Bill Bryan Kia Leesburg Fl

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2019, 09:18 AM
Default Bill Bryan Kia Leesburg Fl

Went to Kia in Leesburg 8/21/19 w/ appt. oil change and headlight issue.. Had some time considered a new Kia Sorento, we have a 2014 that we love. Four hours later was told the extended warranty did not cover the headlights, that the entire headlight had to be changed b/c it was a sealed unit, at a cost of $1700. Luckily we did not have it done b/c they had to be ordered. Went to Vaugn on 466A
opoligized that he had to charge us $40.00 to change 2 light bulbs.What a disgrace. Dealer called back and told us it would have been a liability to us just to change the bulbs, b/c when they changed the bulbs the tech jiggled the bulbs and they went out, he liked that never was even discussed. How embarrassing, now I question all the other work they have charged us for over the last 5 years, which included changing the mechanism inside our steering when which does not work, they said we damaged the inside somehow because it is rusted inside. So we have not had any controls that we can use , cruise, volume etc. BE CAREFUL IF YOU USE BILL BRYAN KIA IN LEESBURG FL , OR GET A SECOND OPINION.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:15 AM
Veteran member

This raises the question: are they incompetent to simply change the bulbs or is this outrageous up-selling? At my recent visit there for oil change -- they wanted more than $400 for up-selling service items not recommended in factory service manual, including $125 to change brake fluid on a car with less than 25,000 miles. Guess where I'm not going in the future -- for service or a new vehicle? To make a few extra dollars now, they are risking losing thousands on a future sale. Dumb business plan.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Dealer BS
Old 08-25-2019, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicker View Post
Went to Kia in Leesburg 8/21/19 w/ appt. oil change and headlight issue.. Had some time considered a new Kia Sorento, we have a 2014 that we love. Four hours later was told the extended warranty did not cover the headlights, that the entire headlight had to be changed b/c it was a sealed unit, at a cost of $1700. Luckily we did not have it done b/c they had to be ordered. Went to Vaugn on 466A
opoligized that he had to charge us $40.00 to change 2 light bulbs.What a disgrace. Dealer called back and told us it would have been a liability to us just to change the bulbs, b/c when they changed the bulbs the tech jiggled the bulbs and they went out, he liked that never was even discussed. How embarrassing, now I question all the other work they have charged us for over the last 5 years, which included changing the mechanism inside our steering when which does not work, they said we damaged the inside somehow because it is rusted inside. So we have not had any controls that we can use , cruise, volume etc. BE CAREFUL IF YOU USE BILL BRYAN KIA IN LEESBURG FL , OR GET A SECOND OPINION.
Couldn't agree more. Previous posts from others who endured the torturous treatment at all of their dealerships kept us from buying at any of them about a year ago.

We tried a deal with BRYAN and from my memory remember the last-minute addition of about $900 in dealer fees made us walkout. John W said he had good luck with Central Florida Hyundai so even though it was a ride of around 40 miles or more it turned out to be worth it for us at the time of purchase and since. I had a problem at the first service and on a recall but they did everything to treat us fairly. They sent a Flatbed for our car all the way to Claremont (A Heartbreaker) and a loaner car from Hertz in Spanish Springs.

Car Dealers are different here than what we were used to and I don't think they are going to change.

I imagine many have had positive experiences at Bryan Dealership. Bravo for them. I'm glad things went well for them. So far.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:09 PM
Platinum member

We bought a brand new 2018 Toyota Rav4 from Clermont Toyota and so far can recommend them. They wash your car for free during routine maintenance, all covered until 24,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2019, 05:47 PM

My Kia goes to Accu Tech on 301 in Oxford. They do a great job.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:37 PM

Almost bought a used car from them. They upped the price. Went to leave and the salesmanager came to the car window and shouted " I thought you came to buy a car!". Drove away and found a better car in Ocala for less.
Closed Thread

Tags
kia, b/c, inside, bulbs, leesburg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.