's certainly one of the best. I love to do the 18 hole crossover at Truman and Roosevelt. They are definitely two of the best in The Villages.

The second hole is nice, mostly because of the view, but the eighth is the one that you have to be careful of. Three is also a good hole. You can't miss that green to the right or you have a really difficult up and down.

I'm really glad to see them, along with Amberwood and Oakleigh. in good shape.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:17 AM
Veteran member
Default Truman

Do you know why the course is named Truman? Because Truman was an SOB.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shbullet View Post
I also enjoy trumen. I find the 8th hole, over the water in between the trees, staying clear of the bunkers as you try your best to land on the very slanted green I think its the most challenging.
The most difficult thing about that hole is club selection. The first time I played it, I hit the very front of the green and the ball spun back and was a few feet from the water. Yesterday, I foolishly didn't use my range finder. I hit an eight iron and ended up on the very back of that green with a front pin placement. It's a good thing that the green was slow. I putted it down to about a foot. Had the green been fast I might have been in the water. The sad thing is that I hit maybe my best shot of the nine holes. I thought it was going in. Nine iron would have been perfect.

I did notice however that the allowed the grass on that slope to grow up a bit. Good idea on the part of the Villages.

Closed Thread

Tags
greens, perfect, truman, spots, missed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.