Don't buy new GPS App

Don't buy new GPS App

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-08-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages GPS View Post
Hi Kerry AZZ lol

Please contact us at VillagesGPS@gmail.com and we will get you up and running. Both Android and iPhone apps work fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages GPS View Post
Hi and Thank you for your questions.

Just so you know...We are Villagers like yourself.

We started this back in 2012 because all there was back then is a paper map and holding it while driving was impossible. It was released in 2013.

So... we decided to make an app... it cost a small fortune to make it because we don't code and aren't developers. As The Villages grows, we have to continuously update the app and bugs, unfortunately, do happen. Technology can be a huge pain and we have had our share of issues.

We just wanted to help Villagers like ourselves from getting lost.

Why isn't it free you ask? Why doesn't the developer give us all our houses for free? Why didn't work your job for free lol ;-)

We are talking about $6.99 and all the free updates for the life of your device on whatever app store you bought it on.

The truth of the matter is... it is an ongoing cost and we put everything back into the app. We still have a real job even though we do live here. If you look at all of the updates we have done, you can see we haven't rested and always try our best to improve the app.

If ANYONE reading this is having an issue with the app, Please contact us at VillagesGPS@gmail.com and we will get you back up and running.
I understand the amount of hard and costly work that went into this application. Since the change of looks and upgrades over the past year the application seems to be much tougher to use. If your going to preload Restaurants and shopping maybe you should do it after you have a complete list? I’ve made its point to tell new folks here to download your application. It still is my go to application for my golf cart. And at a price less than a drink it’s still a good deal.

Old 03-08-2019, 09:51 AM

Updates to the maps get done regularly, that much I know. Every time a new shop shows up, it has to be updated. There will never be a "complete" list, as these things change organically. What was Jimbob's Bait and Tackle yesterday, might be MarySue's Delicates today. What was vacant yesterday, might be filled today, and what was a taco joint yesterday, might be vacant today.

If they had to wait for a complete list, it'd never get done.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2019, 11:40 PM
Gold member

I love the GPS app so much!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Sage

The app works great......I also recommend it to guests and visitors, that way I don't need to drag their butts everywhere and they get a true feel for getting around. They still get lost occasionally but the app gets them back. I remember the days when they would get lost and we would get a phone call to go get them......those days are gone thanks to the app.

Berks County Pennsylvania

Tags
app, gps, phone, call, support