Why still no water on the golf courses?

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2020, 05:20 PM
Default Why still no water on the golf courses?

People can now use rakes and pull the pin out but I guess pushing a button to get water is too much touching.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,629 Times in 924 Posts

I don't see it as a problem I have been taking my own water onto a golf course for years.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,873 Times in 2,683 Posts

We have never drank the water provided on the courses, prefer to know the source and always bring our own.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,543 Times in 1,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccampana View Post
People can now use rakes and pull the pin out but I guess pushing a button to get water is too much touching.
We like to know where the water comes from, and how long it’s been there. No matter what course in any state, or how exclusive the country club, I bring my own water.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,247 Times in 2,462 Posts

BYOW or B
Old 10-22-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

Quote:
You got the right answer in your post.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:05 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Too "touching"??? When I use the restroom I use a hand sanitizer afterwards...no issues. Why should pushing for water be any different.

As to why...no idea...more than likely it's driven by a few panicked semi-adults who believe the false narrative on most news outlets. I used the drinking fountains till they were packaged...what? late June? Never had a problem. As to those who don't trust that water, but trust the companies who bottle water...how do they know that isn't contaminated? Answer: they don't!
Old 12-27-2020, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,873 Times in 2,683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Too "touching"??? When I use the restroom I use a hand sanitizer afterwards...no issues. Why should pushing for water be any different.

As to why...no idea...more than likely it's driven by a few panicked semi-adults who believe the false narrative on most news outlets. I used the drinking fountains till they were packaged...what? late June? Never had a problem. As to those who don't trust that water, but trust the companies who bottle water...how do they know that isn't contaminated? Answer: they don't!
I prefer the water that goes through our whole house water filter system and comes out the kitchen sink, thank you!
Old 12-27-2020, 04:13 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,618 Times in 3,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I don't see it as a problem I have been taking my own water onto a golf course for years.
There is no problem, just whiners.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I like the new Gatorade Zero Calorie, been drinking it at the gym and the golf course for years. That's why I have the best golf cart cooler available.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 01-29-2021, 06:57 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default So do you drink water....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I prefer the water that goes through our whole house water filter system and comes out the kitchen sink, thank you!
at restaurants? Hotels? On the road? At an airport? On a cruise? Etc, etc, etc.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,813 Times in 2,382 Posts

Quote:
I never drink out of public water that provided which includes fountains. I don’t trust the condition of the equipment, people handling it, or the people using it.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,556 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
I had a friend whose son in Arizona died as a result of drinking the course water out of a container much like used here.

I always take my own, I only use the course water to wet a towel to keep the clubs and balls clean.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts
Default I drink plain water never cold when I’m outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I like the new Gatorade Zero Calorie, been drinking it at the gym and the golf course for years. That's why I have the best golf cart cooler available.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
even if I’m at a beach all day or gym it is better for you especially if your going to be out in the heat . I spent almost 40 years of my life in very hot tropical places around the world all those sports drinks are just a waste of money , regular water is all you need
Old 02-06-2021, 11:17 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,723 Times in 733 Posts
Default You're right on target with that one for sure !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post

Not "afraid" to drink bottled water at all, but you are on target as to where it comes from, what's in it, etc. Might as well fill your container at home, best you can do, never know when anything is contaminated but water to home is probably (?) the most closely monitored.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, button, pushing, guess, pull

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.