GPS App Feedback from Villagers
Home

Menu

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Book Political Talk Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions FREE Static Cling Locations
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 07:08 AM

Default GPS App Feedback from Villagers

This app does a very poor job at finding recreation Centers and estimating the distance. When coming to a turn it states " turn left in 175 miles, then states turn left in 475 feet". Not worth the $5. Spell check error. I'll blame that..lol. Actually

Old 11-07-2014, 07:57 AM

Actually I've had just the opposite experience...I find the latest update works flawlessly so far and haven't experienced any of the problems I had with the previous version. I used it yesterday going to Seabreeze and the directions were spot on, so I doubt that "all" recreation centers are a problem as you imply. Perhaps if you were to provide them with specific information, they might be able to check it out!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2014, 07:59 AM

I haven't found those types of errors so far. What I am disappointed in is that you can't enter an address or set up a route. It pulls up rec centers and landmarks such as stores easily but then I went to MapQuest to reach the address once I was close by. It's only a one time fee, which is good.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:55 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoobee View Post
This app does a very poor job at finding recreation Centers and estimating the distance. When coming to a turn it states " turn left in 175 miles, then states turn left in 475 feet". Not worth the $5. Spell check error. I'll blame that..lol. Actually
Do you have an iPhone or Android? If you have a iPhone… Do you have the latest update in your app store and updated it?

Steps to Update:

1. Go to your App Store App (Blue)
2. Click the Update button on the bottom right.
3. Find The Villages GPS (Blue with a compass)
4. Click Update.

Upload the new updated version and let me know if that works ok?

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:59 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapple View Post
I haven't found those types of errors so far. What I am disappointed in is that you can't enter an address or set up a route. It pulls up rec centers and landmarks such as stores easily but then I went to MapQuest to reach the address once I was close by. It's only a one time fee, which is good.
I think if I am reading this correctly… your simply wanting to put in your own address or any address for that matter..

When on home screen just click on the top right hand button called "Search".

Then you enter the address in the search box… THere is also a whole list of easy searches such as car wash, car repair, church, doctors, bar, etc etc…

Let us know how it goes… and of course if ANYONE needs specific help email us as our customer service is here to help you!!

FYI EVERYONE - we have listed on our website the updates we just fixed recently fixed over the past month. As we do more in the future we will list them for your convenience.

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 11-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Gold member

APP works for me just fine.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:20 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
APP works for me just fine.
Thanks Mike V. We have gotten so much positive feedback over the past couple weeks.. We want to make this the best $4.99 that you will ever spend and feel we have done that… Don't think were done!!

We are hard at work with more features coming in the future that you will love and improvements!
Spread the word please to everyone about us as your friends will surely thank ya...

VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 11-12-2014, 03:25 PM

I downloaded the original version on my iPhone 4s running iOS 6.1.3. Worked like a champ, with a few annoying bugs. When I saw an update was available, I downloaded it and installed it. It crashed immediately on start-up. After several unsuccessful tries, I uninstalled the update and reinstalled the original. All is fine now, but I sure would like to have the new data south of 466A
Old 11-12-2014, 05:25 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Emery View Post
I downloaded the original version on my iPhone 4s running iOS 6.1.3. Worked like a champ, with a few annoying bugs. When I saw an update was available, I downloaded it and installed it. It crashed immediately on start-up. After several unsuccessful tries, I uninstalled the update and reinstalled the original. All is fine now, but I sure would like to have the new data south of 466A
FYI - all data is in there per new updates south of 466A. If you have specific questions on this.. please email us so we can help directly.. Thanks for your purchase

VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Veteran member

Still no address entry, and the update step backwards. Still no turn by turn voice directions and Southern Trace has disappeared