Golf cart path error LAKE SUMTER
Home

Menu


Golf cart path error LAKE SUMTER

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Book Political Talk Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions FREE Static Cling Locations
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Golf cart path error LAKE SUMTER
  #1  
Old 02-13-2017, 10:40 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 172
Default Golf cart path error LAKE SUMTER

Heading out of Lake Sumter Town Square towards the Morse circle in order to go SOUTH on Morse (right turn) coming off Lake Sumter Rd you now have to take a right at the light on OLD CAMP ROAD (in front of Win-Dixie). It seems that previously the southbound cart path was directly across from the Northbound. They seem to have closed off the old SOUTHBOUND entrance which left me stranded on Morse Circle on my first use of the APP and first trip to Lake Sumter Town Square in my cart. Had to make a u-turn against traffic to get back.

  #2  
Old 02-14-2017, 07:40 AM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Heading out of Lake Sumter Town Square towards the Morse circle in order to go SOUTH on Morse (right turn) coming off Lake Sumter Rd you now have to take a right at the light on OLD CAMP ROAD (in front of Win-Dixie). It seems that previously the southbound cart path was directly across from the Northbound. They seem to have closed off the old SOUTHBOUND entrance which left me stranded on Morse Circle on my first use of the APP and first trip to Lake Sumter Town Square in my cart. Had to make a u-turn against traffic to get back.
They made this change several years ago as it was deemed dangerous for southbound carts from causeway to cross so close to the roundabout with Sumter-bound cars coming off it.

All carts now have to go through Winn-Dixie car park, but be careful at the eastern end of that as there is no STOP line just before you rejoin the MMP.
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 02-14-2017, 07:53 AM
Dr Winston O Boogie jr's Avatar
Dr Winston O Boogie jr Dr Winston O Boogie jr is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
They made this change several years ago as it was deemed dangerous for southbound carts from causeway to cross so close to the roundabout with Sumter-bound cars coming off it.

All carts now have to go through Winn-Dixie car park, but be careful at the eastern end of that as there is no STOP line just before you rejoin the MMP.
I've been here almost five years and it's been that way since I've been here. A ridiculous change IMHO.
__________________
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
  #4  
Old 02-14-2017, 08:27 AM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,104
Default

Reasonable imo. Carts crossing N and S bound at that location would be very dangerous and likely cause big backups.
  #5  
Old 02-14-2017, 09:40 AM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
A ridiculous change IMHO.
I agree. Far more likely to have an accident heading towards Sumter, navigating the busy junction at the lights, then making one's way through Winn-Dixie car park where no-one is paying attention.
  #6  
Old 02-14-2017, 10:43 AM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I've been here almost five years and it's been that way since I've been here. A ridiculous change IMHO.
You didn't have the opportunity to try to make that crossing with cars coming into LSL.......by far not a ridiculous change!
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
  #7  
Old 02-14-2017, 12:56 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 172
Default

My point was....... the app took me to the old path.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Username should be "EdF FORMERLY from NJ and glad to be gone."
  #8  
Old 02-14-2017, 01:01 PM
golf2140 golf2140 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bonita
Posts: 1,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You didn't have the opportunity to try to make that crossing with cars coming into LSL.......by far not a ridiculous change!
__________________
Villager from 2000 until they take me out in a small box!!!
  #9  
Old 02-14-2017, 02:08 PM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
I agree. Far more likely to have an accident heading towards Sumter, navigating the busy junction at the lights, then making one's way through Winn-Dixie car park where no-one is paying attention.
Really??!!?? We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
  #10  
Old 02-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Villages GPS's Avatar
Villages GPS Villages GPS is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Villages, Florida
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Heading out of Lake Sumter Town Square towards the Morse circle in order to go SOUTH on Morse (right turn) coming off Lake Sumter Rd you now have to take a right at the light on OLD CAMP ROAD (in front of Win-Dixie). It seems that previously the southbound cart path was directly across from the Northbound. They seem to have closed off the old SOUTHBOUND entrance which left me stranded on Morse Circle on my first use of the APP and first trip to Lake Sumter Town Square in my cart. Had to make a u-turn against traffic to get back.
Hi Ed,
Thank you for contacting us.

We now have that issue fixed :-) Feel free to try again now.
__________________
Thank you for your support,
www.VillagesGPS.com


Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
sumter, lake, cart, morse, southbound

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Clubs, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.