Routing through construction areas

Reply
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 05-04-2024, 06:51 AM
Papa_lecki Papa_lecki is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 2,099
Thanks: 82
Thanked 2,669 Times in 976 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmbfoxtail View Post
However on the return trip to home it took us again though homes in a circle in a different area. There was no ryme or reason for this. It was very frustrating. It was the first time we used the GPS app. Other than that we were very pleased with it.
Other than getting us lost, we were very pleased with the GPS app.
  #17  
Old 05-04-2024, 07:01 AM
Kelevision Kelevision is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 696
Thanks: 4
Thanked 783 Times in 313 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Other than getting us lost, we were very pleased with the GPS app.
I don’t understand why people pay for this app? I’ve never used it but I’ve never had any issues with the free villages gps. Is there something else the paid version provides? Other than being routed through construction zones?
  #18  
Old 05-04-2024, 10:24 AM
JMintzer's Avatar
JMintzer JMintzer is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: No matter where you go, there you are.
Posts: 10,886
Thanks: 481
Thanked 8,411 Times in 4,382 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I don’t understand why people pay for this app? I’ve never used it but I’ve never had any issues with the free villages gps. Is there something else the paid version provides? Other than being routed through construction zones?
I found that TV App froze often and didn't give proper "North is up" maps. Also, the pay app had voice commands.
__________________
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway...

-Tom Petty
  #19  
Old 05-05-2024, 03:25 AM
Kelevision Kelevision is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 696
Thanks: 4
Thanked 783 Times in 313 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I found that TV App froze often and didn't give proper "North is up" maps. Also, the pay app had voice commands.
Interesting. I’ve never had any issues with it myself and it also gives voice commands.
  #20  
Old 05-05-2024, 03:45 AM
kansasr kansasr is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 726
Thanks: 233
Thanked 779 Times in 222 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I don’t understand why people pay for this app? I’ve never used it but I’ve never had any issues with the free villages gps. Is there something else the paid version provides? Other than being routed through construction zones?
The big difference is that it will give you point to point directions. The Villages app will only give you directions from your current location
  #21  
Old 05-05-2024, 09:43 AM
JMintzer's Avatar
JMintzer JMintzer is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: No matter where you go, there you are.
Posts: 10,886
Thanks: 481
Thanked 8,411 Times in 4,382 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
Interesting. I’ve never had any issues with it myself and it also gives voice commands.
It didn't when I first downloaded it...
__________________
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway...

-Tom Petty
Reply

Tags
routing, construction, areas, app, closed

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.